Pre season protest

This protest is a load of bollocks. There isn't one single unified message coming from that group. They don't even know why they're protesting. Some say it's to get better communication from the club, because they want questions answered. Yet the club offered to meet them yesterday. The group turned down that opportunity. Shambles. That group is run worse than anything. I think a protest group to protest over the stupidity of the leadership of the 1st protest group should be set up

• Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldn't you consider a club in the division below with a transfer embargo being a more attractive option mismanagement?

+1

End of the day, they're a club a division below us, getting similar attendances than us with a huge club right on their doorstep that aren't going to be progressing anywhere above L1 any time soon. The fact that all this and being under a transfer embargo, they can still take our manager shows we really are rotten from top to bottom.

Something has to change and at this stage, I would take any new owner no matter how psychotic because I'm bored stiff and so is everybody else.

Wouldn't you consider a club in the division below with a transfer embargo being a more attractive option mismanagement?

+1

End of the day, they're a club a division below us, getting similar attendances than us with a huge club right on their doorstep that aren't going to be progressing anywhere above L1 any time soon. The fact that all this and being under a transfer embargo, they can still take our manager shows we really are rotten from top to bottom.

Something has to change and at this stage, I would take any new owner no matter how psychotic because I'm bored stiff and so is everybody else.

It doesn't really matter what I think it's what Sheridan thought.

If they were offering him £100K and we were paying him £50K then he's off. Maybe it's Notts C that are mismanaged offering a stupid salary they can't afford and us that's living within our means.

This protest is a load of bollocks. There isn't one single unified message coming from that group. They don't even know why they're protesting. Some say it's to get better communication from the club, because they want questions answered. Yet the club offered to meet them yesterday. The group turned down that opportunity. Shambles. That group is run worse than anything. I think a protest group to protest over the stupidity of the leadership of the 1st protest group should be set up

Agree with this, though I wouldn't be quite so harsh as the group clearly feel passionate about the club.

I also agree with the protesters complaints about communication, but rather than stand outside the main entrance why not put those concerns and questions to Simon Brooke in a properly structured way for him to ask and get answers to on our behalf, or even attend the next Trust meeting? We seem to have gone straight to a protest without exploring other options first

Agree with this, though I wouldn't be quite so harsh as the group clearly feel passionate about the club.

I also agree with the protesters complaints about communication, but rather than stand outside the main entrance why not put those concerns and questions to Simon Brooke in a properly structured way for him to ask and get answers to on our behalf, or even attend the next Trust meeting? We seem to have gone straight to a protest without exploring other options first

The club offered to speak to them before the protest yesterday. They declined. It's embarrassing

They took their eye off the ball after Johnson left for sure but got it sorted in the end.

Got it sorted in the end?

We've still not recovered from it.

We may well go down next season because we've not had a proper squad since then, and we came very close the latest one...

The club offered to speak to them before the protest yesterday. They declined. It's embarrassing

Several reasons why the meeting was declined yesterday I have not got the time to list them all. What I will say is a further meeting has been offered and subject to availability will go ahead within the next couple of weeks.

Also there is the open fan meeting on Saturday that I hope lots of fans can attended.

If it's true that they refused the opportunity to meet the club that is disappointing.

One of their main concerns appears to be a lack of communication from the club, so to turn down an offer to get their questions answered seems self-defeating.

Any meeting with the board has always just been an opportunity for them to patronise the supporters or feed us yet more lies to shut us up.

That protest, however, is embarrassing. 30 kids having a mess about outside the ground is just cringeworthy and although I applaud the support and the sentiments, I just hope to Christ the video Bob posted on Facebook does not go viral!

just employ some people who are better at generating it via the various methods available to a football club?

Problem with this is that with the current structure, there is no way of measuring performance. Okay, you could say still being in L1 is measurement in itself - but who generates investment interest, and how is that interest monetized? Who isn't pulling their weight? Perhaps they are - who knows.

I have just witnessed an almighty change in a clubs' leadership - we were sleepwalking into a new era, assuming that those in control had the best interests of the club in hand. The truth of the matter was is that it was cronyism of the highest order - top jobs for all the boys, with hardly any financial progress or development given the resources at their disposal. As a consequence the membership pressurised the board, provided resolutions and members votes to change the culture of the board; important MV's and resolutions were passed at the AGM with the board resigning. The subsequent EGM will see the membership voting/interviewing for new board members hopefully with proven track records to progress the club. We see exactly who these people are, their experience, their worth.

