Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

31 minutes ago, bozman said:

I think that's a bit unfair. Although very similar in content to the radio comments, the article specifically states that Moisley spoke to the M.E.N. and contains new quotes from him, mentioning the end of November as the target date for completion, as oppossed to  the often mentioned 4 to 6 weeks away (which never seemed to get  any closer).

I suspect Moisley is limited in what he can say, partly due to the fact he hasn't been told an awful lot.

It must be an uncertain time for him too. New owners are renowned for bringing their own managers in but, they quite often also bring one of their own people in to run the off field side of the club. He may be concerned about his own role going forward.

24 minutes ago, Nohairdontcare said:

I still can't see any new Matt Chambers report anywhere - just a guy on twitter asking if there was an update, Matt saying there would be one in the MEN, then the guy who asked the original question speculating that it might be done by the end of the month...

Ie, no update.

11 minutes ago, bozman said:

The article was in the print version of the Oldham edition of the MEN. Haven't seen it online.

Right, my quote was about the fan comment seemingly in the know, not Matt.
The end of Nov is the 6 weeks timescale, so I think it's good that nothing is derailing that so far from what you've said is in print edition. I have not seen that because I'm in Kent.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Really??? That's fucking appalling in that case. Apologies to aaronoafc...but I certainly wouldn't be using that as the yardstick for League One. You'll be hard pushed to find many players on over £2k a week at clubs that haven't been above League One level for several seasons. 

We have at least 4....

28 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

We have at least 4....

Oldham players? I doubt it. Players on short-term loan from other clubs, perhaps.

I'd expect Clarke to be on over 2k, probably over £3k. Gerrard, Flynn and Davies the next highest earners. Not over 2k tho.

1 hour ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Oldham players? I doubt it. Players on short-term loan from other clubs, perhaps.

I'd expect Clarke to be on over 2k, probably over £3k. Gerrard, Flynn and Davies the next highest earners. Not over 2k tho.

I have absolutely no knowledge about these things, but I'd be stunned if Flynn isn't on over 2k...

On 16/11/2017 at 11:54 AM, blueatheart said:

Pay day two weeks today.

Wonder if they have planned to pay their staff on time this month? Maybe I should email just to remind them? 

Perhaps I should send that today. They have two home games before them, a gentle reminder might mean they make it for the first time in what, four months?

I am not one for getting involved in keyboard discussion but as a paid employee (albeit a minor one) I have to thank you for your concern but for the record it has not been

late every month for the last 4 months

11 hours ago, boundaryblue80 said:

All 4 of them are. Believe it or not, there’s a 5th too. And I’m not even taking into account Abdallah’s men.

19 hours ago, another fan said:

I am not one for getting involved in keyboard discussion but as a paid employee (albeit a minor one) I have to thank you for your concern but for the record it has not been

late every month for the last 4 months

Youll be ignored. Your post doesn’t fit the agenda. 

Archived