Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

1 minute ago, kowenicki said:

So is it now confirmed your source is a mischievous bullshitter?   Note the question mark before you get all defensive.  Or is Jorvik lying.  Your shout... 

Maybe some have and some haven't...

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, singe said:

Not remotely practical for me, given my location, other commitments, and others more suitably qualified. I still care and want the Trust to flourish though.

Perhaps the Trust can have non local directors using a video link?

14 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

So is it now confirmed your source is a mischievous bullshitter?   Note the question mark before you get all defensive.  Or is Jorvik lying.  Your shout... 

I am certainly not accusing Jorvik of lying. But I still stand by what I said...

10 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

That doesn’t really work... 

It only works if the Youth team were paid this morning, as Jorvik didn't state a time in which he knew for a fact they had been paid.  LS' source said as of 10pm last night they hadn't been paid.

Anything other than that, and either Jorvik is misinformed or LS' source is...

32 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

It only works if the Youth team were paid this morning, as Jorvik didn't state a time in which he knew for a fact they had been paid.  LS' source said as of 10pm last night they hadn't been paid.

Anything other than that, and either Jorvik is misinformed or LS' source is...

I wasn't being disingenuous, I've been told that the youth team were paid before yesterday. It would be pretty shit if we aren't paying them, they can't be on much.

4 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

I wasn't being disingenuous, I've been told that the youth team were paid before yesterday. It would be pretty shit if we aren't paying them, they can't be on much.

Not suggesting you were.  Fact remains though, after reading this, is that either you or LS have been fed a pack of lies.

Just now, sjk2008 said:

Not suggesting you were.  Fact remains though, after reading this, is that either you or LS have been fed a pack of lies.

I didn't mean to suggest you were, apologies. I was just clarifying from my POV. 

17 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

I didn't mean to suggest you were, apologies. I was just clarifying from my POV. 

No need for the apologies.

It would be good to get clarification for sure on this, though.

5 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Can you show me a post where someone actually says it’s acceptable? Or was this just a poor attempt at virtue signalling?

Apols, actually the same poster multiple times. But yep:

On 04/07/2018 at 1:03 PM, Smiler13 said:

People not getting paid by one day is hardly going to affect the players lives that much. I don't see this being a big deal unless you are a doom and gloom merchant.

6 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

No need for the apologies.

It would be good to get clarification for sure on this, though.

Think you just had it. If the club are lying to the Trust we are in trouble.  LS, or his source, is mistaken on this occasion. 

This is all very tedious and quite poisonous at times and all without any concrete evidence of wrong doings. And don't tell me not to read it because I love the club and look on here for news, gossip and optimism from like minded individuals.

I am not saying there aren't issues at the club otherwise we wouldn't be starting next season in Div 4 and we wouldn't have needed and wanted ( most fans ) new ownership.

So we get our wish of new owners who are still brand new and haven't had chance yet to lift the club out of the doldrums of recent years. These owners without any concrete evidence other than a Journo, ex manager, Posters on here who are in the Know ( supposedly ) and posters who just spread total bullshit, are being written off already by some.

Even if all the rumors of unpaid wages etc are true then what are the majority on here going to do about it ??     

Cash flow problems in business doesn't instantly mean the worst neither. I would like to think the main issue going on just now especially with a new owner who isn't a British national and isn't fully set up financially yet in this country is down to cash flow issues.

I am not saying it is right for non payment of wages, what I am saying is there are things way beyond our ( fans ) right to know and I am afraid most of what info we do get filtered down is hear say.

We ask the trust members on here a question and the answer is never enough even if they say they aren't concerned. I presume the trust members have the clubs best interest at heart and will do all in their ability to liaise with those in control of the club.

AL is our new owner, we know very little about him, we don't know his wealth or if he has backers. Time will tell in my opinion and I am willing to give him time and support him as a fan, I don't expect a quick fix to years of struggle but I have hope that things will change. I can't influence it either way and neither can any of you. What we can do as fans is make BP a positive place on match days or a the total opposite.

I have no problem with negative fans. My dad was so bloody negative about us at times it was unreal so I do understand the Kasungas etc of this board and they are allowed their opinions. I don't have to agree and nor they with me but that's football is it not. It doesn't need to go further than banter and opinions because most of what football fans know is just gossip and rumors.

I just wish I could come on here and read some nice positive posts about the coming season for a change instead of so much pessimism. Go on what is there to be positive about I hear some of you say, well for Two ex legends managing us, Baxter and a new owner,  who could if given the chance might improve things OVER TIME.

We sign a player and he is slated even before we see him, get a grip it doesn't matter where he has come from it matters what he is like in an Oldham shirt.

I remember absolutely slating ex player Butcher at Barnsley away a few years back, he got some real stck that day. I now feel really bad about that day now for obvious reasons. Its only football eh !!

Trust me I'm not a care bear or goody two shoes who sees the best in everyone and everything I just hope we improve, I cant do anything about it if we don't but I'm an Oldham fan and always will be through good and bad.

So any of you who think you know better, have countless contacts or have such financial and business expertise to offer then join the trust, get involved, make a difference if you can. Change what you deem to be wrong.

If like me and and have none of the above attributes, let those involved run the club and show your support, give things time instead of stressing over things out of your control.

