Squad movements, summer 2017

2 hours ago, LaticMark said:

Current Squad (contracted to date)

1.   Zeus de la Paz (2019) - keep as backup, simply because of his name!

19. Johny Placide (2019) - keep, he divides opinion and makes the odd gaffe, but I like his style and history has shown that we could do a lot worse.

39. Joe Boyling (youth) - no idea.

2.  Cameron Dummigan (2018 plus option) - keep, but wouldn't be surprised if we go with Hunt ahead of him.

3.  Wilfried Moimbé (2018) - keep, needs to curb his reckless streak but a quality left-back and worth persevering with.

4.  Brian Wilson (2018) - release.  I reckon we'll have enough squad players for next season.

5.  Anthony Gerrard (2019) - keep either him or Clarke.

15. George Edmundson (2019 plus option) - keep.

17. Kallum Mantack (2018) - no idea.

20. Jamie Stott (2018) - keep, showed a lot of promise last season and think he could do what Edmundson has done at the end of this season.

23. Rob Hunt (2020) - keep.

26. Peter Clarke (2019) - see Gerrard.

33. Jay Sheridan (youth) - no idea.

34. Tom Hamer (2019?) - keep.

6.  Dan Gardner (2019) - keep, hopefully as a back up centre mid.

8.  Ollie Banks (2018) - release

11. Ryan McLaughlin (2018) - release, not kicked on and hampered by injuries.  Someone else can take the gamble.

14. Gyamfi Kyeremeh (2019 plus option) - no idea.

22. Mason Fawns (2018) - he's showed some promise but wouldn't be surprised to see him leave for 1st team football.

24. Ousmane Fane (2018 plus option) - keep but, like Gardner, only as back up.  You need a type of player like him in the squad but hopefully we can get one who can do more with the ball at his feet.

25. Abdelhakim Omrani (2018 plus option) - release but wouldn't be surprised if AL keeps him here.

27. Gevaro Nepomuceno (2018 plus option) - keep.
28. Paul Green (2018) - release.

29. Jack Byrne (2020) - keep and whoever is manager needs to find a way to get the best out of him.  He could be our star player or an asset with a large price tag by this time next year if they do.

30. Tope Obadeyi (2018) - release.

31. Harry Robinson (youth) - no idea.

35. Francois Antoine (youth) - no idea.

37. Mohamed Maouche (2019 plus option) - no idea.

41. Ryan Scholes-Beard (youth) - no idea.

50. Chinedu Uche (youth) - no idea.

9.   Craig Davies (2019) - keep, an experienced target man who's in double figures will always have some use in the lower leagues.
10. Aaron Amadi-Holloway (2019) - I like him and still think he could be a very good lower league target man, but I can see him not being satisfied with being a super sub at best.

16. Patrick McEleney (2020) - keep.

21. Courtney Duffus (2019 plus option) - keep.

32. Jonathan Benteke (2018) - no idea.

49. Ned Dry (youth) - no idea.

Loan Deals Ending

40. Kean Bryan (Man City) - no chance that we'll get him back

7.  Kundai Benyu (Celtic) - not seen him but by the sounds of it send him back.

18. Ben Pringle (Preston) - not worked out, send him back.

12. Duckens Nazon (Wolves) - I'd happily keep but I reckon another League One team would take a punt.

13. Eoin Doyle (Preston) - obviously keep but Saturday will dictate.

There's enough talent in that squad out of the players that I'd keep to challenge at either level, but they need the right manager who in turn needs proper support in the transfer windows.  This summer will be AL's time to show that he has a decent plan for the club.

4 hours ago, LaticMark said:

Current Squad (contracted to date)

