Sheffield United

Worrying and likely to be true.

Leading us towards relegation isn't the thing that I hold against him, we're heading that way anyway sooner or later. The lack of goals and attacking strategy is the most galling thing.

In August it was the right thing to do setting the team up in a defence-first way. But he clearly hasn't had any idea for getting us scoring regularly.

I posted before Oxford that it was a 'guaranteed plucky draw or win, then a handful of tame losses after': we're disgustingly predictable.

As yarddogs says, two away draws aren't bad necessarily, but when you're as poor at home as we are, they're simply not adequate. We have to be winning most of our away games, some of which I'd never have expected anything from in the first place.

Therefore Robinson is piling pressure on himself with the record we have. The brief for any new manager should be to have a respectable home record and give the fans some entertainment - it will be reciprocated with patience more times than not, especially when they've built a squad in difficult conditions. He's unprecedently, emphatically failed at that. I have little sympathy for him, which is some going with what he inherited.

He has to improve or go asap - he's killing off a hefty chunk of an already diminished fanbase, and the value of those supporters is far higher than the value of his contract. His tenure has been the definition of kamikaze.

Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory comes to mind...

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Goals....that's what we need minimum to lift the bloody spirits. I don't care if we let 6 in TBH...

I am resigned to the fact we ain't going to get much over the festive seasons....but bloody hell can we at least find the back of the onion bag for the poor sods that are going to venture to games home and away.

I wanna see some poor sod in a blue shirt actually running at defenders, putting them on the back foot, I would love to see some crosses whipped in like the one that winny did last Saturday that left him blowing out of his ass for the rest of the game....ooooh for a Roger palmer esque slide in from the half way line just to get a toe on the end of that one would have been sublime...even forte would have gotten on the end of that screamer

I am starved of attacking football....honestly games are merging where I don't remember any shots regardless if on or off target in the first half alone of most matches.

Says a lot when your on your feet thinking that your captain is your only hope to head the ball in.

Please footy gods...give us a goal....

Guest nonaenever

Despite a promise to myself - I`m going to Sheffield. My dad and uncle used to take me on the huge Rochdale Road open terracing from aged 4 - and from then on, it's in your blood and it's a very hard habit to break. Boy, though, this team is coming very, very close to breaking my habit of a lifetime (and seems like it already has for many others).

On a scale of Chelsea against Barca, to Faroe Islands against anybody, how defensive will we set up for this match?

If Faroe Islands is 10 then I would say 9 but it's a strategy I'm happy for us to take at Bramhall Lane.

Like you say it's games like last Saturday, bread and butter home league games where we don't look remotely like scoring are what is going to take us down and cost him his Job and our status in league 1.

Edited by GlossopLatic

I think those of us that have a keen interest in the glorious sport of national hunt racing should make a concerted effort to hijack every thread and talk about that instead.

Long odds on shot that someone will pop up in a moment to tell us that it's all a fix etc. which will be ironic given that it will clearly come from a follower of what is far and away the most corrupt sport n the planet given that pretty much every professional participant cheats in every single game they play in.

More chance of seeing a goal at the races, look at the result of the 3.10 at Ludlow......

Its the only thread that hasn't descended into the same petty argumentative :censored:, i reckon we keep it going. What about the Christmas hurdle?

The New One is the class horse in the field, but would you bet against Mullins and Vroum Vroum Mag, any slip with either of these and King's horse will be waiting to pounce. It makes more of a no brainer giving Sheffield a miss.

With Coneygree out and Douvan not stepping up to 3 miles, it is a very poor renewal of the King George excepting the Tizzard horses.

Since Cue Card stopped to a halt when beaten by Silviano Conti in the King George and had a breathing operation he has finished all his races strongly.

Thistlecrack could have won 4 World Hurdles like Big Bucks , but now has a 50-50 chance of winning a King George due to the poor field.

Vroun Vroum Mag will hack up in the Christmas Hurdle as The New One jumps right at every hurdle.

And Latics will continue along the road to oblivion ...........

If I can bring this thread back on topic please, can you keep backing Thistlecrack please, Cue Card is drifting all the time and I want to maximise my returns - cheers :)

On a side note there's a couple of dogs I fancy today running at Perry Barr.

2.47 Trap 1

4.47 Trap 2

Let's see how my luck is pre Boxing Day.