I think SR has put together a decent squad of players that could do ok to decent in this league under the correct leadership.

He needs to change his negative tactics and give the players more freedom because they are being drained of all confidence with this don't concede or commit yourselves to far up field bull :censored:.

The midfield sits far to deep allowing the opposition to collect the ball from the keeper and dictate play easily and we can't cope.

There is no excuse for lack of effort and heart which franchise had in abundance today but on several occasions I saw a full back or midfielder realise that had gone to far forward and turn back to their own positions leaving us short in numbers in the final 3rd. Exactly the opposite to how Shez approached things.

It's :censored:in boring & it's no longer unexpected!

We don't often agree, but your summing up is right. Why has Fane lost all confidence, he was a nervous wreck today?

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By heck that was depressing

Brightish start then one of our two season best players gifts them a goal and it was like the air going out of a balloon

No guile , pace, technique ....

As committed as ever but today left me feeling very flat.

Lots of things to put right but surely getting the ball into positions where our forwards could score is a major one? Osei and ladapo need to run on to the ball but it's never put there for them. Have we had a forward through one on one with the keeper this season?

It's midfield that's my priority. Imagination and perception - I'd even consider taking Jose back

I'd even take Lee Hughes back.

We don't often agree, but your summing up is right. Why has Fane lost all confidence, he was a nervous wreck today?

At first he was the only midfielder that had any forward drive, he carried the ball. Today his instinct was to go backwards or sideways. I personally think SR has taking the line of discipline to far as it's affecting not just him but all the players confidence. They are not playing with any freedom.

I feel sorry for our strikers because they have absolutely no support from midfield.

Edited by palmer1

The most worrying thing for me is we are actually looking worse and worse as the weeks go by. The more time the players and manager spend together the worse they look.

Maybe most think they won't be here for long so why bother.

What a load of :censored:e today!! 4 of us st holders, 3 of them didn't bother today, I wasn't going to go but last minute I got the mrs to drop me off without my few ales before game, what a mistake,the first 20mins was watchable after that what a load of toss,left the game yet again early doors, spoke to a family waiting to be picked up at the gates on broadway and they said first an last, when will this :censored: end!!

It looks to me that this is what happens when you have no manager or players two weeks before the season starts and then rush to cobble together a squad. It's the manager's squad and his tactics that are failing but hasn't he been set up to fail from day one? Two terrible seasons can be traced back to problems within the club. Whatever they may be. I'm not a Corney hater, I think we'd have gone under long ago without him but I question why he sticks around, what he gets out of it apart from large bills and abuse.

Today was pathetic. I can't see how it will ever get better until someone invests. I don't know why anyone would.

Boring :censored:. Lack of quality. Poor tactics. Clueless at home. Can't attack. Painful.

Really reminding me more and more of the first half of last season. Groundhog day....every week. Totally disillusioned.

I wonder if Neil Warnock will still be available in December.

I too have a season ticket and will be there for every game, regardless of performances or results. Thats what you are supoosed to do.

It's what YOU are supoosed to do; you're made that way. Some of us have ambition for things we care about.

Surprisingly nothing up to now, but what more could he say that hasn't been said already.

He must be regretting taking the job and if this carries on for much longer I can see him walking away.

Is it any wonder Steve Evans turned down the job!

Date online: 30 September 2016

From the Chron....

ATHLETIC are occupying a false position in Sky Bet League One and should be looking at the top-six, according to hard-running midfield man Paul Green.

Not in a false position anymore!

Edited by oafc1955

We've had many poor strikers over the years but have we ever had 3 with as little desire, application & intent as Ladapo, Mckay and Erwin?

He must start Osei through the middle from hereon in. As raw as he is he looks like he actually wants to score goals. Those three just go through the motions.

Edited by HarryBosch

Clarke, Osei and McLaughlin aside we were like a team of Dean Furman's today.

All wholly focussed on doing nothing wrong rather than trying to do something good that may or may not come off.

Whether that's down to them or down to the managers instructions I don't know

It looks to me that this is what happens when you have no manager or players two weeks before the season starts and then rush to cobble together a squad. It's the manager's squad and his tactics that are failing but hasn't he been set up to fail from day one? Two terrible seasons can be traced back to problems within the club. Whatever they may be. I'm not a Corney hater, I think we'd have gone under long ago without him but I question why he sticks around, what he gets out of it apart from large bills and abuse.

Today was pathetic. I can't see how it will ever get better until someone invests. I don't know why anyone would.

Why are players now looking progressively worse after promising starts? Fane being a prime example.

We've had many poor strikers over the years but have we ever had 3 with as little desire, application & intent as Ladapo, Mckay and Erwin?

He must start Osei through the middle from hereon in. As raw as he is he looks like he actually wants to score goals. Those three just go through the motions.

Might as well start with Osei and Glackin than those damp squibs.

Date online: 30 September 2016

From the Chron....

ATHLETIC are occupying a false position in Sky Bet League One and should be looking at the top-six, according to hard-running midfield man Paul Green.

Not in a false position anymore!

That was ringing around my head head when the full time whistle went. Best move of the game besides the kids match was them opening the gates for us all to get out.

Thought the same myself on the way out today, Osei as a lone striker and pack the midfield (who with :censored: knows).

At one stage we had four striker doing the square root of :censored: all between them and absolutely no midfield, Green can't play the game for two or three teammates every game and he's fighting a losing battle in there week in week out.

I said it after a couple of games and got slated on here that McKay and Erwin didn't have goals in them and I've been proved right, neither deserve a start and its difficult to know where we can go from here but I'd seriously think about going 4-5-1 and playing the likes of Winchester behind one striker because the strikers we are starting are effectively passengers.

Thought the same myself on the way out today, Osei as a lone striker and pack the midfield (who with :censored: knows).

At one stage we had four striker doing the square root of :censored: all between them and absolutely no midfield, Green can't play the game for two or three teammates every game and he's fighting a losing battle in there week in week out.

I said it after a couple of games and got slated on here that McKay and Erwin didn't have goals in them and I've been proved right, neither deserve a start and its difficult to know where we can go from here but I'd seriously think about going 4-5-1 and playing the likes of Winchester behind one striker because the strikers we are starting are effectively passengers.

Can't argue with that.

I dislike one up front as a rule but, as has been said on here, our best performance came against Wigan doing that.

The fans get on the players backs at home!! WTF it's like a library the last 3 home games

Im suprised there hasnt been more in the way of booing and heckling to be honest. If he thinks this is bad, give it another couple of losses...

Xfactor world with instant success?

2 goals in 6 home games? I think we've been more than patient...