Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, maximus1267 said:

You say SOME element of truth, then surely there IS an element of truth that it may NOT be true, or to our perceived belief.

But you choose the former, WHY ?  Because you have no official countermand.

I have no grounds for concern because I have been offered no visual or physical evidence. Unless you believe all you read to be true,  that is.

What constitutes visual or physical evidence?  Are you waiting for the club to come out and say "yeah, we're cocking this up, lads"..?

It's only because of rumours that everyone thinks Corney was such a twat.  On the face of it, he kept us up on home crowds of 3,500 and built us a new stand..

5 minutes ago, JoeP said:

What constitutes visual or physical evidence?  Are you waiting for the club to come out and say "yeah, we're cocking this up, lads"..?

It's only because of rumours that everyone thinks Corney was such a twat.  On the face of it, he kept us up on home crowds of 3,500 and built us a new stand..

:petesake::petesake::petesake:

Just now, JoeP said:

Physical or visual you need explaining ?

Its all rumours, I know some people who have some knowledge of the club and I sometimes hear things. I dont come on here and repeat for certain individuals to ridicule and belittle.

56 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

If you read my post carefully you will see that I am saying that I can understand why some are concerned. I have no axe to grind, I am not ‘choosing the former’ as you put it. I state my own position clearly - that I have an open mind.

I think you have totally missed the point of my post.

Re-read your post pal and I apologize if I misread it.

I understand you have an open mind but you are still concerned.

You understand others responses / attitudes due to recent reports.

I agree fully but some responses and attitudes are ill informed, provocative, childlike and uneducated by some of the OWTB users.

4 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

Physical or visual you need explaining ?

Its all rumours, I know some people who have some knowledge of the club and I sometimes hear things. I dont come on here and repeat for certain individuals to ridicule and belittle.

There are genuinely concerned people on here 0000, i dare say Ryan is one of them.

We see reports from usually reliable sources saying that there are problems at BP, you choose to ignore this ( which of course is your perogative ) but then proceed to subject everyone to your " everything in the garden is rosy " mantra.

Some find that incredibly tedious.

2 minutes ago, archiecat said:

There are genuinely concerned people on here 0000, i dare say Ryan is one of them.

We see reports from usually reliable sources saying that there are problems at BP, you choose to ignore this ( which of course is your perogative ) but then proceed to subject everyone to your " everything in the garden is rosy " mantra.

Some find that incredibly tedious.

I have not said everything is rosy at all, never not once.

So if you can show me where I've said everything is fantastic and rosy, I will hold my hands up and buy you a pint on Tuesday night in Ashtons clubhouse to apologize, Kasunga and Ryan could join you and I will buy all three a drink, no problem at all.

I am sorry you find my post tedious but you could stop reading after the first sentence i suppose.

7 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

Re-read your post pal and I apologize if I misread it.

I understand you have an open mind but you are still concerned.

You understand others responses / attitudes due to recent reports.

I agree fully but some responses and attitudes are ill informed, provocative, childlike and uneducated by some of the OWTB users.

I think its fair for people to assume when a respected poster who lets face it is friends with a number of first team players and has been 100% bang on the money in recent months is putting it out there that players haven't been paid, why all of a sudden would that now be credible, childlike, ill informed or uneducated?

Sorry but your patronising nature is making you come over as a bit of a twat.

1 minute ago, yarddog73 said:

I think its fair for people to assume when a respected poster who lets face it is friends with a number of first team players and has been 100% bang on the money in recent months is putting it out there that players haven't been paid, why all of a sudden would that now be credible, childlike, ill informed or uneducated?

Sorry but your patronising nature is making you come over as a bit of a twat.

No need pal

5 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

I have not said everything is rosy at all, never not once.

So if you can show me where I've said everything is fantastic and rosy, I will hold my hands up and buy you a pint on Tuesday night in Ashtons clubhouse to apologize, Kasunga and Ryan could join you and I will buy all three a drink, no problem at all.

I am sorry you find my post tedious but you could stop reading after the first sentence i suppose.

I will pass on your most generous offer,but thank you anyway.

9 hours ago, tGWB said:

Underdog

No need to get back regarding if the players and staff have been paid

Mike Keegan has confirmed that they have not

Must confess to being a little disappointed that the Trust didn't know before him but least we know and hopefully everyone will get paid very soon

Timing eh,....they have been paid, that's the  message  I got last night  and was about to post when LS posted some hadn't, I went back for clarification soi didn't look a complete muppet and questioned LS on his source as he advised me of the keegan tweet at the same time.

this was late evening and by time i had a chance to address it, Jorvik had already confirmed the conflict of information on another thread later on/today.

im not a geek that has their phone on 24/7 I'm afraid and I've had a busy week outside of football where this is trivial in comparison. Might sound harsh...but it is what it is.

there is a conflict of the information. Could we both be right at the time...possibly as there was a change to the clubs bank account as a clear the decks excersise and to ensure the set up the correct bills, people we should be paying.

