Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

8 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Probably not but with a massive parachute payment someone will get it right - viz. Blackburn

Exactly. Sunderland have had two relegations in a row, so like Wolves when they were in same boat their parachute payments will be huge. That said, they might be far worse off financially for all we know.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

Exactly. Sunderland have had two relegations in a row, so like Wolves when they were in same boat their parachute payments will be huge. That said, they might be far worse off financially for all we know.

Think I read they are 137m in debt, and that was last year. Their owner has stopped putting money in, so any parachute payment may not even go near the squad. They’ll still have a huge budget for League 1 i would imagine, but i’m sure players like John O’Shea will be on 30k a week from their premier league days, just not sustainable in League 1. I could quite easily see them doing a Sheff Utd and being in this division a number of years. 

1 hour ago, daniel said:

Think I read they are 137m in debt, and that was last year. Their owner has stopped putting money in, so any parachute payment may not even go near the squad. They’ll still have a huge budget for League 1 i would imagine, but i’m sure players like John O’Shea will be on 30k a week from their premier league days, just not sustainable in League 1. I could quite easily see them doing a Sheff Utd and being in this division a number of years. 

I could see administration. It’s a huge club with massive outgoings and upkeep.

8 hours ago, singe said:

IIRC from Leeslover &L&E visit that would be about triple our entire wage bill. :o for one player. Certainly double.

Our wage bill is no longer the 25k a week it was under Corney, you can double that at least.

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, Fruitygoo said:

Winding up order next week.... Riased by pitch company who did some work for us

This is the company corney stopped paying then the pitch turned not so good... we will find a few more of these before corneys fuck ups disappear. 

12 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

....or they won't disappear.... and worse still may befall us, because the new owner / regime is no better / worse than the last one.....!

Or if he has a little money. Who knows. Hopefully not.

49 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

....or they won't disappear.... and worse still may befall us, because the new owner / regime is no better / worse than the last one.....!

My logic is saying maybe that's why its handy still to have Corney around just in case things like this turn up. We  still haven't had an outcome from the HMRC pre-xmas visit

Unless I am being totally stupid,  surely when the takeover happened both parties would have agreed who was responsible for what bills before/after take over

Or am I totally being naïve?

20 minutes ago, underdog said:

My logic is saying maybe that's why its handy still to have Corney around just in case things like this turn up. We  still haven't had an outcome from the HMRC pre-xmas visit

Unless I am being totally stupid,  surely when the takeover happened both parties would have agreed who was responsible for what bills before/after take over

I don’t know about that Tracey.....  if Mr. Corney has committed the club to costs & liabilities that require settlement, they are now Mr. Lemsagam’s concern.

I find it odd - after being around for long enough now - that Mr. Lemsagam wouldn’t know about all the debts the club has. He either agrees with or disputes them. There seems little room for any middle ground, other than the same incompetence / austerity we operated on under Mr. Corney.

I’m unsure of the purpose of the HMRC raid, but if it was to investigate individuals and not the club, Mr Corney’s presence is an irrelevance.

32 minutes ago, underdog said:

There may have been warranties given... Or there may not have been...

Guest Stanley30
1 minute ago, Andy b said:

We know jack so such speculation is totally pointless.

Hang on a minute, this is Owtb. The home of negativity and permanent degradation! Allow the speculation to drag us into a spiral of dispare not inline with reality 

Positive I can honestly see us winning last 2 games and staying up Latics never do things easy ! And we might have are biggest summer budget ever to spend on players let's just wait till end of season and see what players are linked and we sign.

Archived