• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not working under Robbo. Saying that, I don't think these players would do much better under anyone else. In other words, we're f*cked.

Maybe time for SR to forget the defensive training plans and constantly worrying about the opposition, just tell the players to put the other team under relentless pressure for a change.

Best manager in the league? He's doing good at Rochdale but he's been found out before now. I wouldn't say no but there's far better out there IMO......

Not in this league there ain't.. what he's doing with a side that has a small budget, extremely low gates whilst also consistently bringing through youth team players and selling them on for fees as a result of that.

Dickov must have been a cheaper option.

I was told (by someone well connected with the club) a few weeks before Dickov's appointment that he was going to be appointed. And why. I'm not saying any more other than his ability to do the job and wage weren't the highest factors in the decision.

Edited by boundaryblue80

I was told (by someone well connected with the club) a few weeks before Dickov's appointment that he was going to be appointed. And why. I'm not saying any more other than his ability to do the job or wage weren't the highest factors in the decision.

Nice one. Thanks for that wealth of "in the know" knowledge

I was told (by someone well connected with the club) a few weeks before Dickov's appointment that he was going to be appointed. And why. I'm not saying any more other than his ability to do the job and wage weren't the highest factors in the decision.

That does surprise me a little, as I thought cost was the only thing that was ever considered.

Whatever you say , say nothing when you talk about you know who.

Because going off what I've seen this season (I've been to 7 home games where I've seen the grand total of 2 goals for us and no wins) whatever team we put out we never look like we're going to score even when we make the attempt to go more attacking after going 1 or 2 nil down.

The reason we don't score is we set up defensively, we scored at Walsall and Lincoln when adopting a second half hell for leather approach and didn't concede.

Anything to do with the theory about managers paying Corney to take on the job?

It's a side note to this, but I heard Harry Redknapp won a few quid when Dickov got the job here...

I'm not sure you've really entered into the spirit of Sunday football there

Its changed a hell of a lot in the top divisions. When i first started as a 17 year old we didn't bother training at all. Just turned up and picked a team. If you did that now you would get mullered every match and thats no fun. We all play because we love football. The training isnt a hardship, we enjoy it and some of it is in the gym. Not everybody does that part to be fair.

And i bet you pay for the privilege of playing as well.

You are right. Yes we do. It costs a fortune with buying kits and everything else that goes with it, paying refs, subs to the league and so on and so forth. Better value than a £200 season ticket at B.P though. At least you get some enjoyment out of it.

Last year when we sacked Dunn and actively went after Sheridan to be his successor.

However, I agree with the post - can't see Robinson being axed any time soon...

Unlike Shez who could be gone from County at any moment. Check out his post match interview after the defeat at Peterborough, it was embarrassing to say the least and as bad if not worse than any he gave here when struggling 1st time around.

Reckon he could be out this week...would we have him back?....I certainly wouldn't want him to return!

Unlike Shez who could be gone from County at any moment. Check out his post match interview after the defeat at Peterborough, it was embarrassing to say the least and as bad if not worse than any he gave here when struggling 1st time around.

Reckon he could be out this week...would we have him back?....I certainly wouldn't want him to return!

If the opportunity to take him back in January arose then I'd be 100% for it.

Although looking at their forum it certainly isn't unanimous that the fans want him out. The takeover that was due to happen when he took over hasn't happened until the last week, meaning that there's been winding up orders, players not being paid and talk of administration. I think their fans are desperate for stability after sacking lots of managers over the last few years, so they're willing to give Shez time to sort things out under the new regime.

Are you joking? Robbo out, Shez in? Yep, I'd bite your :censored:ing hand off.