177 members have voted

1. 1. Yes or No

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd take Shez back, but ultimately the biggest concern is up front. To everyone asking why do people think we're doomed when we're only 3 points off safety, I would sum it up in two sentences, ones I don't ever recall having said before at this time of year....

4 goals at home so far this season!

3 wins, one of which a 0-1 thanks to a Bury own goal!

We drew because we have inept strikers, who are getting replaced

As for the performances, I'd get rid soon if results don't pick up after we bring in a few, but that showed promise today

As I said in a previous thread. I thought we turned a corner against Scunthorpe... yet we've barely scored a goal since.

Everyone getting happy that we got a point against a very very average team. (Who could have even nicked it themself)

Also inept strikers who are his choice? Can you trust him to sign more and get this team going enough to keep us up? I don't.

Edited by oldhamoafc

As I said in a previous thread. I thought we turned a corner against Scunthorpe... yet we've barely scored a goal since.

Everyone getting happy that we got a point against a very very average team. (Who could have even nicked it themself)

Also inept strikers who are his choice? Can you trust him to sign more and get this team going enough to keep us up? I don't.

I'm not happy we got a point, I'm happy with the performance. It was a 3/4-0 performance in truth. Whether we turn the corner, I don't know, but there have been more convincing times to sack him than this week. Realistically then I doubt he'll go.

As for the choice of strikers, I don't doubt there's a big portion of blame that goes his way for their lack of goals. I won't be critical of his personnel under the circumstances he faced and I therefore don't think we can really judge his recruitment.

He's on a tightrope with me as well, but I veer towards give the man a chance. That's not to say I don't see the arguments for getting rid - I do. Lack of confidence has become so entrenched I think we just need a freshen up of the side; see what comes of it before we make a change.

We drew because we have inept strikers, who are getting replaced

As for the performances, I'd get rid soon if results don't pick up after we bring in a few, but that showed promise today

I'm in agreement. Once we've got the players, if it doesn't pick up then it would be best to get rid. However, I do like Robbo, and the performance today was far better than anything else I've seen this season. It would be premature to fire him just yet.

The manager isn't the problem here: It's the lack of a solid finish for the squad. The framework is down as was shown today, we just need those last few pieces.

Why? Forget last season. Why is that the case now? It's a very different situation.

This time 12 months ago we were staring relegation in the face after making a number of bad decisions in pre season. We still hadn't finished the stand and we were struggling to pay the players on time.

How is that a very different situation from last season it couldn't be more similar. Like last season we get a new manager in now and sign 4-5 of the right signings and we will stay up.

100% no he would :censored: on us again in a heart beat

He hardly shat on us. Nobody knows the exact details of his departure but like other people have said. If he moved for double his salary then fair play to him. Wasn't big money when he was playing so he won't be rolling in it now.

He left early and we had more than enough time to bring someone in to replace him but our owner and board chose to sit there and do nothing until the very last minute.

He hasn't "shat" on us.

Bring him back and we have a better chance of staying up. Simple as that. Also much better philosophy as he will go all out attack. Who here doesn't want to watch attacking football instead of what's been on offer all season?

Because it isn't relevant. Totally different situation. Only one or two of the same players for a start.

Why has he failed at NCFC? Dismally failed.

Getting lucky last year with Palmer and Main was a massive factor imo. As was Shirtliff.

Haha he got 'lucky' identifying players and coaches he thought could get us out of the mess we were in? Jesus I would hate to be your boss!

I'm indifferent to bringing him back, I think we will go down sooner or later regardless, if not by another miracle this season. But Sheridan deserves all the credit he got in relation to how he saved us last season.

I understand people's anger at how he left us, until we know all the facts there will always be peoplenon both sides of the camp.

Edited by Blue_Guru

Also much better philosophy as he will go all out attack. Who here doesn't want to watch attacking football instead of what's been on offer all season?

Where is the evidence to suggest that....he ground out the results necessary to keep us up with one or two astute loan deals but it was hardly free flowing attacking football.

It would be a massive gamble bringing him back again and one that could turn sour very quickly!

Would sell my organs to get LJ back

I don't really know if I want Robbo sacked, embargo date has been pushed back further I'm told and most loanees will be returning.

If, when the embargo is lifted, Robinson can produce performances like that week in week out and get a striker in then hopefully we can steer ourselfs away from this mess.

I honestly never thought this one would be so divisive - if it's going to be that way - don't bother trying to get Shez back, we don't need even more division amongst the fans. Kowenicki - to answer your question to Glossop - his track record with us is very good - that should (have) counted for a lot.

No worries - think I`ll give up on here now (I`m sure some must be Rochdale fans in disguise) - I`ll just go back to watching games but I will wager this. If Robbo stays - we go down.

The trouble is, by the very definition and the way votes in two polls are going 50/50, if it's going to be divisive to bring him back it is equally going be divisive not to.

I'm really torn, only because I am not sure Shez could repeat the same trick.

It is a huge gamble.

If most of the squad were the same, it would be a no brainer, but it is all but a completely new squad.

What's difficult is that Sheridan had a legendary aura about him first time which we rallied around. When he came out of the tunnel at Bradford it was a special atmosphere. Now, he's just another manager to many. Say we do sack Robbo, there are other managers on the market - why should Sheridan supercede Justin Edinburgh, Tony Mowbray, Gary Caldwell, Hasselbank, maybe even Lee Johnson (he'll get something better than us)?

We're not in dire straits just quite yet, when we were last season.