• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I Left the ground totally emotionless today...what does that mean? I wasn't even angry...when the second goal went in and I thought this lot are going to be booed and I thought it's not even their fault. This is their level of not lower, this is what we have got. Is it the players fault, mangers fault, owners fault...A catalyst of all. I really don't have a clue

I got the false impression that they were at least fighters early season, that they fighting for the ball, back tracking when they lost it and were up for the tag of underdogs a relegation favourites....well guess what reality is here we are and I can't see a way out of it too.

A friend who I sit with was looking at a couple of youngsters trying to sign along with the athleticos and he's said in five years time that they would probabably be wearing united and city shirts after watching this today. I have say I thought he was right, the kids at half time were better entertainment and they should have kept them on.

It's bloody hard to be an oldham fan and I only have the stomach to put drink in it..god how depressing

Edited by underdog

Same here. Been going for 35 years too. My season ticket will remain in my wallet but I will remain no where near Boundary Park.

I bought mine thinking it would be a Sheridan led Latics this season, instead it's this wank I have to put up with. :censored: this I'm staying away from BP for a while, can't put myself through it anymore.

Mr Barraclough, please throw your clipboard which seems stuck to hand with superglue in the nearest canal.

Your spent more than 5 minutes showing substitute Osei reems of paper before he came on, which made not a scrap of difference.

Latics defending on free kick from which MK Dons scored was non existant.

Concentrate instead on coaching the strikers anticipation, holding up the ball and shooting for a change.

Mr Barraclough, please throw your clipboard which seems stuck to hand with superglue in the nearest canal.

Your spent more than 5 minutes showing substitute Osei reems of paper before he came on, which made not a scrap of difference.

So he shouldn't have told him what to do, just launch him on and hope for the best?

Apologies for venting, just got home and Mrs V doesn't care so felt the need to get it off my chest. I'm off to stick my head the gas oven now.

Don't do it....she get the insurance then...hahah....have some liquid refreshment and don't let it ruin your weekend.

I just came home, said to the hubby don't ask (he gave up on latics a few season ago) and what's for tea as he's cooked a curry. I just brought the beers home with me. Aren't I a good wifey

Very poor today. I was away for the Swindon game so I can't compare two, brief glimmers of good passing and movement but as soon as we get it on the the final third we fall flat, I don't know if the players or the coaching or the tactics that's off but something is wrong.

I couldn't wait for the final whistle today, I will be back but only because I've got a season ticket if I was a pay at the gate customer I wouldn't be rushing back.

If there was every showing of why are gates have dwindled it was on that pitch today.

All this modern :censored: of talking tactics with subs eh

It's all that POMO, bomb alley, crap they are fed....do you remember the Lee Johnson presentation...

Jesus h...just move forward, get some passes/crosses in the box to a blue shirt and wellie it into the onion bag...Christ our defender Clarke I think had a shot outside the box today. I was even that desperate and tempted to shout to Ripley to shoot too.

Starved of entertaining footy I am

So he shouldn't have told him what to do, just launch him on and hope for the best?

Do you really need to instruct a striker for over 5 minutes?..just tell him to get in the mix and score for goodness sake.

Yet another case of text book coaches over complicating things.

And you are really forgetting, despite all his mumbo jumbo the team have scored only 5 goals in league 11 games and 1 at home..none from open play I think.

Edited by BP1960

Bull:censored: baffles brains, football really isn't as difficult as some would make out, that :censored:ing clipboard needs launching over the Main Stand, as professional as he may thinks it looks these players need injecting with desire and heart because most of them wouldn't look out of place playing the tinman in The Wizard of Oz.

If we didn't have Clarke in there I dread to think how bad we'd be, I know it's only a quarter of the season gone today and there's still 99 points to play for but we really do look like we've run out of luck with this bunch.

What's most troubling is the teams we've played at home have all come here barring Northampton on the back of bad runs and non of them were in the top half when we played them yet we've failed to score against five of the six, now that's :censored:ing desperate and offers very little hope going forward.

Don't do it....she get the insurance then...hahah....have some liquid refreshment and don't let it ruin your weekend.

I just came home, said to the hubby don't ask (he gave up on latics a few season ago) and what's for tea as he's cooked a curry. I just brought the beers home with me. Aren't I a good wifey

Bastard, we have an electric oven.

It's all that POMO, bomb alley, crap they are fed....do you remember the Lee Johnson presentation...

Starved of entertaining footy I am

For all the mocking of that presentation that goes on, when is it OK to admit that there may have been something in it. I miss how we played when we had him. Contrasting today with that 3-0 win at Dale is so depressing. Seems like it was a different club.

Bull:censored: baffles brains, football really isn't as difficult as some would make out, that :censored:ing clipboard needs launching over the Main Stand, as professional as he may thinks it looks these players need injecting with desire and heart because most of them wouldn't look out of place playing the tinman in The Wizard of Oz.

If we didn't have Clarke in there I dread to think how bad we'd be, I know it's only a quarter of the season gone today and there's still 99 points to play for but we really do look like we've run out of luck with this bunch.

What's most troubling is the teams we've played at home have all come here barring Northampton on the back of bad runs and non of them were in the top half when we played them yet we've failed to score against five of the six, now that's :censored:ing desperate and offers very little hope going forward.

Clarke was our best striker today,you can bet he ignored all the coaches theories and did his own thing.

For all the mocking of that presentation that goes on, when is it OK to admit that there may have been something in it. I miss how we played when we had him. Contrasting today with that 3-0 win at Dale is so depressing. Seems like it was a different club.

It does help if you have players who are willing to move instead of stood like statues.

Edited by BP1960

I think SR has put together a decent squad of players that could do ok to decent in this league under the correct leadership.

He needs to change his negative tactics and give the players more freedom because they are being drained of all confidence with this don't concede or commit yourselves to far up field bull :censored:.

The midfield sits far to deep allowing the opposition to collect the ball from the keeper and dictate play easily and we can't cope.

There is no excuse for lack of effort and heart which franchise had in abundance today but on several occasions I saw a full back or midfielder realise that had gone to far forward and turn back to their own positions leaving us short in numbers in the final 3rd. Exactly the opposite to how Shez approached things.

It's :censored:in boring & it's no longer unexpected!

By heck that was depressing

Brightish start then one of our two season best players gifts them a goal and it was like the air going out of a balloon

No guile , pace, technique ....

As committed as ever but today left me feeling very flat.

Lots of things to put right but surely getting the ball into positions where our forwards could score is a major one? Osei and ladapo need to run on to the ball but it's never put there for them. Have we had a forward through one on one with the keeper this season?

It's midfield that's my priority. Imagination and perception - I'd even consider taking Jose back