I am willing to donate a monthly sum to the trust so will be looking at this asap BTW, all helps I suppose. ( random )

Sorry for the long post.

Rant over

1 minute ago, kowenicki said:

Thats not saying it’s accrptable. Though you have found one person inferring that. 

For god sake let’s get some positivity. The players are very happy, Rhodes and Bunn are very happy. If you look at the interview on Ifollow of Rhodes talking about Pre-Season he looks extremely happy and he’s certainly very upbeat. I don’t think that the players or management would be that happy if there where serious issues at the club. Oh yes and I never said it was acceptable to be paid late. I did say that if it continues then there is cause to be concerned.

25 minutes ago, Smiler13 said:

For god sake let’s get some positivity. The players are very happy, Rhodes and Bunn are very happy. If you look at the interview on Ifollow of Rhodes talking about Pre-Season he looks extremely happy and he’s certainly very upbeat. I don’t think that the players or management would be that happy if there where serious issues at the club. Oh yes and I never said it was acceptable to be paid late. I did say that if it continues then there is cause to be concerned.

I think you are having a pop at the wrong person here.  I’m certainly not one of the permanently miserable. I’m usually referred to as a happy clapper, but that’s because people here dont like it when you challenge their facts based on rumour. 

Im looking forward to this season because I think we will do ok. 

20 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

I think you are having a pop at the wrong person here.  I’m certainly not one of the permanently miserable. I’m usually referred to as a happy clapper, but that’s because people here dont like it when you challenge their facts based on rumour. 

I think I'd settle for okay at the minute.

23 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Sorry Kowenicki if it was miss directed. I like Maximus am getting pissed off with doom and gloom. I want the finances at the club to be stable like another fan however like other posters have said we have a foreign owner who’s financies are not in this country and we have recent changed our banking procedures so I think for the moment we should all watch the space closely and try and be optimistic for the new season. If the playing moral is the best it has been for many years at Pre-Season then if Bunn can bring In three or four good loan players in the next few weeks we could have a good start to the season. Let’s face it under Wellens moral was at rock bottom so it’s great to see the players responding well to Bunn and Rhodes philosophy.

1 minute ago, Smiler13 said:

Sorry Kowenicki if it was miss directed. I like Maximus am getting pissed off with doom and gloom. I want the finances at the club to be stable like another fan however like other posters have said we have a foreign owner who’s financies are not in this country and we have recent changed our banking procedures so I think for the moment we should all watch the space closely and try and be optimistic for the new season. If the playing moral is the best it has been for many years at Pre-Season then if Bunn can bring In three or four good loan players in the next few weeks we could have a good start to the season. Let’s face it under Wellens moral was at rock bottom so it’s great to see the players responding well to Bunn and Rhodes philosophy.

Agreed. Wellens was a feel good sinkhole. Sucked the joy out of everything.  Bunn and Rhodes strike me as wanting hard work but with a smile on your face.

There are many ways to interpret the information that is disseminated either here on this forum, on twitter and the wider social media or even on the official club web site.

I take the approach that until we get definitive evidence I am prepared to keep an open mind. However I can fully understand why some are less sanguine than me. Consider the following:

If a journalist, an ex manager of the club, a player (and brother of a player) at the club and one or two respected posters on this forum all suggest/state that the players have not been paid, then It could be that there is some element of truth in the rumours? The longer that no official countermand is forthcoming can only fuel these rumours. And surely if staff are continually being paid late then there are grounds for concern?

If the second player we sign this close season is a relatively unknown footballer from the French lower leagues then does this not strike you as a continuation of what happened last season, namely players being signed without the manager’s full agreement? Again surely here again there are grounds for concern?

As I said earlier my approach is to keep an open mind but the concerns of some are understandable. A little clarity would not go amiss. 

10 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

There are many ways to interpret the information that is disseminated either here on this forum, on twitter and the wider social media or even on the official club web site.

I take the approach that until we get definitive evidence I am prepared to keep an open mind. However I can fully understand why some are less sanguine than me. Consider the following:

If a journalist, an ex manager of the club, a player (and brother of a player) at the club and one or two respected posters on this forum all suggest/state that the players have not been paid, then It could be that there is some element of truth in the rumours? The longer that no official countermand is forthcoming can only fuel these rumours. And surely if staff are continually being paid late then there are grounds for concern?

If the second player we sign this close season is a relatively unknown footballer from the French lower leagues then does this not strike you as a continuation of what happened last season, namely players being signed without the manager’s full agreement? Again surely here again there are grounds for concern?

As I said earlier my approach is to keep an open mind but the concerns of some are understandable. A little clarity would not go amiss. 

You say SOME element of truth, then surely there IS an element of truth that it may NOT be true, or to our perceived belief.

But you choose the former, WHY ?  Because you have no official countermand.

I have no grounds for concern because I have been offered no visual or physical evidence. Unless you believe all you read to be true,  that is.

Players being signed without managers agreement as you say,  eg new French lad. This would be a presumption nothing more. I am not concerned, no

He could be great, he may not. We won't know until kick off time. Baxter could be a fail this time also, its football.

I do agree some are concerned and I understand some may feel the need for answers to every rumor on this board. You will not get them answers.

Archived