Sheffield United

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Much better performance that, players looked like they wanted the ball and were willing to try a pass or a run. The result was about fair but we turned up

First half I would agree with that. Second half only one team wanted it. Green was blowing out of his arse after 50 same with osei changed it far to late. Thought Brian Wilson was superb today.

First half I would agree with that. Second half only one team wanted it. Green was blowing out of his arse after 50 same with osei changed it far to late. Thought Brian Wilson was superb today.

Agree about Wilson. There is a school of thought (OK, my wife) which thinks Robbo doesn't like the players he didn't sign. It's pretty bizarre that B-Wils hasn't been close to a start all season

How did we line up?

I was confused by starting XI!

3-5-2

Clarke Wilson dunne

Dummigan law green Flynn McLaughlin

Osei McKay

We looked good in patches and matched them first half. Didn't create much.

Osei should have come off earlier as he was knackered.

Dunne was my motm closely followed by Wilson. Flynn had a decent game along with law. Strikers were busy but struggled with negative and lack of support second half.

Green seemed to struggle again. I'd try same team maybe with Fane for green

Edited by oldhamoafc

Son went, said Osei was terrible, no end product. Robinson says in his interview how well Osei played. Given the other stuff SR comes out with I prefer to believe my son. But you can't expect much from a player playing a couple of games above his previous level. (Except a saving on wages)

Son went, said Osei was terrible, no end product. Robinson says in his interview how well Osei played. Given the other stuff SR comes out with I prefer to believe my son. But you can't expect much from a player playing a couple of games above his previous level. (Except a saving on wages)

Your son is a bit harsh. His touch let him down a couple of times but his movement and willingness to show for the ball did a lot to keep the game in their half

Had osei been replaced by croft at around 55 mins he would have done well.. as it was he wasn't. We matched them for around an hour... Had we have taken one of our first half chances it could have been different.. o am under no illusions that they didn't really turn up first half and we did.

Is it Osei's fault he's out on his feet and the manager can't see it?

Not Osei's fault, either;

1). The manager has little faith in his subs.

2). Osei's attached GPS tracking system was defective.

Edited by BP1960

Guest nonaenever

First half was good. For the first half hour Osei used his strength and pace to good effect and linked well with Mckay. We actually had a decent Sheffield side running backwards defensively quite regularly - oh what a joy to see.

Then there was the second half. We tired visibly - as a team and certain individuals (Osei & Green particularly) and they started to assert themselves. Once again, it was obvious to a blind man with a stick that we needed some fresh legs before they broke the deadlock. Unfortunately our manager has 20/20 vision and did not see what the blind man could see. Not saying we would have necessarily got anything from the game if we had introduced 2 subs before they scored - but we would certainly have given ourselves a fighting chance of a point. The difference in fitness levels between the 2 teams for the last half hour was quite alarming.

Bottom line ; we didn't really look like scoring, which won't come as a surprise to anyone.

To be fair, their manager said on radio Sheffield that we looked like a completely different side to the one he had witnessed ("in front of 3,000 fans" his quote) play without any semblance of fight against Southend. He thought first half we were very good and that bringing Leon Clarke on second half changed the game in their favour (which is probably true as they played much higher up the pitch after that).

A particular shout for Brian Wilson - very, very good today.

If we are being critical Ripley cost us both goals for not being assertive enough in the build up to the 1st and strong enough for the 2nd. He's been one of the shining lights though so can be allowed an off day.

It's blindingly obvious our toothless final third is going to cause our relegation.

We actually played alright until we got into their final third.

McKay & Osei tried but they won't cut. I'd happily not see Erwin & Ladapo again too.

Not sure what your son was watching but Osei put more of a shift in than any striker of ours this season. Couple of games starting in a row and we could have a decent player. His awareness of players and the tempo catch him out at times but that will come with games. Osei ran his heart out. Won more headers than all our strikers combined this season. Would love to watch him start everyweek instead of our :censored: loan strikers. Brian Wilson also looked a million times better than burgess today. Maybe a sign burgess maybe going back

First half was good. For the first half hour Osei used his strength and pace to good effect and linked well with Mckay. We actually had a decent Sheffield side running backwards defensively quite regularly - oh what a joy to see.

Then there was the second half. We tired visibly - as a team and certain individuals (Osei & Green particularly) and they started to assert themselves. Once again, it was obvious to a blind man with a stick that we needed some fresh legs before they broke the deadlock. Unfortunately our manager has 20/20 vision and did not see what the blind man could see. Not saying we would have necessarily got anything from the game if we had introduced 2 subs before they scored - but we would certainly have given ourselves a fighting chance of a point. The difference in fitness levels between the 2 teams for the last half hour was quite alarming.

Bottom line ; we didn't really look like scoring, which won't come as a surprise to anyone.

To be fair, their manager said on radio Sheffield that we looked like a completely different side to the one he had witnessed ("in front of 3,000 fans" his quote) play without any semblance of fight against Southend. He thought first half we were very good and that bringing Leon Clarke on second half changed the game in their favour (which is probably true as they played much higher up the pitch after that).

A particular shout for Brian Wilson - very, very good today.

" the difference in the level was fitness was alarming" I find that after walking the dog I am fresher than the dog. That is because I stand still and throw the ball and he chases it at full tilt then gives it straight back to me again to have another throw. .....Latics are the dog in the analogy!

3-5-2

Clarke Wilson dunne

Dummigan law green Flynn McLaughlin

Osei McKay

We looked good in patches and matched them first half. Didn't create much.

Osei should have come off earlier as he was knackered.

Dunne was my motm closely followed by Wilson. Flynn had a decent game along with law. Strikers were busy but struggled with negative and lack of support second half.

Green seemed to struggle again. I'd try same team maybe with Fane for green

How did McLaughlin and Law do playing out of their normal position?

I'm not a big fan of Fane but I agree that he could balance out that midfield.

With two good strikers I could see that formation doing pretty well.

How did McLaughlin and Law do playing out of their normal position?

I'm not a big fan of Fane but I agree that he could balance out that midfield.

With two good strikers I could see that formation doing pretty well.

Law was fine centrally.

McLaughlin was awful bar one cross-shot first half. For me he plays on the right or we don't bother.

To make a team we need:

Left back

Central midfielder

Left winger

Strikers