Sheffield United

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not my opinion. I'd chuck Glackin straight in. Can't be any worse. But someone I know quite well works quite closely with him and thinks he's quite far off being ready.

I'd stick a few of the youth lads in. If we're going to be bottom of the League, I'd rather see us bottom of the League with our youngsters instead of the youngsters of Leeds United, Fulham, Wigan Athletic. We'd be able to relate to them a lot more as we would look at them as being "one of our own"...

It simply has to happen.

Mckay doesn't deserve a place, nor does Ladapo or Erwin.

Osei and Glackin have to play, or we put somebody who wouldn't identify as a striker up front.

Anyone backing Thistlecrack at 6/4 against Cue Card at 6/4 needs their head testing, novice chaser against the best horse in training is a no brainer, Thistlecrack has beaten trees in his races so far and although he may well go on to better things this season's is Cue Cards.

Cue card will be flying come March, Thistlecrack could have his day in December.

Massive jump for a youth striker to our first team, put him up against Clarke and he'd get destroyed, he's looked lost when stepped up on the couple of occasions I've seen him and he's just not ready, Osei is a different beast but even he seems to have had any attacking intent coached out of him, I'd still give him a go as a lone front man and pack the midfield, Edmondson has to be a starter in the new year or we may as well get rid of the youth team as we favour developing other clubs youngsters, it's false economy though and we lose out every which way.

As for Banks he's no heart or desire, you wouldn't want him in the trenches with you that's for sure. Anyone whose more bothered about their hair than putting their foot in should have their contract terminated with immediate effect.

Ability counts for :censored: all if you don't put the graft in.

As for Banks he's no heart or desire, you wouldn't want him in the trenches with you that's for sure. Anyone whose more bothered about their hair than putting their foot in should have their contract terminated with immediate effect.

But Banks is still 1000 times better than Fane will be according to Newblue!,

We will see.lol

He's one of the few with the courage to ask for the ball, even when we're playing badly.

He's no bruiser but he's got bigger bollocks to take responsibility than the other 85%.

Sorry but he's a wet lettuce, granted he wants to take every free kick and dead ball but you just can't carry a player who doesn't get involved, he actively avoids challenges, he is often found in no man's land doing balls all, he can pass a ball at times but what else does he genuinely offer, nothing is the answer he's a liability the same as Green and I've said it for weeks they are the real problem with our team, Banks and Green both look like their legs have gone and are simply not upto it.

It simply has to happen.

Mckay doesn't deserve a place, nor does Ladapo or Erwin.

Osei and Glackin have to play, or we put somebody who wouldn't identify as a striker up front.

Reckord to create havoc?

Edited by BP1960

Anyone backing Thistlecrack at 6/4 against Cue Card at 6/4 needs their head testing, novice chaser against the best horse in training is a no brainer, Thistlecrack has beaten trees in his races so far and although he may well go on to better things this season's is Cue Cards.

Thistlecrack is rated 23 pounds superior to Cue Card over hurdles (174 to 151), although I appreciate that Cue Card is a better horse over fences than hurdles, there is no reason to think Thistlecrack wont be a better horse over fences too (the early indications are very good).

I think in the fullness of time Thistlecrack will prove superior to Cue Card over fences as well. (I suspect the Tizzard's think so).

Cue card is not officially the best horse in training as at 174 there are several rated higher, Don Cossack 177 (last years Gold Cup winner) is one.

I agree that the King George will be a very stern test of Thistlecrack's jumping, but he has the class to go right to the very top over fences as he was over hurdles.

Thistlecrack is rated 23 pounds superior to Cue Card over hurdles (174 to 151), although I appreciate that Cue Card is a better horse over fences than hurdles, there is no reason to think Thistlecrack wont be a better horse over fences too (the early indications are very good).

I think in the fullness of time Thistlecrack will prove superior to Cue Card over fences as well. (I suspect the Tizzard's think so).

Cue card is not officially the best horse in training as at 174 there are several rated higher, Don Cossack 177 (last years Gold Cup winner) is one.

I agree that the King George will be a very stern test of Thistlecrack's jumping, but he has the class to go right to the very top over fences as he was over hurdles.

Are we signing one or both ? Wtf has :censored:ty horse racing got to do with OAFC ?

Although looking at respective hurdles ratings is a lucrative way of looking at novice chasers I'm not sure it has much relevance to top class seasoned chasers. Anyway, I'll be there; a race to savour.