1.   Zeus de la Paz (2019)      

19. Johny Placide (2019)  Johny is being released.

39. Joe Boyling (youth)

2.  Cameron Dummigan (2018 plus option)

3.  Wilfried Moimbé (2018)  Would try keep but seems set on leaving

4.  Brian Wilson (2018)  Release

5.  Anthony Gerrard (2019)

15. George Edmundson (2019 plus option)

17. Kallum Mantack (2018) 

20. Jamie Stott (2018)

23. Rob Hunt (2020)

26. Peter Clarke (2019) 

33. Jay Sheridan (youth)

34. Tom Hamer (2019?)

6.  Dan Gardner (2019)

8.  Ollie Banks (2018)

11. Ryan McLaughlin (2018)

14. Gyamfi Kyeremeh (2019 plus option)

22. Mason Fawns (2018)

24. Ousmane Fane (2018 plus option)

25. Abdelhakim Omrani (2018 plus option)

27. Gevaro Nepomuceno (2018 plus option)
28. Paul Green (2018)

29. Jack Byrne (2020)

30. Tope Obadeyi (2018)

31. Harry Robinson (youth)

35. Francois Antoine (youth)

37. Mohamed Maouche (2019 plus option)

41. Ryan Scholes-Beard (youth)

50. Chinedu Uche (youth)

9.   Craig Davies (2019)
10. Aaron Amadi-Holloway (2019)

16. Patrick McEleney (2020)

21. Courtney Duffus (2019 plus option)

32. Jonathan Benteke (2018)

49. Ned Dry (youth)

Loan Deals Ending

40. Kean Bryan (Man City)

7.  Kundai Benyu (Celtic)

18. Ben Pringle (Preston)

12. Duckens Nazon (Wolves)

13. Eoin Doyle (Preston)    Would welcome any attempt to bring these two back

2 hours ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

There's enough talent in that squad out of the players that I'd keep to challenge at either level, but they need the right manager who in turn needs proper support in the transfer windows.  This summer will be AL's time to show that he has a decent plan for the club.

Yes, and Saturday will be the team's time to win a bloody game! We hope...

6 minutes ago, OldHallam said:

I will go for 5 or 6 of present squad still being here for first game of next season. 

If not motivated for final game then show them the door. 

All very well showing them the door but finding someone to drag them through it could be a challenge.

5 minutes ago, Buckshawlatic said:

Did he not cause issues when out on loan earlier in season at Fylde? Could be attitude more than anything else

Attitudes seem to be a problem at this club. I wonder why?

Now that we're relegated, this is the squad I'd definitely keep on:

1.   Zeus de la Paz (2019)      

19. Johny Placide (2019)

*2.  Cameron Dummigan (2018 plus option)

3.  Wilfried Moimbé (2018)

*5.  Anthony Gerrard (2019)

15. George Edmundson (2019 plus option)

20. Jamie Stott (2018)

23. Rob Hunt (2020)

*26. Peter Clarke (2019) 

34. Tom Hamer (2020)

*6.  Dan Gardner (2019)

*24. Ousmane Fane (2018 plus option)

27. Gevaro Nepomuceno (2018 plus option)

29. Jack Byrne (2020)

9.   Craig Davies (2019)
10. Aaron Amadi-Holloway (2019)

16. Patrick McEleney (2020)

21. Courtney Duffus (2019 plus option)

Keeper-wise, I don't mind if Placide starts next season and I like our back up 'keepers name, they are also already contracted, so they'd be fine by me.

It's amazing to think when we've conceded so many goals that I'd keep a lot of defenders on, but I could see each of those players being useful.  I wouldn’t be surprised to see Dummigan leave and I think Hunt will be first choice right back next season, but I’d keep them both if we could.  Moimbe, for his faults, is a more than capable left back.  It’s not an easy position to fill so I’d be happy with him.  Having both Clarke and Gerrard in the squad for depth would be good but with the emergence of Edmundson and Hamer I definitely wouldn’t play the two together.  Therefore I think one of them will leave.  If I had to choose between the two, I’d pick Clarke.  Despite his age and lack of pace, he would be the perfect captain for League Two.  I’d really like us to get Stott to Edmundson’s level so I’d keep him on too, although it sounds as though he isn't wanted.

In midfield, I’d pretty much gut it.  I’m not too fussed if Fane leaves but we need a similar type of player in our midfield next season.  Gardner is a decent footballer and would be useful in the squad, but I find it difficult to define a clear role for him in such an important area of the team.  I suppose he’s a better version of Banks, a deep lying creative player but not advanced enough to have an attacking threat and not good enough defensively to be reliable.  I like Nepomuceno and left wingers aren’t easy to come by, so I’d hope we keep him on.  I have faith that McEleney will come good too.

Up front I’d keep both Davies and Holloway on.  They are both exactly the type of players we’ll need up front next season and in the right system would have very good seasons.  Duffus should be worth keeping on as a dark horse too.

Finally, and it might be a moot point, but I’d rather build next seasons team around Byrne than Doyle.  Doyle would be extremely effective if he’s in a 4-4-2 but unless we are absolutely clear on how the rest of the team will fit around him then I don’t think he’ll be a worthwhile investment.  By playing Byrne off Davies/Holloway/Target man and having a solid defence and midfield to give Byrne freedom, I could see him shining and being worth a lot of money by the end of the season.