Personally, I don't release the clubs wages, so I can't put my hand on my heart and say either way.

i suppose it's a case of which party you want to believe.

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

Mainly because of a cocky useless Manc....

Mainly?

He played a part. I would also argue a squad of 136 was an issue. As was the divisions that created in the dressing room. Broadroom arguments- and a lack of cohesion at the club played a part. Our owner as the one making all singing’s also played a part IMO. 

9 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Have the Trust the right to call a meeting with AL asap to clarify the wages situation, also the policy of signing of foreign players with regard to the managers approval or not?

Hello BP

wages, the trust have been advised that wages have been paid early this week

players. With regards to the player, the manager cast his eye over the player in training and agreed the signing. 

Thanks

4 hours ago, maximus1267 said:

This is all very tedious and quite poisonous at times and all without any concrete evidence of wrong doings. And don't tell me not to read it because I love the club and look on here for news, gossip and optimism from like minded individuals.

I am not saying there aren't issues at the club otherwise we wouldn't be starting next season in Div 4 and we wouldn't have needed and wanted ( most fans ) new ownership.

So we get our wish of new owners who are still brand new and haven't had chance yet to lift the club out of the doldrums of recent years. These owners without any concrete evidence other than a Journo, ex manager, Posters on here who are in the Know ( supposedly ) and posters who just spread total bullshit, are being written off already by some.

Even if all the rumors of unpaid wages etc are true then what are the majority on here going to do about it ??     

Cash flow problems in business doesn't instantly mean the worst neither. I would like to think the main issue going on just now especially with a new owner who isn't a British national and isn't fully set up financially yet in this country is down to cash flow issues.

I am not saying it is right for non payment of wages, what I am saying is there are things way beyond our ( fans ) right to know and I am afraid most of what info we do get filtered down is hear say.

We ask the trust members on here a question and the answer is never enough even if they say they aren't concerned. I presume the trust members have the clubs best interest at heart and will do all in their ability to liaise with those in control of the club.

AL is our new owner, we know very little about him, we don't know his wealth or if he has backers. Time will tell in my opinion and I am willing to give him time and support him as a fan, I don't expect a quick fix to years of struggle but I have hope that things will change. I can't influence it either way and neither can any of you. What we can do as fans is make BP a positive place on match days or a the total opposite.

I have no problem with negative fans. My dad was so bloody negative about us at times it was unreal so I do understand the Kasungas etc of this board and they are allowed their opinions. I don't have to agree and nor they with me but that's football is it not. It doesn't need to go further than banter and opinions because most of what football fans know is just gossip and rumors.

I just wish I could come on here and read some nice positive posts about the coming season for a change instead of so much pessimism. Go on what is there to be positive about I hear some of you say, well for Two ex legends managing us, Baxter and a new owner,  who could if given the chance might improve things OVER TIME.

We sign a player and he is slated even before we see him, get a grip it doesn't matter where he has come from it matters what he is like in an Oldham shirt.

I remember absolutely slating ex player Butcher at Barnsley away a few years back, he got some real stck that day. I now feel really bad about that day now for obvious reasons. Its only football eh !!

Trust me I'm not a care bear or goody two shoes who sees the best in everyone and everything I just hope we improve, I cant do anything about it if we don't but I'm an Oldham fan and always will be through good and bad.

So any of you who think you know better, have countless contacts or have such financial and business expertise to offer then join the trust, get involved, make a difference if you can. Change what you deem to be wrong.

If like me and and have none of the above attributes, let those involved run the club and show your support, give things time instead of stressing over things out of your control.

I am willing to donate a monthly sum to the trust so will be looking at this asap BTW, all helps I suppose. ( random )

Sorry for the long post.

Rant over

That’s well balanced. 

I don’t post out of some grim enjoyment that things appear to be going badly. I’m as desperate as anybody else for us to do well. 

I think a lot of the negative posts are fan fatigue with how long we’ve struggled on every front.  I do think we expected Corney to go, and the club would be properly run again quite quickly. That might be naive, but I think that’s what gets people- the perception is ‘new owner same old problems.’

There is the Baxter signing, and a legend signing as a manager. Fair play, but two weeks later we sign a #french lad, and people start having reservations about how well that went last season. . .

We do seem incapable of having consistent forward momentum at the club. Particularly where board, players, management and fans are together. I say that because that cohesion is what all successful sides have. 

It feels quite a fragmented club to me. Which I hope can be rectified quickly. 

