Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

1 minute ago, Dave_Og said:

It's been a long, hot and tortuous train journey home after a long day at work but if we are going to be picky it would appear that you didn't quote someone, you just used the same word. Life's too short. 

If you've had a journey home like that don't make your evening any worse by reading the dross on here.

Countermand is a word I have never seen or heard but I will agree to disagree about the use of it.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Lets look at what we have heard coming from the club over the last 2 months. We had 2 very negative articles in the national press suggesting a shit storm behind the scenes at OAFC. We've had various rumours from people suggesting the non payment of wages at the club. Paying your staff is the most important bill any business makes on a monthly basis, if you are struggling to pay your staff we are probably struggling to pay other bills too. We wanted a change of ownership for a brighter future and it appears to be no better, so far their is nothing we can hang our hat on to suggest progress is being made right now.

We have so far made 2 signings 1 has just served a drugs ban knowonelse in football would touch him so hes probably not on much, the other appears to have been plucked from the obscurity of the french leagues a policy that proved disasterous last season. 

If we had made 4-5 decent signings and no delays in paying wages then we wouldnt be having this sort of negativity.

1 month from now if we have made 4-5 decent signings (I think we are atleast 7 away from being a challenger this season) and we dont hear these rumours about nonpayment of players then we will probably see a renewed optimism.

What I would like to say is that I think you step up and answer alot of Trust questions very well.

I also think people should be reminded that before calling you or any of the Trust directors out on these issues, its not your fault if the players dont get paid on time. The buck stops with the owner on issues like that. When we here these rumours about such things the Trust are almost expected to be the clubs mouth piece and sometimes thats unfair.

So in conclusion their is negativity but its not done for the sake of negativity, it does appear to have some justification about concerns where the club is going right now.

I endorse this message.

13 hours ago, Buckshawlatic said:

This place has become really toxic of late. It used to be a place for fans to talk about football, now it’s back biting, sniping, bickering, point scoring and shit stirring of the highest order 

13 hours ago, ghostofcecere said:

It’s not just lately to be honest, it started with the demise of the JKL message board and has just got worse and worse. But I agree it’s got significantly worse lately.

12 hours ago, maximus1267 said:

I just don't understand some responses you get.

I could post that i'm donating £1000 to every board member and a couple of posters would ridicule and try to belittle.

Oh for the good old JKL days

It's been happening for quite a few years, one of the issues used to be the attitude of some who used to post on another message board & thought what they had to say was better than everyone else. That's stopped for a while to  be replaced by the current lot who belittle everything said, hijack threads & offer insults because they cant cebate an issue properly.

Looks like we have both now...Yay!

9 hours ago, maximus1267 said:

If you've had a journey home like that don't make your evening any worse by reading the dross on here.

Countermand is a word I have never seen or heard but I will agree to disagree about the use of it.

I cannot tell a lie, ‘‘twas me who used the word ?

The word can be used to mean ‘quash’ as in quash a rumour but is more typically used to overturn an order or command.

so...going forward I shall mostly be using the word ‘quash’ as each rumour is proved to be false ?

8 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

I cannot tell a lie, ‘‘twas me who used the word ?

The word can be used to mean ‘quash’ as in quash a rumour but is more typically used to overturn an order or command.

so...going forward I shall mostly be using the word ‘quash’ as each rumour is proved to be false ?

So I suffered the wrath due to your wider range of grammer.

No stick with it mate, its a great word.

Well surely we hope all the negative rumours are countermanded.... does that work like that ?

40 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

?????

Love how you become alert and poised about far-fetched positive rumours but when respected sources and journalists imply bad news it’s all bollocks.

Where’s the proof!!!!!!!

(Hope it’s true) 

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

?????

This guy has weird credibility.
Posts since 13th July 2016

8  2nd Jan 2017 to 6th Jan 2047

15 since Monday.

That's it.

But
In Jan 2017he said Craig Davies would join Scunthorpe the day before ihe did.

He didn't get Ricky miller right , & said champ but when to L2

He did get Charles Vernam right to Coventry too

He got Nicky Ajose to Swindon right too. was cagey with date but happened in the window

He got Ashley Eastham to Bury within 7 days wrong

He got Dorian Dessolei  wrong

He was partially right about Ched Evans to Sheff Utd, wel right, but put quite a few other clubs in

He got Matty Taylor interest by Fulham & Forest wrong, as he went to Bristol City

Their obscure players, but not a great record. 50/50 at best.

57 minutes ago, singe said:

This guy has weird credibility.
Posts since 13th July 2016

2nd Jan 2017 to 6th Jan 2047

15 since Monday.

That's it.

But
In Jan 2017he said Craig Davies would join Scunthorpe the day before ihe did.

He didn't get Ricky miller right , & said champ but when to L2

He did get Charles Vernam right to Coventry too

He got Nicky Ajose to Swindon right too. was cagey with date but happened in the window

He got Ashley Eastham to Bury within 7 days wrong

He got Dorian Dessolei  wrong

He was partially right about Ched Evans to Sheff Utd, wel right, but put quite a few other clubs in

He got Matty Taylor interest by Fulham & Forest wrong, as he went to Bristol City

Their obscure players, but not a great record. 50/50 at best.

I admire his vision able to see 30 years ahead.

37 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

Interesting and topical on here that Bolton Wanderers match against St Mirren on Saturday has been called off due to Bolton players going on strike over not being paid regularly over the past 2 years.

Last 2 years..  Fuckin amateurs.

https://www.pitchcare.com/news-media/tantamount-to-theft.html

Some more good news for the club. 

My view is this: we are in a bad way. We are run by an owner whose first priorities are himself/his former clients. The next 12 months are massive. Abdallah is rolling the dice on his bunch, and doing it as cheaply as possible (Bunn and the gang, #frenchlads).

However. Keep JB x 2, and bring in a forward (like Davies, to be frank), and we'll be fine. 

8 minutes ago, josh_latics said:

My view is this: we are in a bad way. We are run by an owner whose first priorities are himself/his former clients. The next 12 months are massive. Abdallah is rolling the dice on his bunch, and doing it as cheaply as possible (Bunn and the gang, #frenchlads).

However. Keep JB x 2, and bring in a forward (like Davies, to be frank), and we'll be fine. 

It's a sorry state for sure and doesn't paint the new owner in a very good light.

40 minutes ago, josh_latics said:

Don't you.mean ex owner? The debt was Corneys and the club. The de

btor took us to court about April Time and Al paid it so we weren't wound up.

It's probably money he put to one side for the club and he had to tap into it for the debt instead.

27 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

It's a sorry state for sure and doesn't paint the new owner in a very good light.

So the debts were incurred in April 17 by Simon Corney but it’s down to the new owner? Interesting that the case was heard in Manchester rather than London - I believe this was a disputed debt by AL. 

59 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

So the debts were incurred in April 17 by Simon Corney but it’s down to the new owner? Interesting that the case was heard in Manchester rather than London - I believe this was a disputed debt by AL. 

In the article it is claimed that the new owner is even less able to run a football club than his predecessor now that's some statement, there is plenty of shit being thrown in AL's direction at the moment and the only ones who seem to defending him on here are the Trust, do you know something we don't? On top of Keegan and Lee Sinnott being rebuked why would this bloke make things up?

Archived