Oxford (h)

Swindon effectively 8 points behind us, don't see them closing that gap down.

Port Vale are :censored:e.

League One 4 eva.

They play Chesterfield, Shrewsbury, MK, Wimbledon and Coventry in their next few games. That worries me. Although, they've got 4 remaining away matches, having won 1 all season.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Banks has also improved in the air recently and wins his share of flick ons as did Erwin last night, going back to Hunt my opinion is that he didn't feign injury but would others of carried on with the same knock - who knows, what I do know is scrapping it out on Boundary Park beach is something he's probably not used too.

Banks has also improved in the air recently and wins his share of flick ons as did Erwin last night, going back to Hunt my opinion is that he didn't feign injury but would others of carried on with the same knock - who knows, what I do know is scrapping it out on Boundary Park beach is something he's probably not used too.

Hunt was just returning after a hamstring injury so it was a risk to play him, especially if he is now out for can few weeks.

It was a risk which unfortunately didn't pay off.

Edited by BP1960

Gerrard did take a booking for Banks but then went on and gave Hunt a right bollocking which I thought was a little unfair, after that incident Hunt mysteriously started limping and I'm not really sure he has enough about him to put his body on the line in a relegation dogfight, for me despite his undoubted ability he needs to man up a bit.

Generally agree with you on most things but this lad definitely has what is required at full back. He's calm, positional very good and I haven't seen him shirk a tackle once....I think he's a great prospect. I think we may have rushed him back a little that's all.

The must win became a win and the performance against a team with a run of five away wins with hopes for the playoffs one of our best. The contrast from Saturday stark.

Missed both goals - must stop drinking Lees.

May of been a bit harsh on the lad :) I've no doubt he will go on and play at a much better level and didn't question his ability it was more his resolve, Gerrard and Clarke both looked to be carrying knocks last night but there was no way either would have come off but I suppose they are different beasts.

A lot of good performances last night but McLaughlin....that was a wonderful performance from him. Not only did he fight, graft and show bottle like Green and Wilson but he attacked and defended superbly. The cross for the goal...that was Beckham-eqsue. You can't defend it...while the amount of tracking back he did was incredible. He was the complete player last night and despite Erwins 2 goals was my MOTM.

Banks yet again put in a woeful performance...we really are carrying this guy. Every set piece was truly awful. Passing...terrible bar the 1 sideways pass that set off the move for the 2nd goal but it made up for him needlessly losing the ball in midfield that led to the penalty. What on earth was that hack/pass towards the main stand in the first half? Tackling...was non-existant bar his booking for a shocker. He loves to get infront of a player but never tackles them. That can be the ONLY thing his fan club see. Add to that (as Hometownclub said above) he got Gerrard booked when he was there and just let his man right past him causing Gerrard to react late and bring the man down. I don't know what Banks has to do to get dropped. Thankfully his teammates carried him through. He's not a boo-boy...he is just a player who really isn't very good. I've said it before...he looks involved in a lot but actually does very little. He's like that kid who gets to the playground fight after all the action has happened and everyone's walking off.

Moving forward, it would be nice to see Holloway get the goal he deserves now. Was thinking it was going to be one of them nights when he hit both his chances straight at their keeper (2nd chance was difficult) but that shot against the bar was tremendous (he fought hard to get that chance) and it was just reward that Erwin followed it up to score. Erwin did pretty much what he's been doing most of the season bar 2 things...it was much further up the pitch (Robbo v Shez tactics) and he actually finished his chances. Keep it up Lee!

Great win overall. Thought Oxford looked very dangerous and we could not go to sleep for a minute. Have to admit...it was one of the most tense finales to a game I've witnessed for a long long time. Mostly coz there wasn't enough chanting as a set of fans and there was a lot individual fans shouting out to do this or do that or cover this man etc. It heightened the sense of panic going on. Sheer relief at the final whistle.

