TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY - 11.00pm Wednesday 31st August 2016

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest nonaenever

Superb news ! A very good right back - looks like the Northern Ireland connections have paid off. Will the doubters now believe that Latics are serious of making a fist of it?

Like others, I would have liked to see another solid centre back in (in case, God forbid, Clarke gets injured) and Gerrard would have been superb - but that's not to be.

Good luck to Connor B - always been a likeable character whatever you think of other things.

Cassidy - it just never happened - hope the move does him good.

Looking forward to Saturday !

Regret this post yet?

You have obviously misunderstood . I was responding to yarddog73 and suggesting that if the original poster was correct yarddogwould have to do the baring!

Absolutely unbelievable signing for us, where did that come from?

Onward and upward COYB

Great signing...is that the last one tonight? Last minute deal for striker perhaps to replace Cassidy?

We have 4 strikers, that should be enough. 1 centre back I'd be happy with, looking unlikely now though, we can still sign free agents though. Overall very happy with the squad now.

Great signing...is that the last one tonight? Last minute deal for striker perhaps to replace Cassidy?

Doubtful with Mckay, Erwin, Osei and Lapado. Think it has been mentioned that Glackin has spent some time training with first team aswell.

We have 4 strikers, that should be enough. 1 centre back I'd be happy with, looking unlikely now though, we can still sign free agents though. Overall very happy with the squad now.

Still missing a creative winger/midfielder.

I know it's highly unlikely but if we could sign free agent Gerrard within the week then you'd have to really back us for top 6 this season. If not more!

I'm happy with what SR has done so far, and happy with the squad, but lets not get carried away just yet! Remember we've only won 1 game so far.

I know it's highly unlikely but if we could sign free agent Gerrard within the week then you'd have to really back us for top 6 this season. If not more!

Interesting point as I think the new rules on loans bizarrely make the likes of Gerrards position stronger. A team who has a defender crocked , suspended or just crap can no longer get cheap/free youngster from the premier league on loan therefore the free agents like Gerrard are available but at a premium , and few and far between, and can pitch their demands as they wish to teams who may be desperate.

It might be worth him, and his ilk biding his time.