Southend game

Like many comments on this today, I seemed to be resigned to the fact that we were going to lose and was looking at my watch for the minute to leave the ground and try and make the most of the Saturday I had remaining. All of them were shocking today only slight positives were Croft & Winchester for 10 minutes after the break, but what is the point in them both as "professional" footballers if they have only got 45 mins tops in them? Looks as if Reckord is the only one of the debacle at Lincoln who to quote Robinson "will never play for me again", well I would love to hear why Ladapo, Burgess Green, Erwin & Banks arn't in that category because they are woeful, long struggle ahead and resigned but ultimately if im honest not arsed that ill be traipsing my arse to Barnet next year

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, that's the last home game for me this season. I've got far, far better things to do with my Saturdays than watch this shower. I've got a recipe for a really ripping lentil soup I want to try out for instance, and could do with clipping my toe nails

Also we're going down, absolutely no doubt about it this season

It saddens me to see the club I have supported since 1970 dying slowly but surely.Where is the passion,fight from this bunch of misfits?

Always been a season ticket holder and watched most away games as well but I am sick of watching this :censored:e each week with gutless performances and feel so sorry for our loyal hardcore fans whose loyalty is being eroded.It is like dying a slow death with no signs of a recovery.

I know Burgess couldn't find a pass and Banks dithered but enough chances and attacks were started to have made winning possible. It is just that it all comes to nothing. A superb cross from Winchester just begging to be converted but after that run he looked like he was playing extra time - our two best players on the day are not fit enough to start.

I can't stand much more of this! Four home games in January!

Was it the 1st misplaced 5 yard pass. Or the 5th in a row?

Really, i didn't hear much if any and sit in the Main Stand(North stand). I get the feeeling most of us that turn up just turn up because something inside us makes us. Not many actually have any real passion left for Oldham Athletic i would suggest. It seems like the majority of our fans are past caring now, and who can blame them.

I was thinking on the drive home how my enthusiasm is just slowly disappearing. I used to look at the phone at 2pm pressing refresh until the team sheet came out and then debate with my lad about who was playing and formation etc...now I don't care, apart from Ripley and Clarke they're all much the same level of :censored:e.

Also when you think about recent teams we had players that have gone on to play at a higher level, players that excited you, I'm not going back far for example Tarky, Grounds, Kieron Lee, Matt Smith, Korey Smith, Matt Palmer, Jose Baxter, Gary Harkins and so on...you look at the players now and they are completely devoid of talent, some of them can't even pass a :censored:ing ball!

I have no affiliation with these players or the management team. I only go to games out of blind loyalty and cos I enjoy a couple of pints on a Saturday afternoon, taking my lad to the game and meeting fellow Oldham fans for a chat, invariably about how :censored: we are and of times gone by. The actual game itself is a predictable dire sideshow of inept clueless clowns who are stealing a living as footballers.

See you all at Bramhall Lane!

they're all much the same level of :censored:e

That's the problem.

There aren't any obvious "drop him and play him instead" options that improve us.

Edmondsen for Burgess is guesswork.

Brian Wilson at left back is shoehorning somebody out of position.

Osei has looked a bit aimless to me.

And the Fane / Green / Banks / Winchester choice for central midfield is, frankly, awful.

This thread must be the most cohesive ever,everyone on the same sad page.

Going to Bramhall Lane on Boxing Day,Why? Suppose because always go to football on Boxing Day, much the same as most Saturday's.

My 2 memories of this game:

Failure to win one 50:50 ball,unforgivable for a professional team whatever the tactics.

Winchester creating a superb chance then being so knackered after that he was another passenger on the sinking ship.

Failure to win one 50:50 ball,unforgivable for a professional team whatever the tactics.

I enjoyed Croft, already on a yellow, absolutely thundering into a 50/50 with their player showing Banks how to tackle after he'd just pulled his foot out of about the 20th one he could have gone in for.

Also the referee and linesman should be rested for a few games just off the goal kick they gave us in 1st few minutes after the biggest deflection I've ever seen out for a corner off Clarke's block. Ridiculous

I enjoyed Croft, already on a yellow, absolutely thundering into a 50/50 with their player showing Banks how to tackle after he'd just pulled his foot out of about the 20th one he could have gone in for.

Also the referee and linesman should be rested for a few games just off the goal kick they gave us in 1st few minutes after the biggest deflection I've ever seen out for a corner off Clarke's block. Ridiculous

Did he win the 50:50?

I must have dozed off by then

Where's the bloody oomph gone out this lot?

I don't remember a shot in the first half at all, early season I remember them having a go and I thought maybe a team of underdogs who have some thing to prove, they were fighting for the ball there hands out showing each other that I want the ball over here, or there.

The only passion I saw was winny get booked for having a hissy fit...ye gods...

You know I don't care if we let 6 in next week as long as bloody well score. It says a lot that your praying your captain and higher goalscorer is the only bloody threat with his head and he was close again yesterday too.

All week of shooting practice, if anyone gets near the penalty box you bloody shoot...hope to get rebound and welly it in. Then again we could string three passes together yesterday to get out of our own half either.

Echo that winny and crofty showed the only glimmer of hope....and whatever the reasons at eh moment they are impact players.

Christ if this embargo is not lifted or no free agents to get it in too, we are well and truely in it

It's like watching a team of brainless sloths in treacle... Winchester and Croft did make a positive impact, but the managerial failings are that they still can't play an entire game of football. Professional footballers that can't play an entire game?

Why are the "strikers" called strikers if they don't strike? - or jump - or win a 50/50 or even a 75/25 in their favour. We don't really play to their strengths, although what they are no one knows.

Green is injured or past it and Banks, whilst he can pass the ball is thick with no tackling ability.

Clarke is decent, Ripley is decent, Flynn could be good if more central but can't be bothered on the wing.

Not sure how we are set up to attack if at all, full back leg it to the halfway line, realise that you're not allowed to go forward, pass it to a CB, over or underhit it long to inadequately sized forward, hope they don't score and repeat.

Just a defence of the ref and linesman on that one, he gave offside, I dont think it would be possible to miss the deflection.