Where will we get the 8 points from to keep us up?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly don't know how Fleetwood are doing it. Was two very poor sides at their place but we had the excuse of Robbo as manager and some weird formation that had Law in midfield. An own goal gave them the spoils. That must've been one of those "play badly but win days" for them. I too feel we will beat them. After Oxford, it was the only other win I predicted punctuated with several draws.

Fleetwood fans I know immediately said that was their worst performance of the season by far.

I think you're writing off their unbeaten run a little lightly based on one performance? They are proving that if you are well organised that you can be successful in this league.

I'm a little worried about our position as we know that teams in trouble can fight out of it and with games in hand we may be looking over our shoulder as our run especially at home is very difficult.

Gillingham for me will be panicing big time especially if we can take more than a point Saturday.

Edited by palmer1

Some valid arguments about other teams having poor form and not getting much from here on in. However being a Latics fan for more than 40 years I've learned to rely on nobody but ourselves. BTW only 1 year in the last 10 has below 50 points stayed up so I suggest 7 or 8 points WILL be required...

Some valid arguments about other teams having poor form and not getting much from here on in. However being a Latics fan for more than 40 years I've learned to rely on nobody but ourselves. BTW only 1 year in the last 10 has below 50 points stayed up so I suggest 7 or 8 points WILL be required...

I'm not sure where you've got that from...

Teams occupying 21st place in the last 5 seasons had:

11/12 - 43 points

12/13 - 48 points

13/14 - 47 points

14/15 - 50 points

15/16 - 47 points

Edited by dec666

I'm not sure where you've got that from...

Teams occupying 21st place in the last 5 seasons had:

11/12 - 43 points

12/13 - 48 points

13/14 - 47 points

14/15 - 50 points

15/16 - 47 points

Have you got stats for those finishing in 20th though more importantly?

Have you got stats for those finishing in 20th though more importantly?

I think the point is that had a team finished either level (with better goal difference), or with one point more than those teams in 21st, they would've stayed up. The teams in 20th might have finished more points ahead than this, but they didn't need to in order to avoid relegation.

It's going to be decided on the last two games Imo but we will stay up thanks to Shez who is getting players to up their games since thank god we got him back.To think we were rock bottom with Coventry above us and up :censored: creek .

Time will tell I guess...lets hope we manage to find 7 points in the next 7 games. Don't fancy having to go to Wimbledon on the last day and get something.... It's got Poleon written all over it!

Someone on Twitter said imagine dragging MK Dons into it and going to Wimbledon needing a result to relegate them... :grin:

Someone on Twitter said imagine dragging MK Dons into it and going to Wimbledon needing a result to relegate them... :grin:

Now that would be funny. To quote Kevin Keegan, "I'd love it, just love it".

Wimbledon 0 - 5 Oldham

(Barcham o.g) (Poleon o.g) (Shea o.g) (Robinson o.g) (Whelpdale o.g)

Wimbledon 0 - 5 Oldham

(Barcham o.g) (Poleon o.g) (Shea o.g) (Robinson o.g) (Whelpdale o.g)

:grin:

Oh to be the MK franchise dongs - to know that forever and a day they will be the most hated team in football

almost sorry, but not quite - fk em :devilish:

Where will the points come from - who knows? We will have to average Robinson's paltry .79 pts per game to fall short of a 50pt total.

On the other hand if we average Sheridan's 1.78pts per game we will finish on 57pts.

There is no indication whatsoever we are about to slump to Robinson's level.

Why look for a calamity that's unavoidable anyway?

Where will the points come from - who knows? We will have to average Robinson's paltry .79 pts per game to fall short of a 50pt total.

On the other hand if we average Sheridan's 1.78pts per game we will finish on 57pts.

There is no indication whatsoever we are about to slump to Robinson's level.

Why look for a calamity that's unavoidable anyway?

Agree on the whole. Whilst the league positions of the teams we have to face suggest we might not continue to average 1.78 points per game, we will pick up enough to be safe.

I think we'll beat at least 1 of the top teams we're supposed to lose to.

I'm taking the Shez 'one game at a time' approach.

Over the 14 matches since Shez returned, Peterborough lie 5th bottom of the form table, having lost 4 out of 6 home games.

We are sat in 5th place, having picked up a positive result in half of our 6 away games.

Barring a Croft-sized brain fart, I fancy us to pick up at least a point on Saturday and be 6 points clear of Vale.

8 points clear of Swindon and same number of games - think we can write the bottom 3 off now.

Whilst there are 2 teams below us, points difference is tight and both have game(s) in hand. A real shame we couldn't hold on to the 3 points today.

Whilst Charlton and MK are within reach, I suspect the final spot will go to Bury/Gillingham/Shrewsbury/Gillingham/Vale or us.

1 from 6, and we are hard to beat and picking up points on a regular basis at the moment. Feel positive by not relaxed and wouldn't be surprised if we went into the last game still not mathematically safe.

:grin:

Oh to be the MK franchise dongs - to know that forever and a day they will be the most hated team in football

almost sorry, but not quite - fk em :devilish:

most hated ? nah think thats crown still belings to that red shower from stretford Edited by peanuts