Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Oldham82 said:

Was Abdullah there today in directors box or anyone else . Anyone no cheers 

2 hours ago, Laticfanatic1 said:

Certainly was

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

No but Abdallah was. :chubb:

It genuinely would be a shock if he didn't show one time, he's virtually an ever present isn't?

Nixon in The Sun today claims Paul Jewell coming in as Assistant to Wellens.

Phelan's obviously got the experience of assisting Fergie over the years but Jewell, being a cheaper option, also has years of experience managing at this level and above including promotions to boot.

Whichever comes in will be the seasoned head for Wellens, which he wants.  That said, Richie is proving a good one with selection, tactics and effective substitutions. Looks like Harbins involvement is working too with us playing to the very end.

This January is going to big one for our new owner too.  Can he keep this team together plus strengthen a little further to give Wellens the best possible chance of success come the business end of the season?!

Its been a long while since I've been so full of optimism for our club as I am this season.  After 26 years supporting, I still have that voice at the back whispering "enjoy it whilst you can...the bubble will burst soon" so I'm hoping Lemsagam can exorcise it once and for all

32 minutes ago, Diego_Sideburns said:

We can do our bit to add to the kitty by remembering to use PlayerShare when spending online.

Diego is right, I know it's the wrong thread but if you can all help support playershare by using easyfundraising.org.uk

it would help to give playershare a kickback. This was set up by a fan who post on here called Opinions4u and it's helped the cause massively. So Xmas shopping, food shopping, insurances, holidays, you away travel supporting latics...you might be able to help by buying online. Cheers

On 17/11/2017 at 4:00 PM, boundaryblue80 said:

He will have been at Sheff Utd but I'd expect him to be on something like £1,800 plus appearance and goal bonus money. 

If so we've saved on appearance and goal bonuses.

8 hours ago, OldHallam said:

If Latics new owners are serious about success they have to grasp the support is there if the right signings are made and manager can manage to be in a position to challenge at top of division. I would hope common sense kicked in and some agreement was in place with both Wigan and Preston re Byrne and Doyle should the loans  have worked out for both parties and fees assuming the players wanted to then sign.. But this is OAFC...... Loans clearly doing well and enjoying playing. Bryan is a bit different re wanting to have a chance at City even if unlikely it will happen anytime soon. Best way to keep all three is a great run up to January and them wanting to stay. Not being able to sign Doyle now with the way its going would be one of worst on pitch events we have had in many a year. Davies and Holloway need praise too but Doyle brought that killer goal to the team we have missed for literally years. His smile says it all really and cant think he wants to go back to Preston as hes had that learning of going to Cardiff and Preston and a rough patch. Obviously some club can offer more but its really up to Doyle and Byrne at end of day. Ripley is a great example, how joining Burton is helping his career beyond me played very little football. Wellens has done a fantastic job and Dan G a major contributor. Think Banks Flynn will be gone in January. Possibly Ruddy or Wilson back to parent clubs. 

The form that Doyle has been in will not see another loan move...if Preston don’t want him they’ll be looking to cash in and sell him to the highest bidder. His salary is a fair wedge as well and he could potentially command more now after his start to the season. A goal scorer like him could be the difference between promotion and not for some of the teams with larger budgets in our league and they’d be willing to chance it. 

The owners will certainly have to dig very deep to see him stay with us...let’s hope that have the £££ to do it! 

14 hours ago, super_blue said:

The form that Doyle has been in will not see another loan move...if Preston don’t want him they’ll be looking to cash in and sell him to the highest bidder. His salary is a fair wedge as well and he could potentially command more now after his start to the season. A goal scorer like him could be the difference between promotion and not for some of the teams with larger budgets in our league and they’d be willing to chance it. 

The owners will certainly have to dig very deep to see him stay with us...let’s hope that have the £££ to do it! 

He could also be a target for a championship club in a relegation scrap 

If Lemsagam hasn't got the money to do it, it obviously won't happen, but.....

If it is doable - and Preston and/or Doyle himself aren't taking the piss with a fee or wages - I can't see how we could possibly put that money to any better use. 

He's 29 years old aswell. Even if we can't afford him beyond this season we could flog him to one of next seasons "big" League One clubs or a lower Championship side....

16 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

If Lemsagam hasn't got the money to do it, it obviously won't happen, but.....

If it is doable - and Preston and/or Doyle himself aren't taking the piss with a fee or wages - I can't see how we could possibly put that money to any better use. 

He's 29 years old aswell. Even if we can't afford him beyond this season we could flog him to one of next seasons "big" League One clubs or a lower Championship side....

Dont we have to wait until he completes the takeover first before we start spending his money?

1 hour ago, ChaddySmoker said:

Dont we have to wait until he completes the takeover first before we start spending his money?

It will be completed "within weeks".

There are 4 weeks during the January transfer window, one or more of those might be the weeks it's competed within :grin:

4 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

If he only had six months left at Preston I reckon it could have been possible to get him for the rest of the season, with 18 months left, no chance.

I read an article 2 or 3 weeks ago (think it was in the Preston local rag) that basically said, despite his scoring run for us, he doesn't fit in to their style of play

so it's unlikely he'll be back in the team there after his loan. Allowing him to play in the FA Cup for us adds credence to that theory.

It went on to say that their preferred option now is likely to be selling him in January as we've made him a lot more marketable than he was in summer. May be buying him will be a realistic option for us if the takeover has gone through by then (we don't really know). Under the current regime it probably isn't as there are clubs with deeper pockets interested in him.

Wellens made an interesting point about him in his post match interview on saturday, saying that strikers are happy when they are scoring goals and our team was set up for Doyle to score goals, but if he went elsewhere there's a high chance that he wouldn't be scoring as much in a team that plays a different way.

On the takeover, there was a brief line in Moisley's programme notes on Saturday saying they were  "hopeful it will be concluded very soon".

Said all along, Byrne will end up back at Wigan, Doyle will end up at Blackburn or Charlton, someone up there who just want to get over the finish line. Then he will sit in their reserves again when they go up to the Championship. Bryan is our most realistic option for the end of the season, as City may like the way he is developing with us. Although again we may end up losing out if a Championship fancy him.

29 minutes ago, youngen said:

Said all along, Byrne will end up back at Wigan, Doyle will end up at Blackburn or Charlton, someone up there who just want to get over the finish line. Then he will sit in their reserves again when they go up to the Championship. Bryan is our most realistic option for the end of the season, as City may like the way he is developing with us. Although again we may end up losing out if a Championship fancy him.

Brya, at this stage of his career, is also the most likely to be asked 'what do you want to do?' 

Which I hope would be an answer in our favour.

As for Byrne Wellens carries weight with him - I’m not saying he’ll stay but for the first time in his career he’s playing regularly and is settled. Many stay clear of him due to his previously disruptive reputation if Byrne did go I have faith in Wellens to find a similar type 

53 minutes ago, youngen said:

Bryan is on a season long loan isn’t he?

Archived