New signing - Rob Hunt

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With the signing of Hunt and rumours on Baxter and another striker, where would you place this pre-season in respect of strongest squad going into a season?

For clarity, you can choose any season after the Dowie era ended and we lost or sold off the Moore signings.

2nd to 2007/08 season under Shez purely as we achieved a playoff place?

Light years from 12 months ago thank ****!

It feels as though the top heavy bigger attendances towards the end to last season has helped give us room for some sensible additions over the summer and to build from. All good so far. Light years away from the past few seasons.

Hunt is a steady player with youth on his side to grow even further.

Edited by boundaryblue80

BPF will be signed in the coming days barring a disaster of some sorts, so really we just need another ST - maybe it's this lad from Everton - and IMO we could do with a DM and LW.

Baxter would just be the icing on the cake.

Very happy with this!

He always looked committed when he was on loan which says a lot about him. Even when injured he still attended and celebrated every goal we scored.

And to think, this time last year we were checking the back of the sofa to bring in Jamie Reckord.

So if a 3 year deal, which seems very likely, we have a defence of Hunt, Gerrard and Clarke contracted for 2 seasons, with the likelihood of Wilson, Dummingham, Stott and Edmundson also being contracted for next season.

As they say attacks win games, defences win titles.

Edited by rudemedic
Added Dummingham

28 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Has the club come into money?

Genuinely, my hunch is either a case of another dodgy loan, or we've paid off some finance from the stand which has freed outgoings. I  just recall that it was not the whole year after the stand was opened but about now we'd start to see some benefit. Well, that's my hunch. 

I'm just glad of the posittivity.

Very good signing given that he was being watched by a few Chamnpionship clubs when he was on loan last season.

Interesting that both clubs have described the deal as being "on undisclosed terms" rather than the usual "undisclosed fee". I wonder if it's just a hefty sell on clause rather than a fee ?

I'm sure the fact that Corney is very friendly with the Brighton hierarchy will have helped get the deal over the line.