Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Our statto singe must let us know what percebtage of OWTB rumours actually become true.

This board is pretty accurate, if you take away the views at either end of the spectrum the truth generally lies somewhere in between, if the rumours are true and some players want out its not difficult to predict who it will be. 

So we're that Skint that this lad paid £3 million for us recently, signed 10 players for us in Jan (albeit some loans yes but paying high wages) bought Byrne on a perm and allegedly pays him 5/6k a week? 

Sounds like nonsense to me re the being skint. 

The manager stuff I can see one of them being true, Byrne and Wellens do seem to clash but seems Byrne clashes with managers from a lot of teams. 

We'll be reyt

15 hours ago, singe said:

Trouble is he has no affinity or very few fond memories because he moved when he was boy and it was a council house then. Still worth asking of course.

Anyway, I thought most from Failsworth thought they were from Manchester..... :peepwall:

Had any replies yet singe?

21 minutes ago, singe said:

Not yet!

His income went up £15 billion last year alone!

In a rare interview with the M.E.N. in 2015, Mr Ratcliffe told how as a kid growing up in Failsworth he would count chimneys from his bedroom window.

"There must have been a hundred,” he said. “I used to do it to learn how to count, I think.”

He also reminisced about crossing Oldham Road as he walked to school unaccompanied each day and recalled numerous visits to the local blacksmith, who would weld his ‘smashed up’ bike back together so he could go out on it again. 

“They were good times,” he said.

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

In a rare interview with the M.E.N. in 2015, Mr Ratcliffe told how as a kid growing up in Failsworth he would count chimneys from his bedroom window.

"There must have been a hundred,” he said. “I used to do it to learn how to count, I think.”

He also reminisced about crossing Oldham Road as he walked to school unaccompanied each day and recalled numerous visits to the local blacksmith, who would weld his ‘smashed up’ bike back together so he could go out on it again. 

“They were good times,” he said.

That's promising!

I'll send him a list of all the Oldham Mills at the time!!!

Just now, deyres42 said:

The bloke who tried to take away tea breaks.

To be accurate...

Wanted to move an archaic ten minute tea break to a different time and give an extra hours pay.  The mean bastard!! 

No dought players have been told they are getting pay cuts and that’s why there is unrest and people looking for moves away. Some will have relegation clauses that allow them to leave for sure but some won’t. Some will have delusions of grandeur and will still be here come pre season regardless of wanting to take a pay cut or not. 

6 hours ago, super_blue said:

No dought players have been told they are getting pay cuts and that’s why there is unrest and people looking for moves away. No player will be told they're getting a pay cut and it come as a surprise. If relegation wage drop is in their contract they will already know. If it isn't they'll carry on with the same wage

Some will have relegation clauses that allow them to leave for sure but some won’t. still need to find a club willing to meet whatever that release clause is

Some will have delusions of grandeur and will still be here come pre season regardless of wanting to take a pay cut or not.  hopefully we can rid ourselves of anyone not interested in playing for us before the season starts

Archived