EFL Trophy - Premier League Academies in...

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like we voted for, anything for a bit of money.

Those that voted against confirmed so far:

Accrington

Wimbledon

Oxford Utd

Hartlepool

Portsmouth

Port Vale

I can understand clubs voting for it because there will be financial security involved. What fans need to do is show the "EFL" that we don't want this whether that be via protests, petitions or whatever else. If you make enough noise, people listen.

Edited by doctor evil

I'd certainly put our youth team out against theirs. I like the way the EPL have put 1 million pound in for the winners...it wouldñt of done them any harm to put million pound in per club they entered and spread it out amongst the rounds so everybody gets a feed. I shud imagine Chelsea under 21 etc would be in with a good shot of winning the million pound back plus the 950k that normally goes to league 1 and 2 side that would normally win it. As if the EPL needs more money

Edited by OAFCinWolves

I'd certainly put our youth team out against theirs. I like the way the EPL have put 1 million pound in for the winners...it wouldñt of done them any harm to put million pound in per club they entered and spread it out amongst the rounds so everybody gets a feed. I shud imagine Chelsea under 21 etc would he in with a good shot of winning the million pound back plus the 950k that normally goes to league 1 and 2 side that would normally win it. As if the EPL needs more money

Surprised chelsea aren't fielding about 7 under 21 teams. They've just retained 82 players lol

Definitely not going to any of these games no matter who we are playing

Hope that two Premier League U21s get into the Final at Wembley to play in front of a likely lowest Wembley attendance ever

WTF is happening to Football :deal:

It's become a national version of the Manchester Senior Cup. If they force us to play strong teams against reserve sides, then that is a disgrace.

I won't be going to any game in this competition. Be it agains Manchester United reserves or Sheffield United's first team.

In the 60s the Lancs Senior Cup was reserve teams from Divs 1 & 2, first teams from 3 & 4 but it felt right - not least because the reserve teams were full of players who often played for the firsts. Matches at Boundary Park regularly got crowds of between 5000 - 10000.

But this is different , it's disrespectful to the Football League clubs , a thin end of the wedge and the FL have been bought off by short term money , seemingly ignoring the longer term implications

In the 60s the Lancs Senior Cup was reserve teams from Divs 1 & 2, first teams from 3 & 4 but it felt right - not least because the reserve teams were full of players who often played for the firsts. Matches at Boundary Park regularly got crowds of between 5000 - 10000.

But this is different , it's disrespectful to the Football League clubs , a thin end of the wedge and the FL have been bought off by short term money , seemingly ignoring the longer term implications

And I seem to remember our first team hammered by Man United reserves a few times.

Signed. I really hope there's a full boycott of this competition, not just the academy games. This is an occasion that fans actually can stand up for themselves and make a difference.

It was widely derided but they've done it anyway. Fans wishes ignored. So fans should ignore the competition - every game.

I have always liked the JPT. I'd be relatively happy with finishing 17th and winning the JPT. A chance, as an adult, to watch my footballing idols walk out at Wembley would be something I'd treasure forever. I was more gutted after the Chesterfield game in 2012 than I've ever been after a match before.

But this can seriously suck my balls. Whoever decided this is a :censored: of the highest order...

I have always liked the JPT. I'd be relatively happy with finishing 17th and winning the JPT. A chance, as an adult, to watch my footballing idols walk out at Wembley would be something I'd treasure forever. I was more gutted after the Chesterfield game in 2012 than I've ever been after a match before.

But this can seriously suck my balls. Whoever decided this is a :censored: of the highest order...

This.