TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY - 11.00pm Wednesday 31st August 2016

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, the emergency loan system has been scrapped. Loans no longer permitted outside the transfer window.

Free agents can still be signed outside the window though.

Goalkeepers are the exception to this if your back-up has played less than so many (10?) league games.

Wolves fans that i know said he was :censored: and for once they were correct.

That said, when you get off to such a bad start, getting injured it, must be difficult to get up to speed.

Still, two down, one to go. Taxi for Carl....

Bollocks - we're going to bear witness to his Second Coming.

Some will laugh, but from what I've seen of Banks and Flynn so far - I know it's early days - they don't look significantly better than Winchester

3 years worth of watching Winchester compared to 4/5 games watching Banks/Flynn. It took Winchester a long time to get up to scratch.

They don't necessarily look 'significantly' better but they certainly look 'significantly'fitter.

Some will laugh, but from what I've seen of Banks and Flynn so far - I know it's early days - they don't look significantly better than Winchester

I would agree with you if you put together clips of his highlights with us and compared them against highlights of their times with us. But he's been here three years and they have had a month.

I have spent a long time hoping it would work for Carl here, the left footed cross against Liverpool and the double twist with salco to beat three players and thecracker from outside the box will live long in the memory but he has failed to impress better judges than me. Time to move on I fear.

3 years worth of watching Winchester compared to 4/5 games watching Banks/Flynn. It took Winchester a long time to get up to scratch.

They don't necessarily look 'significantly' better but they certainly look 'significantly'fitter.

That's the key. You have to have a reasonable level of athleticism. A pit of pace, strength, stamina. He's a light weight, and he's reaching the 'period of peak fitness' (Johnson, you :censored:, you can have that one for your powerpoint). He's got talent but no physical attributes. Pity, but he's like one of those really good Northern Prem players who you think, 'wow, really talented, why isn't he playing at a higher level,' but then he still gets subbed with 20 minutes to go because he's knackered and needs a fag and a pint.