177 members have voted

1. 1. Yes or No

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shez was magical for us last season but . . .

He's just been sacked for taking Notts County on a Club Record 9 match defeated in every game run :sign0007:

LJ went on a similar run at Barnsley. before they beat us, and progressed up the league before winning the FLT and snatching a play-off spot.

ljs new age approach to management makes some people consider him a better manager than the old school approach Sheridan takes.

Both are effective in there own ways but only Johnson will get a crack at the big time such the way footy is these days

Edited by philliggi

It is if players we are after sign for other clubs before the 12th of Jan. We will be back to where we were at the start of the season picking up the dregs that others don't want. I would say it is a massive issue.

Follows our trend..they will be cheaper then.

I also did a poll on Twitter that had exactly 100 votes. 55% in favour on that one.

While I want and voted for Shez to come back I feel if the poll was ,,,,Robinson yes/no then it was be a lot different.Some will see Shez as a mercenary so would not want him back.

Surely we can find an experienced manager to replace Robinson.May be academic and too late now if he will not walk and can't buy him off

He got us to a top 6 position in this league ( before the Chedgate affair self destruct )

No mean feat that with the money available :rolleyes:

Did we actually get into the top six? I remember we were thereabouts but didn't think we got into the playoff spots at any point.

Did we actually get into the top six? I remember we were thereabouts but didn't think we got into the playoff spots at any point.

Weren't we after beating Rochdale 3-0 at Scotland, cos they were in the last play off spot before that?

There was a runaway top 4 of Bristol, PNE, MK and Swindon and we were fifth at one point.

Edit: quick check says on December 1st after 19 games we were 6th

Edited by NewBlue

Not quite the guaranteed goal machine his fanboys proclaimed him as then...

Am pretty certain if you spent a number of years away from your job it would be difficult for you to return doing the same job at a new company and picking up where you left off.

Give it another 12 months he will be banging them in for someone.

We went up to 5th when we beat Swindon on a Tuesday in February...

Weren't we after beating Rochdale 3-0 at Scotland, cos they were in the last play off spot before that?

There was a runaway top 4 of Bristol, PNE, MK and Swindon and we were fifth at one point.

Edit: quick check says on December 1st after 19 games we were 6th

Cheers.

Johnson has achieved nothing as a manager.

I wouldn't say that. He has made a name for himself and he is 17 years younger that Sheridan, managing in the Championship at the age of 35.

If I was pushed I'd say he will achieve more than Sheridan does in their respective careers. You could argue he already has having spent a full season in the Championship at a club bigger than Sheridan will ever manage. With any luck that run in the championship will end this season one way or another....

Edited by kowenicki

I wouldn't say that. He has made a name for himself and he is 17 years younger that Sheridan, managing in the Championship at the age of 35.

If I was pushed I'd say he will achieve more than Sheridan does in their respective careers. You could argue he already has having spent a full season in the Championship at a club bigger than Sheridan will ever manage. With any luck that run in the championship will end this season one way or another....

Could it be argued Plymouth and Bristol City are pretty similar sized clubs?