Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Bobledgersheart said:

How much was the alleged bid ?

If it's true, it would surely have to be North of £5M to £7M for the Clown to get his apparent outlay back. And that would include 50 quid for Sefil, Vera and the other #frenchlads that we may never see play again.

2 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Maybe 7m+ if you’re talking everything but the club badge is presently worth next to f*** all!!

If AL’s spent 5m IMO he hasn’t a hope in hell of getting it back!

FLG want 7m for the ground alone... and that’s only if some of the land is handed over to someone (🤔) to build some houses. 

7 minutes ago, leeslover said:

What the fuck are you talking about? 

Cant you read? 

The group informed the room that the stadium has been available for purchase for many years. Indeed, Mr Lemsagam was offered the chance to purchase the stadium when he bought the club in 2017 but could not meet the valuation. Mr Whitehead said he would be willing to sell to Lemsagam if he offered £7 million upfront (i.e. without the use of loans) and could show a business model that would show the group he’d be able to generate the same level of annual revenue – an estimated £500,000.

21 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Cant you read? 

The group informed the room that the stadium has been available for purchase for many years. Indeed, Mr Lemsagam was offered the chance to purchase the stadium when he bought the club in 2017 but could not meet the valuation. Mr Whitehead said he would be willing to sell to Lemsagam if he offered £7 million upfront (i.e. without the use of loans) and could show a business model that would show the group he’d be able to generate the same level of annual revenue – an estimated £500,000.

Does that mean there's no other deal they could reach with a credible buyer who was willing to invest into the club? I can't see why they'd bend over to give it to Lemmy on the cheap so he could mortgage it away

3 minutes ago, leeslover said:

Does that mean there's no other deal they could reach with a credible buyer who was willing to invest into the club? I can't see why they'd bend over to give it to Lemmy on the cheap so he could mortgage it away

I agree.  They wouldn’t sell it to him for any price.  No intention of doing so... because how could they prevent him from then mortgaging it afterwards. 

The FLG need to buy it first of course. 

13 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

So you’re talking around 3m for the name...not a chance that he’d get that....especially if we are in the same predicament at the POS!

You might be right. But we don’t know the details of the finances any more.... which, as we do know, is part of the problem. 

20 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/officers/fAasTDBvuJ6PtlYbHKP4LJyWjsc/appointments

This is the guy who is saying he made an approach. Apparently he has some investors

From that history I would be very wary of this chap. Note he has had property companies in the past and tried a few other businesses, his latest being both luxury and budget furniture. Most of these businesses run from the same address.

4 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

Did I read that right that he's only 20 years old. Surely I misread that.

You are correct.

17 directorship so far.  Mostly dissolved companies because of compulsory strike offs after first accounts never submitted. 

Brags about winning 50 quid in a bet. 

Looks a bit Walter Mitty I’d say. But I might be wrong of course.  Benefit of the doubt and all that. 

9 minutes ago, al_bro said:

From that history I would be very wary of this chap. Note he has had property companies in the past and tried a few other businesses, his latest being both luxury and budget furniture. Most of these businesses run from the same address.

He says his ‘investors’ wouldn’t want the ground... just the team. 😂

Archived