Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

If we are to believe, having believed that the "whatever it was" was simply the purchase of the 97% shareholding, that attention has at this late stage focused on purchasing all that the three amigos own.  I would like to suggest that AL is continuing to have problems with the fit and proper test and rather than give up has persuaded someone else to put their name on the ownership of the 97% but that they have said, as we know, it only makes sense if we buy everything.  So the "whatever it is now" will mean a further delay because the other two amigos don't seem to recognise that what they have is not worth what they have paid for it less what they have already taken out.

As much as this purchase of everything is the best outcome I fear we are heading for disappointment unless those two heads are knocked together.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Hands on said:

If we are to believe, having believed that the "whatever it was" was simply the purchase of the 97% shareholding, that attention has at this late stage focused on purchasing all that the three amigos own.  I would like to suggest that AL is continuing to have problems with the fit and proper test and rather than give up has persuaded someone else to put their name on the ownership of the 97% but that they have said, as we know, it only makes sense if we buy everything.  So the "whatever it is now" will mean a further delay because the other two amigos don't seem to recognise that what they have is not worth what they have paid for it less what they have already taken out.

As much as this purchase of everything is the best outcome I fear we are heading for disappointment unless those two heads are knocked together.

Correct. I bet you were good at guessing murder mystery tv show outcomes as a kid? Succesful long term gambler? Warned people not to buy a house two years before the financial crash?

Me too ?

I am friends with somebody who once worked for the FA and I would say hello back to several who still do. I have never spoken to any of them about this situation, but I have been told that the FA are doing their utmost to find a way to block this as they, firstly, feel it sets a dangerous precedent regarding agent ownership and, secondly, they want to look like they know what they are doing and, thirdly, they want to something to point at to help them with the previous reasons.

6 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

I am friends with somebody who once worked for the FA and I would say hello back to several who still do. I have never spoken to any of them about this situation, but I have been told that the FA are doing their utmost to find a way to block this as they, firstly, feel it sets a dangerous precedent regarding agent ownership and, secondly, they want to look like they know what they are doing and, thirdly, they want to something to point at to help them with the previous reasons.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if this is accurate. I've had my worries since day one that this was something that wouldn't get passed. If he's made his money as an agent why would he simply walk away? If this was a bigger club the FA would take it at face value. We're little Oldham Athletic the FA and FL will be queueing to fuck us over to show 'they care' about the game and seem to be doing something right....

6 minutes ago, Hands on said:

I've just heard that deep shit has hit the fan.  You'll know soon.  God, as if I believed in him, help us.

2 minutes ago, singe said:

Club raided by HMRC. I think I  know what the hold up might be.

You have to hope this is not defeat snatched from the jaws of victory.

This is more like it, why am I not surprised.

7 hours ago, kowenicki said:

I get that, but how do you test someone's intentions?  They aren't going to tell you that they want to buy a club to ruin it or that they are incompetent, because I doubt very much any potential owner has that initial intention to be honest.  

Exactly. What you have to do is hope they takeover, do well, have honourable intentions and hope they do right by the club.

Then maybe give it 5 or 10 years (and counting) to see how they do...judge them on their successes/failures/goalpost manoeuvres and generally see them for exactly who and what they are :ass3:

14 minutes ago, Simoncorneyisgod said:

But Eric Hall and the emperor of Japan have never met - AL & SM have - If your going to try and make a point at least make it plausible 

Do you know Monster Monster never met the Emperor of Japan or that just a hunch?

3 minutes ago, Simoncorneyisgod said:

He didn't refer to it in his Autobiography which given its a pretty big deal for a Cigar munching crew cut in a suit I would expect him to......wouldn't you?

:sign0003:

I would have expected a football agent in the UAE to have come across the owner of Man City, without needing to be his cousin. Wouldn't you?

1 hour ago, Simoncorneyisgod said:

I trust this particular business contact and he has no reason to lie..........Do you trust Eric Hall?

I get it now though your one of these people that have to have the last word in a conversation and will spout any completely irrelevant bullshit just to get it :blahblah:

How much will you give to Playershare if LL can prove he has met the Emperor of Japan?

1 minute ago, HarryBosch said:

How much will you give to Playershare if LL can prove he has met the Emperor of Japan?

Playershare get zero from me mate - Tried to give them plenty this season to raise funds and fell on deaf ears! Last I heard they were having a re-think on how to re-launch following the transfer embargo

I'd offer to give OWTB something but I've covered that too to get rid of my fecking username :D

9 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Just when RW is preparing for Saturday's match this happens.

Tbf it's the middle of the season. The manager is always preparing for a match.

There is no good time for this sort of shit!

Archived