Taylor Signs

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's obviously a different player 5 years after he left, but he's still good at driving us forward, which he did a number of times yesterday, and he's making clever runs, and makes us so much more balanced than when we had McLaughlin/Flynn out there. Had Tope looked up once or twice yesterday, he'd have found Taylor in acres.

Having said that, he was goosed yesterday, and should have come off. The 30 seconds before he fouled for penalty number 1, he had his hands on his hips and was shattered - as were most of the midfield after running in a swamp for 90 mins.

Shez could offer intelligence, but it doesn't mean he can play anymore, past reputations count for nothing it's what they do now is what counts IMO. Remember the likes of Ricketts, Fuller and Kabba.

I would say if Taylor doesn't offer more Shez will have no qualms about leaving him out.

If he does improve I'll be the first to congratulate him.

Shez would probably still be able to run the show at this level.

As for Taylor, amidst the utter :censored: that has been this season, I find it surprising he should be singled out for criticism. I can only assume it's on the basis that he hasn't had the massive impact which might have been expected.

Our support baffles me. Some fantastic passion v some strange la la land lets look at who we can stick the boot in next. Taylor improves the team, will get fitter with games he hasnt had this season, hope he stays next year but wouldn't be surprised if he looks elsewhere. Yes he's five years older aren't we all. Stop with the self indulgent moaning about individual players for bizarre reasons. You might just enjoy the football more. A point yesterday considering Millwall's cup exploits full of confidence was a good point. Still far from safe and need some luck in front of goal. But slagging Taylor is a strange one. He will give 100% for latics to end of season.

I say it as I see it, Shez remarked he was not happy with the last 20 minutes when Taylor among others contributed little, even giving away a penalty at that stage.

It cannot be said he lacks match fitness now surely.

I have said before, but no one cares to listen, if he improves I will give him due credit

I find that Taylor makes lots of runs and creates space for himself but the ball rarely arrives. The right side sees the ball the majority of the time especially when Banks is playing.

He loves to play it wide right no matter what. He will look to find the fullback or winger on the right often and will turn back that way because its more comfortable for him as he can inswing the pass.

He never finds Taylor and rarely finds the Hunt unless closed in to a position of having no choice.

I cant believe we have him for years and apparently on very good money!!! Can deliver a corner but better needed if in league1 next season.

Think peoples expectations of Taylor were probably too high hence some disappointment , also think some on here would slag him off even if he scored a hatrick.

Taylor holds the ball up well and makes some great runs without it (mostly unseen).

He's definitely not match fit to last a full 90 min yet but he will soon get upto speed. Has hardly played this season so understandable and a pitch like ours is extremely tiring especially when your chasing a lot of the time.

Shez will know all this and he will put it right and i am sure that he will be a major contributor to our survival this season.

Edited by losesome

Remember the likes of Ricketts, Fuller and Kabba.

I understand your views on Taylor and while I think he'll prove useful in our run in, I think he needs to show a bit more.

But that's no excuse for asking me to remember that Steve Kabba played for us. I thought I'd repressed that enough. Uncalled for.

We were all, well some of us, buzzing at the thought of a local hero returning immediately going off on the mazy runs we remember and scoring & making a few goals.

It's quickly become apparent he's a different player though who's changed his game massively.

While clearly not as exciting as he used to be he's a much tidier, cleverer player whose experience (Saturdays pen aside) should play a big part in us staying up.

I'm underwhelmed but he's been fine and should only get better.

Chronicle:

"I wanted to give Ryan Flynn a game," Sheridan said.

"Chris has played a lot of football after coming in and sometimes it's difficult."

That's what I, and plenty of other fans, figured.

Not that he's been spectacular or anything, otherwise he'd be undroppable. But I'd like to see him back in on Saturday.

Chronicle:

"I wanted to give Ryan Flynn a game," Sheridan said.

"Chris has played a lot of football after coming in and sometimes it's difficult."

That's what I, and plenty of other fans, figured.

Not that he's been spectacular or anything, otherwise he'd be undroppable. But I'd like to see him back in on Saturday.

He wouldn't say he'd dropped him would he?

Can't fault the lad for enthusiasm and he clearly loves the club, but I always thought he was over-rated. He must surely have learned something from his elevated experience, but expectations need to be realistic.

I am sure he will be an asset, but not a savior.

Now that even the racists like Ngoo I feel able to remember a spell a few weeks ago, Taylor was looking to make a run and wanted it played between two defenders into a central position. Set off, no pass. Set off again, no pass. Taylor points with both arms and quite possibly screams, "THEEEEERE." Gives up and goes to the wing.

Can't fault the lad for enthusiasm and he clearly loves the club, but I always thought he was over-rated. He must surely have learned something from his elevated experience, but expectations need to be realistic.
I am sure he will be an asset, but not a savior.

Do you even like football?

Because maybe he wasn't. Give up will you. We all get it, you don't like him

It's a social media sites,I won't give up just to suit you or anyone else, if you don't like what I say ignore it.

Mind you in that case there wouldn't be many left on here for you reply to.

Edited by BP1960

It's a social media sites,I won't give up just to suit you or anyone else, if you don't like what I say ignore it.

Mind you in that case there wouldn't be many left on here for you reply to.

Yes but you just keep saying you don't like Taylor, just in various ways. We all know you don't. BP DOESN'T LIKE CHRIS TAYLOR. HE DOESN'T THINK HE OFFERS ANYTHING. There you go, everyone heard it.

Aren't we missing the possibility that we arranged for most of the squad to punch him on the training ground at once and him taking a game out to recover, rather than carrying training ground punch related issues across the rest of the season?