Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, tGWB said:

Kowenicki

You're quick to snap at fellow posters heels, asking for confirmation/proof of what they have heard but resist offering answers yourself

Genuine question from me to Underdog earlier, sarcastically responded to by yourself as though you are in the know

For clarity then, can you confirm our players and staff have been paid yet ?

I don’t have a clue. Like the rest of the posters here.  Thought that was obvious.  I just thought it odd that someone would sign a contract extension when they haven’t been paid.  If you don’t find that odd then fine. Nothing sarcastic about it. Quite an obvious point to make. 

Here’s a thing.  With our new dawn, why doesn’t Mike Keegan meet AL, conduct an interview and MK can then clarify the position regarding funds, staff wages, future of club/AL plans etc.  That way it’s all out in open once and for all.

AL might be bitter over MKs article but we are all adults; MK is an OAFC and was only reporting what he believed to be factual and at least AL gets to release his side of the story.

8 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

Here’s a thing.  With our new dawn, why doesn’t Mike Keegan meet AL, conduct an interview and MK can then clarify the position regarding funds, staff wages, future of club/AL plans etc.  That way it’s all out in open once and for all.

AL might be bitter over MKs article but we are all adults; MK is an OAFC and was only reporting what he believed to be factual and at least AL gets to release his side of the story.

It’s a really good point. 

I do feel for the trust in the respect that the owner is so silent. So concern naturally turns to them for answers. Which isn’t always fair. It’s not the trust who run the club.

I do understand that if AL tells the trust directly or indirectly that everything’s ok. They have to take his word. The conflict comes when everything is said to be fine, but there are obvious problems.

It might be teething problems, it might be something more serious. But the silence creates a vacuum, some are happy to let it ride out. Some are concerned. 

I dont expect any owner to tell me or explain his day to day decisions. That’s ridiculous. But I do want a reassurance and a little bit of honesty to say, yes I’m struggling, (or not) things aren’t perfect (or not) but this is what I’m planning moving forward. It’s about galvanising the fans, particularly after a relegation that in many ways could of been avoided. 

I disagreed with Andy B about his want for a plan a while back, but I’ve changed my mind. The more time that passes without hearing from AL the more I’d love to know what his plan is. Especially now we’ve been relegated! We’ve just signed another #french lad. So is it the same next year then? Does the manager have to play them? Is he looking for additional investment? Does he want to consolidate in league two, while he sorts things out? Or is there a budget which he thinks will see us challenging next year? 

Leadership comes from the top. I genuinely think if he was as honest as he could be, for better or worse most would back him, and think ok this where we are. Let’s come together. 

7 hours ago, Midsblue said:

Depends if he wants paying which wouldn't be unreasonable as it is how he earns a crust.  His employer would have no interest in publishing it and why would they . It wouldn't be a sales generator.

11 minutes ago, dannyboy55555 said:

Because he answers questions honestly?

Bevause he can’t stand scrutiny. When challenged he just gets a bit abusive.  I’d have thought it came with the territory. 

1 minute ago, deyres42 said:

Fuck has it got to do with Conor McLaughlin...?

No idea. Fuck has it got to do with anyone that replies....? 

He is is the brother of one of our players. (If we assume he is still one of our players) 

19 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Fuck has it got to do with Conor McLaughlin...?

Can't work out whether Conor is calling Keegan a liar or AL a liar for the excuse he is putting out for the late payment of wages, either way its dragging the clubs good name even further down the toilet, despite that I still think it is worthy of putting out there if it forces change in the way the club is run.

10 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Can't work out whether Conor is calling Keegan a liar or AL a liar for the excuse he is putting out for the late payment of wages, either way its dragging the clubs good name even further down the toilet, despite that I still think it is worthy of putting out there if it forces change in the way the club is run.

I think he insinuating that the club saying funds have been transferred is more lies

8 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I cant work out who he is calling a liar either, I suspect the owner... but then perhaps Conor has an axe to grind if Ryan has been reprimanded by the owner for being a lazy git.   On your last point... agreed, if it’s true. 

54 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

One thing I’ve learned recently is that keegan can’t stand any scrutiny. Bit thin skinned. I suggest he gets a different job if that’s the case.  

Scrutiny being people whose source is a fake Football Scoops account off Twitter flat out calling him a liar...

Just now, Ryan said:

Scrutiny being people whose source is a fake Football Scoops account off Twitter flat out calling him a liar...

Yes. He should rise above and ignore if he is a professional and confident in his work and source. 

Underdog

No need to get back regarding if the players and staff have been paid

Mike Keegan has confirmed that they have not

Must confess to being a little disappointed that the Trust didn't know before him but least we know and hopefully everyone will get paid very soon

13 hours ago, underdog said:

hello tgwb. I missed that one of the list un-intentionally honest.

I will ask again as I know Paddy has posted an update

thanks

12 hours ago, josh_latics said:

Gobsmacked that so many think it's acceptable for wages to be paid even a day late, never mind numerous days for the past 6+ months. 

Can you show me a post where someone actually says it’s acceptable? Or was this just a poor attempt at virtue signalling?

1 minute ago, tGWB said:

Underdog

No need to get back regarding if the players and staff have been paid

Mike Keegan has confirmed that they have not

Must confess to being a little disappointed that the Trust didn't know before him but least we know and hopefully everyone will get paid very soon

Who says they didn’t? ??

Archived