Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

There was talk earlier that Lemsagam was very good friends with the Mansour family.  

Would be a brilliant Christmas present if his backer is a sibling of the City's Sheikh who's possessing similar wealth.  Keeping the identity secret until the deals done to prevent Blitz from hiking up the asking price for the stadium.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, opinions4u said:

Well if they knew he had Chris Moore tendencies...

If they knew that then that would suggest it would be common knowledge and therefore everyone else including the FL would know too, so he wouldn’t pass fit and proper.    If the new buyer passes fit and proper then surely the trust have nowhere to go but to vote in favour?  Or do they know better than the FL compliance team? 

There's a post somewhere from me about 8 weeks ago confirming that the discussions to date have NOT included the OEC as part of the purchase so its a new one on me if they are going lock stock and barrel and I'd be surprised if the 3A's let it go......I know that AL is related to the Sheikh (Cousin I believe) and that they have had many discussions about working closely together once the takeover is done.

I'll see what else I can find out - my contact for those that wish to know is a close friend of AL's based in London but with links to the local area - I'm due to see him again in the next 10 days 

41 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

If they knew that then that would suggest it would be common knowledge and therefore everyone else including the FL would know too, so he wouldn’t pass fit and proper.    If the new buyer passes fit and proper then surely the trust have nowhere to go but to vote in favour?  Or do they know better than the FL compliance team? 

You're getting yourself worked up again. The ACV covers the land, not the football club.

19 minutes ago, leeslover said:

You're getting yourself worked up again. The ACV covers the land, not the football club.

I though we were discussing the club. Apologies.  To be fair though, If the guy is fit and proper enough for the club (ok’d by FL) then for me he can buy the land the club stands on, the streets that surround it and the whole bloody town.... crack on. 

2 hours ago, kowenicki said:

The EFL's fit and proper person test doesn't cover with enough stringency what the person will do with the football club. It's more about whether they have a conviction that bars them or if they have a conflict of interest. As far as I know AL doesn't have a conviction (like the Italian bloke who owns, or recently owned, Leeds). His conflict of interest is well known, the active status of which is what will be scrutinised. 

I get the distinct impression elements of the hold up are connected to the landlords and their asking price for various bits of the deal. The landlords are trying to get their money back.

9 hours ago, rudemedic said:

The EFL's fit and proper person test doesn't cover with enough stringency what the person will do with the football club. It's more about whether they have a conviction that bars them or if they have a conflict of interest. As far as I know AL doesn't have a conviction (like the Italian bloke who owns, or recently owned, Leeds). His conflict of interest is well known, the active status of which is what will be scrutinised. 

I get the distinct impression elements of the hold up are connected to the landlords and their asking price for various bits of the deal. The landlords are trying to get their money back.

I get that, but how do you test someone's intentions?  They aren't going to tell you that they want to buy a club to ruin it or that they are incompetent, because I doubt very much any potential owner has that initial intention to be honest.  The FL fit and proper test is the only one we have and it will have to do.  The trust as a board member is not qualified to test them further and not in a position to be the arbiter of a persons moral approach...that is a subjective test.

10 hours ago, rudemedic said:

Be interested in how you come to this conclusion? Who says there is any hold up? Is there anything wrong with your last sentence-It is what you would try to do. A pure speculation post based upon nothing.

54 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

I get that, but how do you test someone's intentions?  They aren't going to tell you that they want to buy a club to ruin it or that they are incompetent, because I doubt very much any potential owner has that initial intention to be honest.  The FL fit and proper test is the only one we have and it will have to do.  The trust as a board member is not qualified to test them further and not in a position to be the arbiter of a persons moral approach...that is a subjective test.

What are you even talking about?

12 hours ago, leeslover said:

This keeps cropping up. I really don't think he is. One is a former football agent from Morocco, the other is a Prince of Abu Dhabi.

Whether it be #TheFrenchLads he's brought in or Abdallah himself being an Asian, minor Emirati Royal from Morocco in Africa the usual rules applied to nationality, geography & bloodline were ripped up and thrown away very early on in this saga.

