When we had a decentish 10 minute spell yesterday in their final third the reluctance to shoot was dumbfounding, even the crowd where egging someone to shoot but instead it was passed off sideways until eventually we lost possession which is so frustrating, also why does McKay drop into midfield to pick up the ball then when he receives it pass it back to a defender and run back to take up a forward position, achieving absolutely nothing.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spends the week writing up notes by the look of his dossiers.

Ridiculous that they run through a reem of instructions to a player when getting subbed on. Two to three instructions are about all anyone would handle regardless of playing ability. It just looks silly.

I quite like Ripley proberly our best keeper we have had in a long time but had he been Brill, Chubs even would of been slaughtered for that first goal yesterday.

As mentioned earlier I don't think fans have been much on the players back or compared to times last year.

Then again there is a lot of well known faces that just ain't bothering anymore.

I quite like Ripley proberly our best keeper we have had in a long time but had he been Brill, Chubs even would of been slaughtered for that first goal yesterday.

As mentioned earlier I don't think fans have been much on the players back or compared to times last year.

Then again there is a lot of well known faces that just ain't bothering anymore.

It was a shocker and I knew he'd got it wrong as soon as he'd dived.

There was actually a small ripple of applause by way of encouragement in the immediate aftermath.

While it's accurate to say others would have been slaughtered for the error, I think it's fair to say that most of our support recognises the quality he brings too. And despite yesterday's error and his disaster at Preston I think he'll play in the premiership in future.

Nothing wrong with being thorough...

It's become a trendy obsession. I imagine the less instructions swimming around in your head when you played the better.

Edited by BP1960

While it's accurate to say others would have been slaughtered for the error, I think it's fair to say that most of our support recognises the quality he brings too. And despite yesterday's error and his disaster at Preston I think he'll play in the premiership in future.

Yep, absolutely. He's earned the right to chuck a few in given how he's paid a massive part in every single one of our points gained this season...

There was actually a small ripple of applause by way of encouragement in the immediate aftermath.

A Boro supporting mate of mine was very surprised he wasn't loaned to a Championship club this season, and he was top notch in his spell in the SPL. All keepers let in a few bad ones and any reasonable fan acknowledges that.

A Boro supporting mate of mine was very surprised he wasn't loaned to a Championship club this season, and he was top notch in his spell in the SPL. All keepers let in a few bad ones and any reasonable fan acknowledges that.

Joe Hart made plenty of blunders.

I was behind the pegs and quite a few said kept going Connor and clapped him on...even at half time when he went off. He's been my player of the season so far and let's face it, the losses we have had the scoreline could have been much worse.

I was behind the pegs and quite a few said kept going Connor and clapped him on...even at half time when he went off. He's been my player of the season so far and let's face it, the losses we have had the scoreline could have been much worse.

Proves we're not an unreasonable bunch.

Despite the dross on the pitch and our league position, we're still willing to back someone who's trying.

Proves we're not an unreasonable bunch.

Despite the dross on the pitch and our league position, we're still willing to back someone who's trying.

When you put into perspective what Oldham Fans have had to be happy about over the last 20 years we really aren't a bad bunch.

Yes. Why even bother with tactics at all?

I actually agree with BP on this one...running through more than 2/3 instructions to a player just as they are about to set foot on the pitch is unnecessary and is more likely that the player will remember less of the asks.

I actually agree with BP on this one...running through more than 2/3 instructions to a player just as they are about to set foot on the pitch is unnecessary and is more likely that the player will remember less of the asks.

He's that stupid he can't remember more than 2/3 things he's been told?

He's that stupid he can't remember more than 2/3 things he's been told?

He was given so much information he forgot what he was on for - to score goals.

Edited by BP1960

He was given so much information he forgot what he was on for - to score goals.

I sometimes wonder why you're not managing a premier league winning side seen as you know everything from tactics, which technology is helpful, how many instructions a player should be given etc.

I sometimes wonder why you're not managing a premier league winning side seen as you know everything from tactics, which technology is helpful, how many instructions a player should be given etc.

I have worked for Premiership managers. I know some who keep it simple and some who make it difficult, I prefer the simple approach.