4 hours ago, kowenicki said:

I think you are having a pop at the wrong person here.  I’m certainly not one of the permanently miserable. I’m usually referred to as a happy clapper, but that’s because people here dont like it when you challenge their facts based on rumour. 

Im looking forward to this season because I think we will do ok. 

You are referred to as a happy clapper because you almost always seek to justify the actions of the club and it's previous owner. 

You are the most myopic poster on here, which takes some fooking doing! :blind:especially with some recent recruits:shakeit:

4 hours ago, Ryan said:

‘You can’t expect answers to every rumour’ is my new favourite. This isn’t some Twitter troll with 3 followers making up random shite, the information is coming from multiple reliable sources who have no reason to lie.

Ok Ryan so what is your answer to it all? You can believe as many rumours as you like but you only have to go to the training ground and see the players that we have got enjoying their training more this preseason than any other. If players had not been payed and the management would you not think that the moral would be rock bottom. The fact is it’s not rock bottom and everyone is training hard and enjoying their training. If management is happy and the players why can’t the supporters be the same and buy into Bunn and Rhodes ethos. However that’s too easy for some on here because most are looking for bad things to come out of the club all the time and you know what I think most of you bloody enjoy it.

Genuine question....have we been starved of positivity for age that we come to deny it?

Been on a staff development week..yes I know..yawn...but  I'm starting to question that if you are stuck in a certain frame of mind that you come to deny/reject any other 

hmmm...

6 minutes ago, underdog said:

Genuine question....have we been starved of positivity for age that we come to deny it?

Without a doubt there is an element of that. 

Things have been so poor for so long, with so many false dawns. That I think people(myself imcluded) almost expect it to go wrong. Not because that’s want we want or enjoy- that’s absurd. But because it’s what we’ve come to expect. . . . . A bit like England with penalties. ?

We need a goid run of everything collectively going right for a while. 

8 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Without a doubt there is an element of that. 

Things have been so poor for so long, with so many false dawns. That I think people(myself imcluded) almost expect it to go wrong. Not because that’s want we want or enjoy- that’s absurd. But because it’s what we’ve come to expect. . . . . A bit like England with penalties. ?

We need a goid run of everything collectively going right for a while. 

Agreed.....

i don't necessarily believe all is rosey in the garden as we wouldn't be a position we are in...cautiously optimistic with a sprinkle of reality I'm going for...and that's for the England match on Saturday..hahah

2 hours ago, underdog said:

Been on a staff development week..yes I know..yawn...but  I'm starting to question that if you are stuck in a certain frame of mind that you come to deny/reject any other 

hmmm...

Lets look at what we have heard coming from the club over the last 2 months. We had 2 very negative articles in the national press suggesting a shit storm behind the scenes at OAFC. We've had various rumours from people suggesting the non payment of wages at the club. Paying your staff is the most important bill any business makes on a monthly basis, if you are struggling to pay your staff we are probably struggling to pay other bills too. We wanted a change of ownership for a brighter future and it appears to be no better, so far their is nothing we can hang our hat on to suggest progress is being made right now.

We have so far made 2 signings 1 has just served a drugs ban knowonelse in football would touch him so hes probably not on much, the other appears to have been plucked from the obscurity of the french leagues a policy that proved disasterous last season. 

If we had made 4-5 decent signings and no delays in paying wages then we wouldnt be having this sort of negativity.

1 month from now if we have made 4-5 decent signings (I think we are atleast 7 away from being a challenger this season) and we dont hear these rumours about nonpayment of players then we will probably see a renewed optimism.

What I would like to say is that I think you step up and answer alot of Trust questions very well.

I also think people should be reminded that before calling you or any of the Trust directors out on these issues, its not your fault if the players dont get paid on time. The buck stops with the owner on issues like that. When we here these rumours about such things the Trust are almost expected to be the clubs mouth piece and sometimes thats unfair.

So in conclusion their is negativity but its not done for the sake of negativity, it does appear to have some justification about concerns where the club is going right now.

6 hours ago, maximus1267 said:

you have no official countermand.

If you are going to use unusual words, which in general I thoroughly admire, at least make them relevant. That makes no sense. 

Just now, Dave_Og said:

If you are going to use unusual words, which in general I thoroughly admire, at least make them relevant. That makes no sense. 

It makes no sense to me.

If your that bothered to highlight that to me then maybe read back through the thread and you will see I was quoting another posters response.

13 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

It makes no sense to me.

If your that bothered to highlight that to me then maybe read back through the thread and you will see I was quoting another posters response.

It's been a long, hot and tortuous train journey home after a long day at work but if we are going to be picky it would appear that you didn't quote someone, you just used the same word. Life's too short. 

Archived