Latics vs Man Utd X1

There is an article on the United website which confirms they are putting out  an Under 23 team tonight.

http://www.manutd.com/en/Players-And-Staff/Reserves/Reserves-News/2017/Jul/ricky-sbragia-explains-footballing-philosophy-as-reserves-prepare-for-oldham.aspx?newsid=DF044956-8D47-4BA5-BD0E-0CBB96B3936E

I wonder how we'll be treating it. Shez didn't seem too impressed with the timing of this one so close to the big kick off, so may choose to field mainly fringe players for most of the game.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

United announced it from the start as being a reserve team friendly.

All a bit of a waste of time really. I don’t think we’ll see a strong team from Shez this close to the season.

Edited by dec666

Matt Chambers says Kyle Lethern is in goal and Gyamfi Kyeremeh (#17) from the Girona game will both be involved tonight.

Matt Chambers @Matt_Chambers Hearing that Kyle Letheren will be in goal for #oafc tonight against United's under-23s. Not sure what that means re Niklas Bolten...

Matt Chambers @Matt_Chambers Mystery trialist from Girona game, who I imagine will be involved tonight, is a Belgian winger by the name of Gyamfi Kyeremeh.

Edited by pcassist

3 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

Is Letheren the guy who played for us in a friendly a couple of weeks ago and then turned up at Bury?

I didn't think he played in a friendly but had been on trial training with us. I thought he went to Bury the day before the Stalybridge friendly. Anyway my mate who is a York fan says he's not good enough for this level. He also thinks Law is the messiah though! 3 goals from free kicks in pre season apparently.

letheren played half a game for Bury conceded 3 and was sent packing. 

Edited by astottie