About which we should be very proud as a group of supporters.

We are truly woke. 

13 hours ago, Midsblue said:

There was talk earlier that Lemsagam was very good friends with the Mansour family.  

Would be a brilliant Christmas present if his backer is a sibling of the City's Sheikh who's possessing similar wealth.  Keeping the identity secret until the deals done to prevent Blitz from hiking up the asking price for the stadium.

It should be noted that AL is also a friend of Simon Corney. Of course, friendships can be broken over things like this (and much less) but nothing so far (eg players in, advance payements, attendance at matches, free access behind the scenes) has indicated any breakdown so talk of uncertainty ofver what is included, price haggling and reneging on parts of the deal seems pure speculation. 

1 hour ago, whittles left foot said:

Be interested in how you come to this conclusion? Who says there is any hold up? Is there anything wrong with your last sentence-It is what you would try to do. A pure speculation post based upon nothing.

The asking price. It was rumoured to be £20million. There is no way our club is worth £20million, or even £10 million.

The landlords may have sunk £20million into the club. But they have also taken a significant amount out with land sales etc.

The person who says there is a hold up posted a few posts above me, based on what a "journalist" says. It was scheduled to be completed 4-6 weeks ago around 5 weeks ago. Lots of talk that it would be completed before the end of the month a couple of weeks ago. 

1 hour ago, rudemedic said:

The asking price. It was rumoured to be £20million. There is no way our club is worth £20million, or even £10 million.

The landlords may have sunk £20million into the club. But they have also taken a significant amount out with land sales etc.

The person who says there is a hold up posted a few posts above me, based on what a "journalist" says. It was scheduled to be completed 4-6 weeks ago around 5 weeks ago. Lots of talk that it would be completed before the end of the month a couple of weeks ago. 

Anybody who has bought a business surely knows that the total price being asked is the first thing to be discussed and sorted before it goes any further. When I have bought and sold a business. A verbal agreement on the final price is first agreed and a formal handshake of agreement takes place. Then the attorney’s take on the job of the legalities. So I doubt very much if they are haggling over the price at this point in time. I think it to be more likely a small legal problem that needs resolving and these can sometimes be irritating for both parties. 

29 minutes ago, Smiler13 said:

Anybody who has bought a business surely knows that the total price being asked is the first thing to be discussed and sorted before it goes any further. When I have bought and sold a business. A verbal agreement on the final price is first agreed and a formal handshake of agreement takes place. Then the attorney’s take on the job of the legalities. So I doubt very much if they are haggling over the price at this point in time. I think it to be more likely a small legal problem that needs resolving and these can sometimes be irritating for both parties. 

I wouldn't be so  certain about a lack of haggling. It will depend on the price for a lot of separate entities, some of which may be agreed but I wouldn't be surprised if some are still being negotiated.

3 hours ago, leeslover said:

What are you even talking about?

Obvious to anyone with comprehension ability. 

The trust cant stop a deal where the owner is fit and proper.  It will happen if he passes that test and the sellers don’t fuck it up.  The trust are irrelevant. 

16 hours ago, leeslover said:

This keeps cropping up. I really don't think he is. One is a former football agent from Morocco, the other is a Prince of Abu Dhabi.

Only repeating was I was told by someone who is a business associate and spends time with AL socially - Presume its just a hunch of yours or have you cracked on with the family tree already?

33 minutes ago, Simoncorneyisgod said:

Only repeating was I was told by someone who is a business associate and spends time with AL socially - Presume its just a hunch of yours or have you cracked on with the family tree already?

Just a hunch, a bit like is someone told me that Eric Hall is the nephew of the Emperor of Japan.

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

Obvious to anyone with comprehension ability. 

The trust cant stop a deal where the owner is fit and proper.  It will happen if he passes that test and the sellers don’t fuck it up.  The trust are irrelevant. 

Stop arguing about it with the Invisible Man then.

Archived