Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

42 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Nasty rumours on twitter that some players want out because we can't afford them? 

12 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

Utter bollocks, too many reading into that sun article written with corney more like! 

THe players named are Bryne, Clark, Gerrard & Dummigan. all likely to be amongst highest paid.

All likely to have a relegation clause.........

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Don't think it is...

Clearly heard different things paddy but no way would FA have authorised a takeover if AL was anywhere near as skint as corney. Just can’t see it being anywhere near as bad as corneys ownership. Would happily ship out Gerrard and Clarke straight off though. 

If it turns out to be true though then I will hold my hands up and be first to admit I’m wrong but one thing is for sure.... it’s going to be a long pre season ?

4 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

Clearly heard different things paddy but no way would FA have authorised a takeover if AL was anywhere near as skint as corney. Just can’t see it being anywhere near as bad as corneys ownership. Would happily ship out Gerrard and Clarke straight off though. 

If it turns out to be true though then I will hold my hands up and be first to admit I’m wrong but one thing is for sure.... it’s going to be a long pre season ?

I am referring to the players wanting out. Definitely Byrne and Davies - believe a couple of others do too...

1 minute ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I am referring to the players wanting out. Definitely Byrne and Davies - believe a couple of others do too...

Davies from his performances has wanted out since Coventry offered money for him. Was a lot closer to home for him so understand him being pissed off with that. 

Byrne can’t have enjoyed playing under wellens constantly out of position. Needed a new manager to keep them all interested but not happening is it. ? 

Had heard about Nicky Adams been talking with us a while apparently. Got a niggling injury so unsure how many games we will get out of him. Don’t know enough of him to comment on that one. 

15 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Heard Byrne had a relegation clause in his contract that he can go

Let’s be honest, they all can go for me and we start again, there’s not much between leagues 1 and  2 as is showed on those coming up staying up and those being relegated struggling to get in top 7 in division below

23 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Won't be missed, hope we can get them off the books ASAP if thats the case and move on going into next season, bad apples who gave zero fucks if we stayed up or went down, only thing that would suprise me is if we can find clubs mug enough to take on their wages, if its true they are cheeky cunts who lets face it have been fucking dreadful since the turn of the year.

9 minutes ago, johnafoafc said:

I think if we are to be successful next season RW needs to create unity in the group. If that means Byrne, Davies, some of the foreign lads etc moving on then so be it.

That's the way Shrewsbury did it.

You'd think owners and managers would want to follow that lead.

27 minutes ago, ghostofcecere said:

Always bugs me when players want to jump ship after a relegation because they feel they are better than playing in the lower league. After all, they are the ones that have got us here! They should have to suffer like us fans!

Your quite right the said players always seem to think they are too good for the shit that they invariably caused, look in the dictionary and you will find this group of players filed under the word cunts. In my view there does seem to be a bad clique at the club and strangely enough it contains all those players who have pretty high opinions of themselves, shame they couldn't muster enough ego to see us safe before they moved onto huge clubs like Gillingham and Oxford.

19 hours ago, Dick_Valentine said:

Missed the boat, he might have his hands full with these...

Chemicals giant Ineos buys Swiss football team http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-41969921

They were relegated from the Swiss top tier yesterday, with their penultimate game being abandoned as their hooligans attacked the visiting Thun fans when they realized they were down (as Sion were winning).

Shrewsbury's turnaround from finishing below us in 16/17 is remarkable.

I thought they had a large turnover of players, but they gained 27 and lost 26, we gained 25 lost 29.

Both us and Shrews turned over about 35 players each way during 15/16

So clearly , as RW and we all know, its getting rid and recruiting the right players. It might not be the ones we think of though.

10 minutes ago, lalalajpkalala said:

They were relegated from the Swiss top tier yesterday, with their penultimate game being abandoned as their hooligans attacked the visiting Thun fans when they realized they were down (as Sion were winning).

FC Thun, there's a blast from past, didnt we put 9 past them in a friendly about 50 years ago?

1 minute ago, singe said:

Shrewsbury's turnaround from finishing below us in 16/17 is remarkable.

I thought they had a large turnover of players, but they gained 27 and lost 26, we gained 25 lost 29.

Both us and Shrews turned over about 35 players each way during 15/16

So clearly , as RW and we all know, its getting rid and recruiting the right players. It might not be the ones we think of though.

There's often a team that does well after struggling the season before. Similarly there's often a team that struggles having been in or near the playoffs. 

If they don't go up I think Shrewsbury could be both in 2 seasons. 

14 minutes ago, lalalajpkalala said:

So he's a relegation on his CV, he's therefore not good enough for some on OWTB.:wink:

There is a difference between players wanting out and them actually getting out. Some of them might be surprised that other clubs don't necessarily agree with their belief that League 2 is beneath them when they were so instrumental in getting us there.

I'd like to think Gerrard, in particular, would have learnt from his previous mistakes. He wasted two years of his career stubbornly clinging on to the belief that he should be a Championship player, when no Championship club agreed with him.

2 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

There's often a team that does well after struggling the season before. Similarly there's often a team that struggles having been in or near the playoffs. 

If they don't go up I think Shrewsbury could be both in 2 seasons. 

The Yeovil Town syndrome.

22 minutes ago, josh_latics said:

FC Thun, there's a blast from past, didnt we put 9 past them in a friendly about 50 years ago?

Yes it was John Collins first game, who we bought from QPR for money plus about £75 per goal. Typical of Latic's luck he scored six if I remember rightly. Equally typically we reneged on the deal as it was deemed a friendly and we maintained it was for first team games only. 

Archived