Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

28 minutes ago, OldHallam said:

Some comedians on here know all the wages at every club and moves behind the scenes for players by directors at other clubs. So go on enlighten me how. Reality is guess work a bloke in the bar/office/Tesco or some journo who tries to be relevant by offering snippets of shite. Doyle has 18 months to go at Preston and said clearly on Saturday he goes where they tell him. Lets just enjoy the ride and hope the new owners have the sense to convince fans serious about success by going for Doyle, Byrne and Bryan on extended loans with a view to an agreed fee based upon success at end of season. The players will stay IF the team still doing well come January. 

Well said Sir.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, OldHallam said:

Some comedians on here know all the wages at every club and moves behind the scenes for players by directors at other clubs. So go on enlighten me how. Reality is guess work a bloke in the bar/office/Tesco or some journo who tries to be relevant by offering snippets of shite. Doyle has 18 months to go at Preston and said clearly on Saturday he goes where they tell him. Lets just enjoy the ride and hope the new owners have the sense to convince fans serious about success by going for Doyle, Byrne and Bryan on extended loans with a view to an agreed fee based upon success at end of season. The players will stay IF the team still doing well come January. 

I know someone well in at deepdale... He told me about doyle signing way before he signed (i posted on twitter and this was passed to nixon who laughed it off) 

He's told me there is no future for him at PNE for doyle and they want to clear him from the squad.... 

Hes mentioned that he 'thinks' we've opened talks about taking him off their books but couldn't confirm for certain. 

1 hour ago, OldHallam said:

Why would holding little snippets of info class someone as a comedian? You may have a point if 75% of what was posted on here turned out to be false but strangely those of us who do pass info on are more often right than wrong, rumour threads generally generate just that, it's up to the person viewing it to decide if it has any credence.

Just so you can have a laugh the latest rumour is that Paul Jewell is coming in to assist Wellens, now that may be complete bollocks so take it how you want but it's what I've heard.

11 minutes ago, OldHallam said:

Thats a sensible post and fair. Its the rambling guesswork that makes me laugh. My late uncle and his father where directors at latics and later Blackpool. I wrote cheques for Groves and co at times. But I was never party to wages and doubt many are anywhere. 

It’s a different era now. People are party to this info but I imagine the info comes directly from players themselves along with their agents bragging about deals made. 

9 minutes ago, dazzman07 said:

Thank you.... must still be interested in us

I'm pretty confident it is a bit more than interested Daz!
If Mark Moisley is correct, t will be a couple of weeks before he takes over.

What is pleasing is he is a regular at games, so he is really getting to know the team and players, better than many of us on here to be honest. I can;t see him rocking the boat too much, he'll have got quite a rapport and a relationship with many of the players, and staff by now.

Thursday is 3 months since it was announced that negotiations were in place, and it's fairly certain had been going on for a bit before that,s o maybe nearer 4 months

12 minutes ago, singe said:

I'm pretty confident it is a bit more than interested Daz!
If Mark Moisley is correct, t will be a couple of weeks before he takes over.

What is pleasing is he is a regular at games, so he is really getting to know the team and players, better than many of us on here to be honest. I can;t see him rocking the boat too much, he'll have got quite a rapport and a relationship with many of the players, and staff by now.

Thursday is 3 months since it was announced that negotiations were in place, and it's fairly certain had been going on for a bit before that,s o maybe nearer 4 months

Im really excited too, ive just started bringing my 4 year old lad and its been brilliant watching his face and seeing his reactin to us scoring and winning he is asking to return unlike my teenage son who was dragged and watched the tripe that was dished out over the lst 10-15 years

That shop was never going to survive as a general sports shopping outlet due to its location but being closed in the run up to Christmas is admittedly strange.

Perhaps sales have been poor at Christmas time previously. Someone on here said SD would not be renewing the sponsorship deal which probably indicates a lack of viability.

2 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

That shop was never going to survive as a general sports shopping outlet due to its location but being closed in the run up to Christmas is admittedly strange.

Perhaps sales have been poor at Christmas time previously. Someone on here said SD would not be renewing the sponsorship deal which probably indicates a lack of viability.

Before Christmas is certainly the only time I've been in it. The whole package never seemed to make sense really.

Alan Nixon has said on twitter that there is 'one thing left to sort out. Still ongoing'

Make of that what you will, as much as I won't believe anything fully until it has been confirmed surely this has gone too far for it just to be considered 'interest'. 

Hopefully nearing completion!

42 minutes ago, unsworthlatic said:

Alan Nixon has said on twitter that there is 'one thing left to sort out. Still ongoing'

Make of that what you will, as much as I won't believe anything fully until it has been confirmed surely this has gone too far for it just to be considered 'interest'. 

Hopefully nearing completion!

I wonder if the one thing is still the FA. In one way, I  hope it is so that it is full steam ahead after that.

Assuming for a minute the takeover goes ahead, dangerous I know so no chickens counted here, I wonder if it will be announced with great fanfare and  24hrs notice of a press conference or just announced and get on with it and perhaps promotional offers in due course?

37 minutes ago, singe said:

Assuming for a minute the takeover goes ahead, dangerous I know so no chickens counted here, I wonder if it will be announced with great fanfare and  24hrs notice of a press conference or just announced and get on with it and perhaps promotional offers in due course?

I hope so it would be extremely disappointing if we didn't hear from the new gaffa etc

Archived