" the fans get on our back quickly?" Try watching the utter garbage we have for the last few seasons mr.robinson, then you might have an idea why we are all so pissed off! 100% commitment is the very least I ask.....even that is becoming a rarity. Our home form for the last half a dozen seasons has been nothing short of abysmal.

You put this team together, so I'd sort it out pronto if I were you......last two home games totally unacceptable!

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having paid £120 to watch 6 home games and see us get three points from eighteen and score in one game I could understand if some fans got on the teams/managers back but most around me and I include myself in that just sat resigned to our fate today, expectation has truly reached rock bottom and I can hand on heart say the kids game at halftime was more entertaining and enjoyable than anything our paid professionals could muster.

Having listened to his interview on bbc he references the fans getting on players back, says "rightly so", then basically says that the players need to have a look at themselves if they crumble playing in front of 3000 disgruntled/bored fans. It's true. It's pathetic that our home form has been so dismal for so long under so many managers. Yet they can play with more freedom away from home.

Going off the highlights from Charlton, we missed at least 3 sitters in the 6 yard box so there's some intent. Just at home it's been so bad for ages. I've lost count of the number of times I've sat at BP bored rigid and watching us roll over.

I do think Robinson has missed a trick with the strikers - he got in Clarke and Green to give vital experience to the defence and midfield but there's no leader up front. 3 inexperienced loan strikers and a kid from non-league. Izale McLeod, Ryan Lowe were available this summer I think. They may not have 20 goals in them any more but the experience of strikers like that may create the space for the younger ones and also take the pressure off. Not much can be done about that for a while now though unfortunately.

Having listened to his interview on bbc he references the fans getting on players back, says "rightly so", then basically says that the players need to have a look at themselves if they crumble playing in front of 3000 disgruntled/bored fans. It's true. It's pathetic that our home form has been so dismal for so long under so many managers. Yet they can play with more freedom away from home.

Going off the highlights from Charlton, we missed at least 3 sitters in the 6 yard box so there's some intent. Just at home it's been so bad for ages. I've lost count of the number of times I've sat at BP bored rigid and watching us roll over.

I do think Robinson has missed a trick with the strikers - he got in Clarke and Green to give vital experience to the defence and midfield but there's no leader up front. 3 inexperienced loan strikers and a kid from non-league. Izale McLeod, Ryan Lowe were available this summer I think. They may not have 20 goals in them any more but the experience of strikers like that may create the space for the younger ones and also take the pressure off. Not much can be done about that for a while now though unfortunately.

I wouldn't call Mckay inexperienced......

I agree, they've used too much of the budget on fringe players who will struggle to get into the team. I know that squad players are needed but we should have used our budget - or lack of it, more wisely - we could have used two of the fringe players wages to get one decent striker. We have virtually no goal threat whatsoever, and when we do manage to get a goal scoring opportunity we don't have strikers who are prolific enough to convert the chances. I've said before that if any teams score first against us I can't see us scoring twice. As good as our defence has been generally we are going to concede. It's not bloody rocket science, sign a striker! One with s proven goal scoring record. And for those who say McKay already has one, then we need another because he has not looked like scoring since he's been here. Oh for a Lee Hughes or Luke Beckett type. A striker who actually knows where the goals are.

Four out of the last five managers have been totally :censored:. Seriously :censored:. And now the recent disaster blames us!! Seriously????

Sheridan comes in, signs three players with a touch of quality, turns it around, clearly likes/gets the club and treated like a :censored:.

Corney's seriously :censored:ed up. The other four appointments were/are crap. It's not :censored:ing rocket science. Sheridan just applied a bit of common sense.

Robinson - once you start questioning the club and its fans it's time to piss off. You're not good enough and you're making stupid excuses. The art of deflection. :censored: off back to Scotland. Even i could manage a team up there.

I agree, they've used too much of the budget on fringe players who will struggle to get into the team. I know that squad players are needed but we should have used our budget - or lack of it, more wisely - we could have used two of the fringe players wages to get one decent striker. We have virtually no goal threat whatsoever, and when we do manage to get a goal scoring opportunity we don't have strikers who are prolific enough to convert the chances. I've said before that if any teams score first against us I can't see us scoring twice. As good as our defence has been generally we are going to concede. It's not bloody rocket science, sign a striker! One with s proven goal scoring record. And for those who say McKay already has one, then we need another because he has not looked like scoring since he's been here. Oh for a Lee Hughes or Luke Beckett type. A striker who actually knows where the goals are.

