Took the words out of my mouth

Funny that you liked that but think it's ok to use obscene language at me.

Have you tried reading the article in the link in this thread?

Come back to me after you have

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't subscribe to Latics player. Have you read the link? Have I made up a quote?

So you've not watched the interview, or read a full transcript? You're just going off a couple of quotes used in an article and making your mind up from that?

There's context to what he said and what he was asked. He doesn't "blame the fans", he talks about how the players haven't dealt with the atmosphere and how they haven't offered anything for the fans to get behind.

Experimental graphics are really interesting and provide a good statistical analysis of why we are where we are. I wonder then why we brought in Dummigan, an exciting prospect possibly but playing a position that we had adequate cover for, rather than trying to bring in an experienced striker instead of a loanee with no league scoring record?

So you've not watched the interview, or read a full transcript? You're just going off a couple of quotes used in an article and making your mind up from that?

There's context to what he said and what he was asked. He doesn't "blame the fans", he talks about how the players haven't dealt with the atmosphere and how they haven't offered anything for the fans to get behind.

Fair enough, but it's still an attempt to deflect the blame. He picked the team and he sets out the tactics. We are abysmal at home but make a fist of it away because he knows how to set out a defensive team, but he hasn't shown the slightest glimmer of knowing how to actually create, pressure or attack. It's truly awful and clueless. The 'context' that needs to be considered centres around his own tactical ability and his team selection, which all too often has been unbalanced and negative.

I make up my mind from looking at the pile of :censored: served up for us at home matches. Easy to pontificate when you don't pay to suffer such utter dross.

Fair enough, but it's still an attempt to deflect the blame. He picked the team and he sets out the tactics. We are abysmal at home but make a fist of it away because he knows how to set out a defensive team, but he hasn't shown the slightest glimmer of knowing how to actually create, pressure or attack. It's truly awful and clueless. The 'context' that needs to be considered centres around his own tactical ability and his team selection, which all too often has been unbalanced and negative.

I make up my mind from looking at the pile of :censored: served up for us at home matches. Easy to pontificate when you don't pay to suffer such utter dross.

I was giving my opinion on something I have paid to watch - his Latics player interview. Not excusing the performance. Or pontificating about anything.

The next seven games see us facing tough trips to Gillingham, Rochdale and Bolton as well as top of the table Scunthorpe home and away, how many points are we going to muster from those games then? Highlight of the season for me is likely to be the FA Cup 1st round draw where hopefully we pull out a non league team whose ground I've not been too.

The next seven games see us facing tough trips to Gillingham, Rochdale and Bolton as well as top of the table Scunthorpe home and away, how many points are we going to muster from those games then? Highlight of the season for me is likely to be the FA Cup 1st round draw where hopefully we pull out a non league team whose ground I've not been too.

Since our win at Bury our record is 0 4 3. Since the same day Bolton's record is 0 4 3...... Let's play the team not the name

Clarke, Osei and McLaughlin aside we were like a team of Dean Furman's today.

All wholly focussed on doing nothing wrong rather than trying to do something good that may or may not come off.

Whether that's down to them or down to the managers instructions I don't know

Even when they do get a chance to score their finishing is as bad as anything I've seen. How can a team go this far into a season having only scored from free kicks and corners?

What seems weird now is that the manager was genuinely very earnest about Mckay being the man who would score a lot of goals.

Replied to wrong post

Edited by real

Even when they do get a chance to score their finishing is as bad as anything I've seen. How can a team go this far into a season having only scored from free kicks and corners?

What seems weird now is that the manager was genuinely very earnest about Mckay being the man who would score a lot of goals.

He's been disappointing.

But there weren't many grumbling when he arrived.

We are suffering from the 'don't make any mistakes' and the 'stay in position' syndromes. Fane is also suffering from the 'don't get sent off again' or I'll leave you on the bench approach to management.

To play entertaining football you have to take risks. At this rate we will be relegated with one of the best defensive records and the smallest crowds since I started supporting Oldham 26 years ago.

I now understand why some may have disagreed with my view that the game at Charlton was abysmal - which it was. Any regulars who witnessed that game and saw it as half decent have clearly become so institutionalised that anything they see that isn't off the scale of direness sees it as being quite respectable.

Edited by Dave_Og

He's been disappointing.

But there weren't many grumbling when he arrived.

Yeah, we didn't have a clue, like almost every other player signed in the summer.

It doesn't help that the tactics are so dry, and it's quite obvious we're missing attacking intent at the heart of the midfield - there must be something seriously wrong for Winchester to have not had a run out when we're crying for his type of player - but even then the finishing is just appalling by all three strikers. They must've scored goals in the past - what is so badly wrong here that they can't put away relatively simple chances?

We are suffering from the 'don't make any mistakes' and the 'stay in position' syndromes. Fane is also suffering from the 'don't get sent off again' or I'll leave you on the bench approach to management.

To play entertaining football you have to take risks. At this rate we will be relegated with one of the best defensive records and the smallest crowds since I started supporting Oldham 26 years ago.

I put that down to clipboard Baraclough, the manager and crowd just watch the boring tactics in sheer bewilderment.

Guest nonaenever

Why is it the assistant's fault rather than the manager?

You're correct. The manager has to carry the can although there is a degree of collective responsibility from the management team as a whole. Pre-match, the assistant had them doing "shooting practice" and it all looked ever so nice; smashing them into the corner of the goal past the reserve keeper. Then come the game....... shot shy as ever...... it is totally baffling and our awful tactics are down to the manager. Oh and our much vaunted defensive capabilities are fast going out of the window too. There are 7 teams in our division now with a good a defensive records as us. Only thing is they all score more goals than us - some many more. Therein lies the problem - concede one at home and we look like we are beaten.

One thing I noticed yesterday was that when we had possession in the final third in open play, we rarely ever got more than 2 men in the penalty box. In similar situations MK Dons usually got 4 in there.

We're not scoring and we're not creating many chances which, to a large extent, is due to the fact we don't commit enough men forward.

He's going to have to introduce a more adventurous playing style to get out of this mess. He's not just sending us down at the moment, he's knocking another 200 off the gate every game because it's just so boring to watch.