Sheffield United

What team do you go for?

Never thought I'd be saying it, but with Klok back does he get a go? It's reaching that stage. I'm struggling to think of eleven players who deserve to play.

Fane back in. Green surely out. Ladapo out (please God) and five in midfield.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest nonaenever

Isn't Fane still suspended?

Not bothering going. Can't believe I`m not bothering to go to a roses derby on Boxing Day but I suspect I am not alone. This pathetic shambles of a souless side has finally broken me.

Isn't Fane still suspended?

Not bothering going. Can't believe I`m not bothering to go to a roses derby on Boxing Day but I suspect I am not alone. This pathetic shambles of a souless side has finally broken me.

I'm not either. Wouldn't dreamed of missing this fixture before the season. I'd be amazed if we took more than 400.

Wouldn't usually have gone there expecting anything, but it genuinely feels like a waste going to watch this lot. Might as well be Forest Green such is how little I care about them.

:censored: it:

Ripley

Dummigan

Clarke

Wilson

McLaughlin

Croft

Fane (or Winchester if suspended)

Jahraldo-Martin

Mckay

Osei

Erwin

Goals goals goals! 10-5 defeat.

I kinda like the ambition, but assuming Fane is out that midfield is basically meringue. Should provide entertainment for at least half the spectators, though.

Thistlecrack for me, if he definitely runs.

Have to agree, the horse oozes class, he hasn't been put under too much pressure to date but going with the big boys might just find a chink in his armour.

After a game of golf Boxing day morning I will be watching this with leftovers and a beer, can't be arsed traipsing to Sheffield.

Guest nonaenever

I know it's all about opinion but it surprises me how Mckay still seems to feature in a lot of people's thoughts. He hasn't scored a league goal all season - and looks like a lightweight whenever I`ve seen him. Throw the youngster, Glackin in for me, alongside Osei for a few games. What have we got to lose? Didn't someone once say the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result?

Have to agree, the horse oozes class, he hasn't been put under too much pressure to date but going with the big boys might just find a chink in his armour.

After a game of golf Boxing day morning I will be watching this with leftovers and a beer, can't be arsed traipsing to Sheffield.

I think it all depends on his Thistlecrack's jumping, like you say pressure will be applied for sure, if his jumping holds up he is the best horse in the race.

Either way it's what i will be watching on Boxing Day.

I know it's all about opinion but it surprises me how Mckay still seems to feature in a lot of people's thoughts. He hasn't scored a league goal all season - and looks like a lightweight whenever I`ve seen him. Throw the youngster, Glackin in for me, alongside Osei for a few games. What have we got to lose? Didn't someone once say the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result?

Isn't the general consensus (I think Lee Sinnott and a couple of others have said ) that Glackin is miles away from professional football, despite doing well in the u18s. Same with Osei - a kid who has played 6 months of non-league football is unlikely to be able to lead the line for us. Mckay is the best of a properly terrible bunch, just because of his pressing and what not. I had hopes for Erwin, but he's gone totally :censored:, and wouldn't be upset at all if we sent him back in Jan.

Probably because he's the only one that could do a semi good job of playing upfront on his own

Ripley

Law

Clarke

Wilson (he will play burgess)

Dummigan

McLaughlin

klok (he will play green)

Winchester

Banks

Flynn

Mckay

That's a smart and pragmatic team that might get us a point.

My team was kind of tongue-in-cheek but this season doesn't really have any redeeming features anymore so rather than sit back and meekly pick up the odd point, I'd want to see us going down swinging.

Of course Robinson will play for the odd point.

What team do you go for?

Never thought I'd be saying it, but with Klok back does he get a go? It's reaching that stage. I'm struggling to think of eleven players who deserve to play.

Fane back in. Green surely out. Ladapo out (please God) and five in midfield.

I'd go for Ripley, then Clarke and, after that, what the :censored: does it matter?

Anyone backing Thistlecrack at 6/4 against Cue Card at 6/4 needs their head testing, novice chaser against the best horse in training is a no brainer, Thistlecrack has beaten trees in his races so far and although he may well go on to better things this season's is Cue Cards.

Isn't the general consensus (I think Lee Sinnott and a couple of others have said ) that Glackin is miles away from professional football, despite doing well in the u18s. Same with Osei - a kid who has played 6 months of non-league football is unlikely to be able to lead the line for us. Mckay is the best of a properly terrible bunch, just because of his pressing and what not. I had hopes for Erwin, but he's gone totally :censored:, and wouldn't be upset at all if we sent him back in Jan.

Not my opinion. I'd chuck Glackin straight in. Can't be any worse. But someone I know quite well works quite closely with him and thinks he's quite far off being ready.

I'd stick a few of the youth lads in. If we're going to be bottom of the League, I'd rather see us bottom of the League with our youngsters instead of the youngsters of Leeds United, Fulham, Wigan Athletic. We'd be able to relate to them a lot more as we would look at them as being "one of our own"...

Edited by Lee Sinnott

Anyone backing Thistlecrack at 6/4 against Cue Card at 6/4 needs their head testing, novice chaser against the best horse in training is a no brainer, Thistlecrack has beaten trees in his races so far and although he may well go on to better things this season's is Cue Cards.

Ladbrokes are doing a free bet offer if Cue Card wins.