Trouble is, unless said striker is a free agent, we can't sign anyone even on loan until January. So, unless we know of a striker who's without a club (no, not Jake Cassidy!) and is a bit prolific, we'll have to stick with what we've got until New Year. Unless one of the kids is capable of stepping up.

= :censored: manager.

For all the mocking of that presentation that goes on, when is it OK to admit that there may have been something in it. I miss how we played when we had him. Contrasting today with that 3-0 win at Dale is so depressing. Seems like it was a different club.

0-7 away at MK Dongs. I don't miss the way we played that day .

The fans get on the players backs at home!! WTF it's like a library the last 3 home games

He's in for a shock when we lose another couple at home then. It's not even got close to fans being on the players backs. Nor his for that matter...

I'm still seeing standing ovations when they're subbed off from some.

Four out of the last five managers have been totally :censored:. Seriously :censored:. And now the recent disaster blames us!! Seriously????

Sheridan comes in, signs three players with a touch of quality, turns it around, clearly likes/gets the club and treated like a :censored:.

Corney's seriously :censored:ed up. The other four appointments were/are crap. It's not :censored:ing rocket science. Sheridan just applied a bit of common sense.

Robinson - once you start questioning the club and its fans it's time to piss off. You're not good enough and you're making stupid excuses. The art of deflection. :censored: off back to Scotland. Even i could manage a team up there.

He said that it was "rightly so" that the fans got on the players backs, and that it's up to them to give the fans something to get behind.

This is going to be another one of those "even Fergie couldn't get this team to win" type misquotes.

Despite sitting through the MK no show I seriously enjoyed watching us under LJ especially away against our near neighbours, to a lesser extent the football was good under Shez but other than that the last five or six years have been chronic, I actually don't like to blame Robinson because I feel given half a chance he could turn it around but therein lies the problem, our managers really have to manage the impossible and proof of that may be why LJ and Shez seemed so desperate to get out at the first opportunity.

Another crate of brown ale for Monsieur?

I dont thnk he did blame the fans. Despite Gordon twice trying to get him to

Guest nonaenever

He's spoken.

"I've told them some home truths"

That's not the first time he's commented on the fans negativity. I get the feeling he's going to walk away

http://www.sportinastorm.com/League-One/Oldham-Athletic/Oldham-boss-Stephen-Robinson-rues-lack-of-fight-within-squad/X3Y57Z2159636

There was very little negativity today despite there being every reason to be! It was like everyone was simply resigned to the inevitable and the fight has simply gone out of the fans - thoroughly depressing.

"There's a fear factor when we play at home because the fans do get on our backs quite quickly, but it was deserved today and we gave them nothing to shout about."

So he's saying that today, for a change, the fans were right to get on the players backs. But the other times they were not?

He clearly is having a go at fans.

"There's a fear factor when we play at home because the fans do get on our backs quite quickly, but it was deserved today and we gave them nothing to shout about."

So he's saying that today, for a change, the fans were right to get on the players backs. But the other times they were not?

He clearly is having a go at fans.

Yeah, i read that as him having a bit of a dig at the fans. He's had a bit of a dig, followed up with a 'rightly so' comment to make it sound better.

I don't think he was having a go at the fans at all. He wouldn't have even mentioned us if Gordon hadn't asked a couple of times. He comes across as knowing full well that things aren't good enough and just being frustrated by the situation at the moment.

This season I've found the fans have been very apathetic at the games. Even when we win a corner or a free kick in a good position there has been very little response. No 'Come On Oldham' at all from what I noticed. The game at HT was much better than the main event. I'm not one for leaving a game before Full Time, I'm there to watch the football regardless but the football and the lack of fight in the last 2 home games has been so bad I've left long before the end. It's unacceptable that we have to put up with performances like that.

I'm a season ticket holder but I won't be going again for a long while. I wanted to go hand my card to Corney and never return again. I didn't really want to go today but thought it might be better because we played ok at Charlton.

Guest nonaenever

He comes across as knowing full well that things aren't good enough and just being frustrated by the situation at the moment.

"frustrated" - I should bloody think so - we are bottom of the league with one win all season courtesy of an own goal. Just waiting for someone to say "we didn't really have a pre-season and the side needs time to gel" - I can spot a poor one when I see one - bye bye Robinson - sick joke.