Fleetwood away - pre and post game discussion

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very surprised C.Brown was given pretty much a full half at right back in such a crucial game. Has he even played since his Bradford red card? Would have much preferred Dummigan slotting in at full back to keep defensive cohesion and Tuohy getting the second half in midfield.

Think Sheridans interview tells you why mills isn't featuring! Says 'a few of the players who aren't in the team I don't like their attitudes' I wonder who else is in the category?

Him and Poleon sat on the bench at half time doing bugger all. While the rest warmed up those two sat on the bench relaxing. Eventually got to tbeir feet for about a minute just as staff started to come back out...

Guest nonaenever

My own summary - 1st half utterly shocking.

2nd half - vast improvement

Support - phenomenal - the club doesn't actually deserve support of that magnitude

Forte - please please go away in the summer - you are simply not interested

Connor Brown - the mind simply boggles as to how he is a professional footballer - really, it does

Crofty - lose a stone mate and you will catch the England squad - very committed and calm on the ball

Forte - please please go away in the summer - you are simply not interested

Frustrating yes. But the guy has created three of our recent goals which, when we don't get many, shouldn't be overlooked.

He was a referee's contact lens away from creating a fourth today.

He's had a rough deal off refs in the past few games, his assists should not be overlooked and even though he isn't at the same level as early last season he is a real danger with the ball at feet at this level.

Yes.

He's not a scrapper, chase everything down player but he has the pace and the brain to cause danger to the opposition.

It may be his last run of games with us but he is likely to score or provide crucial goals in the next four matches

Cher Monsieur Bruce ,

Comment allez-vous?

Je suis un footballeur francais et je joue comme un defenseur pour Oldham Athletic. Mon ami Timmy , qui est originaire de Sheffield me dit que tu me aimes. Je vous aime aussi.

L'amour de Conoire Brun x

Go on Steve, you know you want to!

To be fair, as merde putain as he is, his attitude must me absolutely spot on.

Edited by L1onheartNew

Just seen the goals....

What an earth is brown doing for their goal? He is some how rolling on the floor with one of their players in front of Coleman and from what I can tell it prevents Coleman coming out to narrow the angle before the guys scores!

Nice to see Croft get some game time and do ok, he could have easily thrown in a sulky one.

Holmes-Dennis MOM for me, defended well and looked to get forward at every opportunity.

Ref had a shocker.

Pressley and his mate on the touchline will have a heart attack if they carry on like that every week, manic.

Holmes-Dennis MOM for me, defended well and looked to get forward at every opportunity.

Should be barred from getting it for humping that 93rd minute free kick over everyone.

Brian Wilson would be my shout, thought he had another good game.

I not sure about that mate. As I said many times, I watched his overall play and thought he was very poor & IMO I have never seen Connor Brown have a good game. I saw games where he didn't make a mistake and did the basics right for which he was praised by many and given a 'special mention' for me that wasnt enough when better players have since come and gone.

To be fair, a lot of us started using the 'special mention' just to wind you up!

By the way, well done the Dale

Edited by ChaddySmoker

Wasn't there, on the highlights I notice Brown in a heap on the floor for the first goal. Presume the attacker cleverly blocked him off, and he just fell to the floor hoping for a foul - didn't see him appeal though.

Understand the frustration with Forte. I was furious after Sheff U away. He doesn't go hunting back for the ball and easily goes missing - maybe being too nice, but perhaps he has to be like that with his dodgy knee. Plus, he's most effective higher up the pitch.

Ultimately, he can do nothing for two-thirds of a game but then he's the one that loses his marker when we do create a clear chance or get in behind; he's the player that is getting assists and makes things happen when we do score.

He's still got that intelligence in reading play that others at this level don't have.

And he still has enough pace. He could easily have earned two red cards, yesterday and at Burton, and a penalty yesterday.

He's a better version of Poleon. The latter will get more involved, but, unlike Forte, fluffs his cross or shot. Forte's movement off the ball, going forward, is in a different league to Poleon and many others.

Edited by IceStationLatic

I took the pray and wait for the result route yesterday and 1 1 turns out to be a very good result.

I can't see Blackpool getting more than another win so we need to keep our goal difference better than theirs.

Colchester have to win their last four to get above us as three wins and a draw won't do with their goal difference.

Crewe are gone which leaves Doncaster as the main threat - I'm not forgetting that Fleetwood and Shrewsbury have to climb above us - because they might just get seven or more points from their remaining games. Lets hope they get beaten by Chesterfield and Coventry so that 48 points is enough even though I think we have another win and a draw coming.

As much as Brown was crap, any liability on him for the goal is entirely misplaced.

Gerrard's tackle was ludicrous and left us exposed. When the cross came in he was somewhere on his arse in front of the main stand and Scougall couldn't miss.

Gerrard though is immune from being criticised given how great he's been.

Forte is nowhere near fit and never will be. First and foremost he's understandably protecting his knee and to some looks disinterested. Still has a touch of class though which it would appear is good enough for Sheridan.

Forte is frustrating.

Whilst he is effective, and recent assists are testament to that, I get the sense that he could be better.

Maybe he is conserving his body, but he looks like he is disinterested at times. Some of his worst performances are linked to days when we don't play to his strengths to be fair to him - ball on the ground out to the wing = dangerous; ball lumped up in the middle = waste of time.