My point is that, SC doesn't have to answer to anybody - there is a club and there is Simon. The club is his, and he can do what the :censored: he wants with it.

Perhaps there is no point, and I'm just rambling - however, it's so frustrating when you are unable to see the worth of those trusted to do decent job.

Problem with this is that with the current structure, there is no way of measuring performance. Okay, you could say still being in L1 is measurement in itself - but who generates investment interest, and how is that interest monetized? Who isn't pulling their weight? Perhaps they are - who knows.

I have just witnessed an almighty change in a clubs' leadership - we were sleepwalking into a new era, assuming that those in control had the best interests of the club in hand. The truth of the matter was is that it was cronyism of the highest order - top jobs for all the boys, with hardly any financial progress or development given the resources at their disposal. As a consequence the membership pressurised the board, provided resolutions and members votes to change the culture of the board; important MV's and resolutions were passed at the AGM with the board resigning. The subsequent EGM will see the membership voting/interviewing for new board members hopefully with proven track records to progress the club. We see exactly who these people are, their experience, their worth.

My point is that, SC doesn't have to answer to anybody - there is a club and there is Simon. The club is his, and he can do what the :censored: he wants with it.

Perhaps there is no point, and I'm just rambling - however, it's so frustrating when you are unable to see the worth of those trusted to do decent job.

It may be Simon Corneys club but his main income generation is from the fans pocket...he has a vested interest in ensuring they are satisfied so has a duty of care to ensure he keeps them on board. Edited by Blue_Guru

Got it sorted in the end?

We've still not recovered from it.

We may well go down next season because we've not had a proper squad since then, and we came very close the latest one...

I'd say Dunn stabilised things somewhat off the pitch after chaotic reign of Kelly, Sheridan then took that on and secured league safety.

There's nothing to suggest next manager won't have the means to put a competitive squad together.

Several reasons why the meeting was declined yesterday I have not got the time to list them all. What I will say is a further meeting has been offered and subject to availability will go ahead within the next couple of weeks.

Also there is the open fan meeting on Saturday that I hope lots of fans can attended.

Find the time.

Any meeting with the board has always just been an opportunity for them to patronise the supporters or feed us yet more lies to shut us up.

That protest, however, is embarrassing. 30 kids having a mess about outside the ground is just cringeworthy and although I applaud the support and the sentiments, I just hope to Christ the video Bob posted on Facebook does not go viral!

Embarrassing I agree. But it was more than just kids. And as for declining to meet the club...<shakes head in disbelief>.

Find the time.

They have no idea what they're doing. They're all sheep. You ask majority of the protesters to say why they're protesting and they can't. That video was embarrassing yesterday. Don't say lack of communication from the club is a problem the turn down a meeting with them. He couldn't meet the club because he doesn't have the mental capacity to hold a proper discussion regarding his concerns. As proved on Facebook yesterday when people were making points to the protesters. They say something like lack of communication so someone says take the meeting. They reply with get out of Corneys arse. Idiots

They have no idea what they're doing. They're all sheep. You ask majority of the protesters to say why they're protesting and they can't. That video was embarrassing yesterday. Don't say lack of communication from the club is a problem the turn down a meeting with them. He couldn't meet the club because he doesn't have the mental capacity to hold a proper discussion regarding his concerns. As proved on Facebook yesterday when people were making points to the protesters. They say something like lack of communication so someone says take the meeting. They reply with get out of Corneys arse. Idiots

This bloke here who does not have the mental capacity to hold a proper conversation with anyone has already been in to meet with the club, and attended the open fans forum trust meeting, where only 5 fans actually turned up. Now that is embarrassing 5 fans at an open trust meeting when there are loads on here who have quite a lot to say quite a lot of the time. One of the main reasons I didn't go in yesterday was I want to speak to Simon Corney and he was not available. It has now be arranged that I may well get a meeting with Simon Corney. You might not agree with what I have done or said but lots of others do. There is no need at all for you to come on the Internet and start making demeaning comments about me when I suspect you don't even know me.

list a few at some point today when you have the time please.

im sure you will post on twitter, facebook or on here so it should only take a minute or 2?

If the are going to protest then there needs to be a better plan and you need to equipped with all the facts, reasons etc of why you are doing this in the first place.

If you were offered a meeting with the club and you turned it down for no other good reason than uou got good feet then dont protest because all you are without a decent reason, argument and conviction in your beliefs are idiots stood outside with black marker on a bed sheet!

(this isnt directed at you personally Westy)