Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

If Lemsagam hasn't got the money to do it, it obviously won't happen, but.....

If it is doable - and Preston and/or Doyle himself aren't taking the piss with a fee or wages - I can't see how we could possibly put that money to any better use. 

He's 29 years old aswell. Even if we can't afford him beyond this season we could flog him to one of next seasons "big" League One clubs or a lower Championship side....

If Lemsagam hasn't got the money to do it, it obviously won't happen......

If Lemsagam hasn’t got the money I would suggest his takeover of the club is pretty much pointless!

4 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

If Lemsagam hasn't got the money to do it, it obviously won't happen......

If Lemsagam hasn’t got the money I would suggest his takeover of the club is pretty much pointless!

There's plenty of space to roam in between (a) not being able to pay the wages on time and (b) not being able to sign Doyle, Byrne etc. It's not binary. However I, like you, am very much hoping that we will be towards the top end of that spectrum!

1 hour ago, oafcprozac said:

Apparently he turned Charlton down before he joined us as he wanted to stay in the north. His next move will be likely his last decent payday. Rumour has it Fleetwood are willing to match his PNE wage. 

I have heard this as well from a good source within the club. They will also pay Preston’s asking price which is looking to be a big one! 

26 minutes ago, super_blue said:

I have heard this as well from a good source within the club. They will also pay Preston’s asking price which is looking to be a big one! 

The player still needs to agree the move. Lets hope this new fella has got some Wonga or backing with Wonga and we can get near the Fleetwood offer. There's no denying Doyle's hit a very hotspot in Wellens attacking intent.

2 hours ago, oafcprozac said:

His next move will be likely his last decent payday. Rumour has it Fleetwood are willing to match his PNE wage. 

These are becoming a right pain in the arse.

They're too tin-pot to be considered rivals, but I definitely find them more annoying than Rochdale...

There is one major factor that might sway things in our favour. That is the Holloway saga. He went to Fleetwood because they offered him huge money but he hated it there. So if Doyle asks him what he thinks of Fleetwood as a club I reckon it might be a bad experience well worth avoiding. 

1 hour ago, JoeP said:

These are becoming a right pain in the arse.

They're too tin-pot to be considered rivals, but I definitely find them more annoying than Rochdale...

We could batter them on boxing day, convincing him to stay.

Just need to find a million quid in the playershare kitty...

Early on in the takeover saga, Roy said in one of the commentary chats that Lamsagan has big plans for the club including rebuilding the main stand and improving the training faciities. If he has the cash to do that, then hopefully he has the cash to sign Doyle. It all depends on PNE's valuation. It could be a silly amount of money, but it's what you get for a player with Doyle's current record. 

25 minutes ago, al_bro said:

Early on in the takeover saga, Roy said in one of the commentary chats that Lamsagan has big plans for the club including rebuilding the main stand and improving the training faciities. If he has the cash to do that, then hopefully he has the cash to sign Doyle. It all depends on PNE's valuation. It could be a silly amount of money, but it's what you get for a player with Doyle's current record. 

no axe to grind and just playing devils advocate but is that not what both the TTA & Moore promised ?

4 minutes ago, peanuts said:

no axe to grind and just playing devils advocate but is that not what both the TTA & Moore promised ?

Thinks there are a lots more stringent hoops all interested parties have to pass through now too.

lets hope all parties are not far from the finishing line.

33 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

If Lemsagam wants to make a statement of intent as part of his takeover then signing Doyle in January would be very much it.

Was  Lemsagem at the game on Saturday?

some guy (Owl) on Ezine reckons he’s heard the deal is off!

32 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Was  Lemsagem at the game on Saturday?

some guy (Owl) on Ezine reckons he’s heard the deal is off!

Yes he was there. 

That guy owl appears to be  an  attention seeking fool who either makes stuff up or presents information already in the public domain as what "He's hearing from his sources in the club".

7 hours ago, bozman said:

Yes he was there. 

That guy owl appears to be  an  attention seeking fool who either makes stuff up or presents information already in the public domain as what "He's hearing from his sources in the club".

What’s his username on here I wonder then?:lol:

13 hours ago, super_blue said:

He needs to have a chat with Holloway....the grass isnt always greener.He is fitting in to our style of play, which is breeding confidence.

1 hour ago, manshaw said:

He needs to have a chat with Holloway....the grass isnt always greener.He is fitting in to our style of play, which is breeding confidence.

Agree and hopefully that helps...but money talks with the short careers footballers have. 

21 minutes ago, super_blue said:

Agree and hopefully that helps...but money talks with the short careers footballers have. 

Yes just look at Ripley whose sticking the brakes on his career as we speak, Doyle like Ripley comes across as the type of player who just loves to be out there doing what he does best, if we are in for him I'd like to think we would have a chance just purely on the basis of how well he's settled in and its obvious he's loving every minute of it, he came here because he didn't want to uproot his family so that gives us an added advantage over the likes of Charlton, you'd think if it was a choice between us and Fleetwood we'd do everything possible to make it happen going into a new exciting era.

18 hours ago, al_bro said:

Fuck the Main Stand, sign Doyle... 

17 hours ago, underdog said:

Thinks there are a lots more stringent hoops all interested parties have to pass through now too.

lets hope all parties are not far from the finishing line.

I reckon the finish line was crossed quite some time ago. It's just down to the League/FA to complete their Stewards Enquiry... 

Archived