I'd rather have a 5pt lead over someone with 3 games in hand than the other way round. Get something at London Road on Saturday and we are in a great position to win this current battle. Especially given my prediction that we'd stay up a point and we'd take 6pts from the last 4 games...we have taken 7pts from 4 games and having predicted a defeat at Posh then anything other will be a huge bonus.

Edited by boundaryblue80

The Erwin and Holloway partnership comes across very well on the highlights, central in making three clear chances last night

It makes you wonder why McKay and Erwin never worked, if the former's runs were as piercing as some thought...

Oh, please. It's a deliberate exaggeration that's in poor taste, it's not a death threat.

No different in tone from the tweet which caused such controversy recently. If you are saying such things are allowed on public message boards, and this is one impressionable children can access, your standards are low in my opinion.

I am surprised the moderaters on this board having taken it down as they could be liable in allowing such content.

I was going to donate to the upkeep of OWTB but not now.

Edited by BP1960

Overreaction klaxon !!! Don't be pathetic BP go pick your toys back up put your dummy in and carry on as norm.

I have said I'm leaving, Its a matter of principal, there seems no way to unsubscribe from this website so I just won't post or log into it as from now. .

The majority on here are fine, but I'm afraid its its been spoiled by a minority I can't relate to.

Erwin who I actually don't think he did that much certainly not more than he usually does infact I heard Ripley yell at him F@#kin head it!!!! In the first half when he lost out on a header. but he's stuck it in the back of the net twice and it's won us the game. Happy for him to do that everytime he puts on a blue shirt as far as I'm concerned. The two goals will give him confidence.

Some people just criticise for the sake of it, Erwin's been poor for a lot the season.... granted. But, he was fine in the last game he started at home, had :censored: service all night, won headers he had a chance of winning etc etc. People still slated him for not putting 'effort' in.

Im sure some just want to see him fail cause he had a poor start and isn't one of our own. I love Holloway, you know what you're getting with him but, he can't finish for toffee as shown last night, if those chances fell to erwin he would've got at least 2 more goals, Holl had 4 good chances to score.

End of the day, he's won us 5 points from games due to getting the winner, we'd be in a horrible position if it's wasn't for his recent goals. Give him a bit of credit without criticism for a change, that'd be nice.

I sit in the MSU and i am a vocal critic of Banks,

He's lazy and a prima dona that a relegation threatened club can't afford.

He puts our team under more pressure that he does the opposition.

His stupidy tonight cost us a goal , his weak misplaced pass lead to the penalty, he could have reduced us to ten men with his ridiculous challenge on a guy near the touchline going nowhere.

His defending is poor at best and is always liable to give silly free kicks away in dangerous areas.

Yes i vocally criticize him when he makes mistakes because he does more than anybody else,backs out of tackles and contributes little in a game.

I pay my money and am entitled to my opinion that Banks is :censored:.

I don't like him and wish he never played for us.

Anyone said the 'has he shagged your missus'.... yet?

I do Agree though, he's weak in the tackle and takes to long on it sometimes. Can play a great ball every now and then and he's definitely improved under shez. Having said that, if we stay up, I'd look to get rid and find someone who is technically just as good but, has more fight in him. Pretty sure shez will sort it as and when.

Some people just criticise for the sake of it, Erwin's been poor for a lot the season.... granted. But, he was fine in the last game he started at home, had :censored: service all night, won headers he had a chance of winning etc etc. People still slated him for not putting 'effort' in.

Im sure some just want to see him fail cause he had a poor start and isn't one of our own. I love Holloway, you know what you're getting with him but, he can't finish for toffee as shown last night, if those chances fell to erwin he would've got at least 2 more goals, Holl had 4 good chances to score.

End of the day, he's won us 5 points from games due to getting the winner, we'd be in a horrible position if it's wasn't for his recent goals. Give him a bit of credit without criticism for a change, that'd be nice.

I don't think I'm being particularly critical of Erwin especially when you consider I said I was happy for him to do exactly the same thing again in the next game.

I was making a comparison between our 2 strikers performance. Perhaps Erwin will play better with Holloway up top alongside him where their is less pressure on him to be the target man.