Taylor Signs

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is what he always has been an intelligent and talented player at this level.

Would have been clean through three times in the second half with runs past the front man.

Fitness is still a work in progress but looks after the ball excellently.

Don't get the criticism at all...

It's all about opinions, he doesn't get involved enough for my liking.

It's all about opinions, he doesn't get involved enough for my liking.

Fair enough.

However clearly as we often have Green coming inside from the right both Hunt and Taylor have to stretch the pitch to allow us to work the ball when the play shifts left.

It looked to me like Shez had asked both fullbacks and wide players to stretch the pitch tactically (even Green) due to their size and physical presence today.

It also allowed space for O'Brien and Banks to get their foot on the ball centrally which worked well.

It was only when we lost our attacking threat that we lost our way.

I said I didn't boo him..I gave an opinion and it obviously upsets you your golden boy is not producing the goods.

JS won't put up with 'quiet' performances for long, he has eyes too.

Nah man. There's always one at the club you whinge and moan about. Taylor, barraclough, etc. It's dull.

I have plenty of them. You wouldn't like most of them.

It's just frustrating when you indulge in pettifogging. Like I said, dull.

I respect your opinions, just as anyone else's even if they differ from mine.

If you say Taylor is doing fine so be it.

Thought he looked sharper today and will make a difference quality wise but would have preferred fresh legs for last 15 minutes - for all his faults Green shows up many of the players in fitness terms.

Ripley apart I thought Green was MOTM and I'm his biggest sideways and backwards passing critic but credit where it's due...

Lots of respect for you BP but he's spent 4 years in the championship so he's offered something the pace isn't there but he offered intelligence today

Shez could offer intelligence, but it doesn't mean he can play anymore, past reputations count for nothing it's what they do now is what counts IMO. Remember the likes of Ricketts, Fuller and Kabba.

I would say if Taylor doesn't offer more Shez will have no qualms about leaving him out.

If he does improve I'll be the first to congratulate him.

Taylor played well for 65 minutes yesterday. The opinion that he needs to be dropped, which a small minority of fans have (and they're entitled to have) really does baffle me. He is always available, barring a misplaced pass towards the end never gives the ball away and still shows enough pace to get round his man. I'm not sure whether any neutral, who knew nothing about latics, would have put him near the bottom of the ratings in any of his 6 appearances thus far. Previous opinions, good or bad, are definitely in play here. Second half yesterday, the timing of his runs were excellent if only Tope and others had better awareness. We've been crying out to play better football in midfield all season, sign a homegrown lad who wants the ball and keeps it on the deck, moving it around and people moan - as I've said, I respect the views of others, however, I simply don't understand them.

Edited by eyres_28

Obviously have not seen him play live since his return and I already guessed he had lost some pace otherwise he would not be playing for us. Listening to the commentary since he has come back and watching the highlights it seems he is timing his runs and getting into unmarked scoring positions quite frequently but his team mates do not seem to have the vision to see him.

BP1960 I don't want to make you feel ganged up on but I have to disagree with you - have you thought that 'just' sticking out wide all the time waiting for the ball might be what Shez wants him to do and not just a lack of effort from Taylor to be involved constantly in the midfield quagmire?

And what are the other options we have to widen our game and open up the midfield to allow our central mids more room to move foreword - Croft?