After his behaviour when we went to Rotherham a while back I intensly dislike him but I would have anyone rather that this deluded useless clueless prat Robinson.

I was gutted when Shez went and felt let down and was looking forwards to this season under his leadership and experience.Having said that I would have him back in a flash !!and would drive down to Notts to bring him back to sign

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he's a :censored: of a man for prostituting himself to every club that needed a manager last summer, but would have him back in a heartbeat.

You'd have to wonder, though, if he'd come back here. He obviously thought we were a club in crisis last summer and I can't imagine much will have changed since then to change his mind...

You'd have to wonder, though, if he'd come back here. He obviously thought we were a club in crisis last summer and I can't imagine much will have changed since then to change his mind...

Unless he's on the dole, in which case his standards will likely have lowered

Guest nonaenever

I was as gutted as anybody when Shez went - and a little disappointed in him too. That said, my forgiveness would take 0.0000000001 of a millisecond if he were to return. It would be the archetypal no brainer and might just prevent our relegation (again). My Christmas wish.....................

Anybody who wouldn't want Shez back clearly wouldn't have the best for the club at heart. Just their own personal grievance against him. That's from someone who can't stand Steve Evans but I would've had him at the club in a shot.

Similar sentiments to me, I was angry with Shez when he walked after all the badge kissing etc. but I'd have him back in a heartbeat. I can't be doing with Evans or Keith Hill, both bellends of the highest order, but again I'd take either of them as manager. At least we'd have a bit of hope!!

Wouldn't want Sheridan back because he'll just do what he did last summer again and :censored: off for more money if he kept us up.

You can't keep on the same page, can you?

So in the real World...it's "poor little mites" over the food issue

But in your World, a man shouldn't be afforded the real World opportunity of going and doing another job for more money elsewhere when they've done a good job at their current employers?

Seems that the real World only suits when it fits your argument.

You can't keep on the same page, can you?

So in the real World...it's "poor little mites" over the food issue

But in your World, a man shouldn't be afforded the real World opportunity of going and doing another job for more money elsewhere when they've done a good job at their current employers?

Seems that the real World only suits when it fits your argument.

You think in the real world someone who had :censored:ed over his employer like sheridan did would be welcomed back? According to people on here sheridan went slagging his employer off when he left.

With football being emotive like it is, I suppose I 'get' why people would have a grievance with Shez for leaving, but for me, even with the depressing nature of his departure, he has more than enough credit in the bank. He played for us for free, and even risked his health by coming out of retirement whilst approaching 40 with dodgy knees out of necessity by playing for us in the aftermath of that awful summer of 2003 (and was still an absolute class act, may I add!) and - granted, circumstances were different, but it was still a massive gamble - the records say we sacked him whilst being 4th (if memory serves) in the league back in 2009. Is 'loyalty' just a one way street? For better or worse, it certainly seems so with football.

All this grievance with badge kissing, chest thumping - I have no doubt whatsoever it reflects how he feels about us. You only have to look at his reaction after the Southend win that kept us up (seems so long ago now :disappointed:) I refuse to believe that this was the act of someone who, at the time, thought he'd be managing a different club come August. To fans of a certain era who missed the glory years (I myself only caught the fag end of it), he's as close to a legend as we have had in recent times. Perhaps this is what makes it so galling to some.

For someone who has given so much service & dedication to club as a player, youth coach, assistant & manager over 2 spells to want to walk away is a clear indication that something had gone drastically wrong between the time he was appointed & the time he left. I just can't accept the 'it was for more money' argument in isolation, and the mess that presided over the next 2 months with 4 (:censored:ing FOUR!!) contracted players etc just fuels the fire that something had gone massively south. Let's face it, as soon as that Season Ticket deal came out around Feb, alarm bells were ringing for a lot of people re our financial position.

What gets me most, is that if it was purely down to Shez leaving for more money as is mooted, is just the way the club seemingly bent over and accepted it. Clearly I'm not privy to the details of his contract, but it was widely believed to be a 2 year one - if Corney was that aggrieved, surely he could've played hardball, put him on gardening leave & hung him out to dry? Looked like he was pretty happy for him to move on without semblance of a fight, save for a contract offer we suddenly heard about at the 12th hour. I've never shuddered so much as when I read 'John goes with our blessing' - to a club in a lower division that was in a :censored:ing transfer embargo. What ambition we have.

Personally, would I have him back? In an absolute heartbeat, but unfortunately, with football being like it is, he's essentially now cut all ties with the club & I think he fully knew this when he signed for County.

What a :censored:ing mess.

You think in the real world someone who had :censored:ed over his employer like sheridan did would be welcomed back? According to people on here sheridan went slagging his employer off when he left.

I'd say it's a 1-1 draw between Corney and Shez at the moment and if it was mutually agreeable, they'd pair up again. Which if Shez was jobless and this :censored: carries on with Robbo, it will be mutally agreeable for them.