Where will we get the 8 points from to keep us up?

Great 3 points last night. Sounded like a big performance improvement from Bury. Oxford are a good side. Not a regular poster on here but not sure where we will pick up enough points to keep our status in league 1 without relying on Vale to get less than 51 points? Top 3 and Dale at home and some tough away games...

Maybe Posh 1, Dale 3, Fleetwood 1, then off to Don's needing a win to stay ☝

Any thoughts?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We will find them from somewhere I don't think we can predict them though. It will probably be the games we don't expect. The 8 games we have left are winnable and certainly if we play like we did last night in all of them we will easily find 2 wins possibly 4 or 5.

Edited by GlossopLatic

I reckon we can win at Posh on Saturday*

Other than that, I'd fancy us to beat Dale at home who will have nothing to play for. Reckon we can get a point from Bolton and Fleetwood, though I reckon Sheff Utd will beat us.

I actually think 6pts might be enough, especially if Shrewsbury beat Vale on Friday.

*unless Reckord plays

We will need 7 or 8 points.

Vale are terrible, but they also play some similarly shocking sides.

Hard to predict results at this time in the season but we'll get them. If I had to predict though, we beat Peterborough, Fleetwood Rochdale and Wimbledon.

Title thread is misleading, we won't need 8 points.

I know historically you right, but it might just this year. Vales run is poor, but 2 of their games in hand are v Bury and Shrewsbury, so we could be OK or dragged back in. Our form is good enough itself.

I know historically you right, but it might just this year. Vales run is poor, but 2 of their games in hand are v Bury and Shrewsbury, so we could be OK or dragged back in. Our form is good enough itself.

Forget league positions, form is King right now and Port Vale are on a poor run, whereas Bury and Shrewsbury (and Latics) aren't.

A couple more demoralising defeats and they're as good as done in my opinion.

The good thing is, we don't have to worry about getting walloped by any team, our defence is good enough to cope with any team in the division. It's just about scoring. With this team you get have feeling that as long as we can score, we've got a good chance of winning. We've got a top 10 defence, maybe even better. We just need to score 1 or 2 to get them wins.

We'll clock up more draws than we do defeats before the season is out. If Erwin keeps up his form and Holloway can chip in then we should be able to get a few more wins recorded

Edited by PlayItLivo

The good thing is, we don't have to worry about getting walloped by anyone team, our defence is good enough to cope with any team in the division. It's just about scoring. With this team you get have feeling that as long as we can score, we've got a good chance of winning. We've got a top 10 defence, maybe even better. We just need to score 1 or 2 to get them wins.

We'll clock up more draws than we do defeats before the season is out. If Erwin keeps hp his firm and Holloway can chip in then we should be able to get a few more wins recorded

Now you say that let's hope Peterborough don't put one of their customary big scores past us.

I think we will beat Rochdale (3) and will get 2 maybe 3 points from the games against Blades, Fleetwood & Bolton that shoud put in good footing for the task at hand a few points on the road and we've cracked it, my worry is port vales games in hand

We always beat Fleetwood at home and they were terrible in the away match.

I honestly don't know how Fleetwood are doing it. Was two very poor sides at their place but we had the excuse of Robbo as manager and some weird formation that had Law in midfield. An own goal gave them the spoils. That must've been one of those "play badly but win days" for them. I too feel we will beat them. After Oxford, it was the only other win I predicted punctuated with several draws.

I honestly don't know how Fleetwood are doing it. Was two very poor sides at their place but we had the excuse of Robbo as manager and some weird formation that had Law in midfield. An own goal gave them the spoils. That must've been one of those "play badly but win days" for them. I too feel we will beat them. After Oxford, it was the only other win I predicted punctuated with several draws.

Their shot data is good.

I still think Swindon could yet survive and are the only team in the relegation places that worry me....Vale are on a terrible run and will need 6 points from their next two games to have a chance, 3 of their last 4 games are Bolton, Sheffield U & Fleetwood.