FAO The Trust - a Jimmy Frizzell Day?

Mods feel free to move once they've seen it.

What about the club making the Walsall home game a Jimmy Frizzell Day? (his family as guests of honour of course if they're in agreement).

A minute's applause before kick off - no reason not to do the same before the Wigan game aswell (he's worthy of two) but this is the first proper Saturday home game....

As many players as possible from his sides introduced & paraded around the pitch at half time.

It wouldn't just be a fitting and deserved tribute but might also add a few to the gate by getting some older, lapsed supporters in wanting to pay homage and will give the new players & manager a sense of the history of the club they've just joined and how great Oldham Athletic have been in the past and could be again in the future....

Edited by HarryBosch

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great idea

some of the names that played under him for at least a couple of years that "have' to be there

Ian Wood

Ronnie Blair

Vic Halom

Roger Palmer

Keith Hicks

John Hurst

David shaw ..... the list goes on

Got to be careful who else I name they may have passed away without my knowledge

Mods feel free to move once they've seen it.

What about the club making the Walsall home game a Jimmy Frizzell Day? (his family as guests of honour of course if they're in agreement).

A minute's applause before kick off - no reason not to do the same before the Wigan game aswell (he's worthy of two) but this is the first proper Saturday home game....

As many players as possible from his sides introduced & paraded around the pitch at half time.

It wouldn't just be a fitting and deserved tribute but might also add a few to the gate by getting some older, lapsed supporters in wanting to pay homage and will give the new players & manager a sense of the history of the club they've just joined and how great Oldham Athletic have been in the past and could be again in the future....

Good idea if we have a manager before then

I've passed this up the trust food chain as well as the other thread/poll on how we can honour him.

I hope the club also have irons in the fire too..so to speak

TBA folks

Edited by underdog

"Oldham Athletic, in conjunction with Trust Oldham, are currently in the process of organising a fitting tribute to celebrate the life of ex Latics player and manager Jimmy Frizzell."

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/jimmy-frizzell-tribute-3169331.aspx

Maybe we could retire the club manager role, in his honour, like.

Just a slight tangent but you see a number of clubs who celebrate with a minute's applause during the match at an agreed point ie. Villa for Petrov or Newcastle, and I stand to be corrected here, for the two fans who lost there lives in an air disaster.

Only problem is we haven't got a bleeding scoreboard so when would it start ?

• 5 weeks later...

It would also be fitting if fans to wear the retro Tangerine or Blue Navy top on the day of the game. Alongside the tributes that the club will be doing.

Give this legend the tribute he deserves.

This I like. I also happen to have the retro Tangerine top...

It would also be fitting if fans to wear the retro Tangerine or Blue Navy top on the day of the game. Alongside the tributes that the club will be doing.

Give this legend the tribute he deserves.

This I like. I also happen to have the retro Tangerine top...

Seems the Athleticos are planning this.

Something for the new SLO to get their teeth into.

Walsall (H) 13/08 Is Jimmy Frizzell Day!There's Already Going To Be A Display By"@OA95Athleticos "We R urging every1 to wear tangerine #oafc

Seems the Athleticos are planning this.

Something for the new SLO to get their teeth into.

oafc_topoff@georgeOAFC1999 9h9 hours ago

Walsall (H) 13/08 Is Jimmy Frizzell Day!There's Already Going To Be A Display By"@OA95Athleticos "We R urging every1 to wear tangerine #oafc

Yeah told the SLO and a few of them at the weekend

A great gesture if it can be organised in time.I always wear my old tb&w scarf with pride and recogntion of what great teams and a great manager Sir Jimmy Frizzell was.Never to be forgotton times for me.

I believe The club and trust via Simon Brooke have been working hard for a fitting tribute in time for the Walsall game and a more permanent tribute too.

Details are almost finalised and I'm sure once confirmations are in place, will be rolled out imminently.

Tba folks.....

Not sure about this fixation with wearing tangerine

For the vast majority of his career here we were in blue and white

Yes promotion in71 in tangerine but the ones in 63 and 74 were blue

But as long as people pay tribute to the man that's ok

Not sure about this fixation with wearing tangerine

For the vast majority of his career here we were in blue and white

Yes promotion in71 in tangerine but the ones in 63 and 74 were blue

But as long as people pay tribute to the man that's ok

True, but he's the only manager whose time included a tangerine home kit