at that time...he wasn't a convicted rapist??? - No actually he wasn't a convicted rapist when we tried to sign him but don't let the facts get in the way eh! I'm sure if you educate yourself you will work it out eventually :smoking:

You're a bit dim if you miss that very crucial point. - Not dim but educated. :coffee1:

Though made easy by being overseas and reading about her out of court financial settlement with a rugby player from a previous incident and also her bragging texts, all due lack of censorship of the case outside the UK.

Ok. If you want to argue black is white...

But in January 2015, Ched Evans, by law, was a man signing the sex register as a convicted rapist.....

It sounds like your education wasn't good enough I'm afraid.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok. If you want to argue black is white...

But in January 2015, Ched Evans, by law, was a man signing the sex register as a convicted rapist.....

It sounds like your education wasn't good enough I'm afraid.

Which part of having his conviction overturned by the courts do people need to understand?

His conviction was was overturned in the eyes of the legal system ( though not in some peoples dim minds it seems unfortunately) , voided, nullified, no longer existed, ceased to be - it was to paraphrase a monty python sketch " an ex conviction"

It was a man without a conviction we tried to sign

but hey dont let the facts spoil a good story!

Which part of having his conviction overturned by the courts do people need to understand?

His conviction was was overturned in the eyes of the legal system ( though not in some peoples dim minds it seems unfortunately) , voided, nullified, no longer existed, ceased to be - it was to paraphrase a monty python sketch " an ex conviction"

It was a man without a conviction we tried to sign

but hey dont let the facts spoil a good story!

April this year wasn't it?

I think he is extremely lucky to be walking away today without a conviction. Just goes to show how difficult these trials are.

Still glad we didn't sign him. Disgusting human being that he is.

What makes you say he is lucky? Presume you were in court for the full trial? Nah. Back under your rock

April this year wasn't it?

Yes. Stagger Lee is struggling with the timeline bit on this.....

Although I have a feeling he knows full well why at the time it was right to say no. Next he'll be asking for 70,000 apologies!

Edited by boundaryblue80

Same people claiming he is lucky were the ones chastising those who thought he'd been wronged, pointing out he'd been found guilty by a court of law.

Now surely they should be all over her like they were Evans after all a man (in the eyes of the courts) has served five years for a crime he didn't commit.

Same people claiming he is lucky were the ones chastising those who thought he'd been wronged, pointing out he'd been found guilty by a court of law.

Now surely they should be all over her like they were Evans after all a man (in the eyes of the courts) has served five years for a crime he didn't commit.

That would be rather silly wouldn't it.

I wonder if Ched Evans’ wholehearted apology ”to anyone who might have been affected by the events of the night in question” is meant to include the alleged victim, Sheffield United, Barry Owen, Simon Corney, Lee Johnson, Verlin Rainwater and anyone who felt aggrieved enough to sign a petition or to stop attending matches.

http://chedevans.com/

I wonder if Ched Evans’ wholehearted apology ”to anyone who might have been affected by the events of the night in question” is meant to include the alleged victim, Sheffield United, Barry Owen, Simon Corney, Lee Johnson, Verlin Rainwater and anyone who felt aggrieved enough to sign a petition or to stop attending matches.

http://chedevans.com/

Why wouldn't it?

Please lock this thread.

Depressing reading the opinions of some...

100% agree with you he been found not guilty so be it. Whatever your opinion those few days in Jan caused nothing but bother & rift among fans.

Reality is he didn't sign for us, never has, proberly never will.

Let's focus now on getting 3 points tomorrow or maybe the Mods moving this to the non football part of OWTB.