Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, singe said:

Explain to me, what don't I  get.

It is very clear what I am saying. 

Just because the owner has acted a certain way doesn’t give a free pass for the FLG and those associated to act the same way... which, whatever you want to see, they have and are. 

They have has the opportunity to be transparent, professional and inclusive.  They have been none of those so far. They are behaving in exactly the same way as what you are accusing the owner of. It’s mostly cloak and dagger and it’s mostly provocative. 

Nobody actively defends the owner for his behaviour, he rightly gets criticism for it.  The FLG, on the other hand, get a free pass, which was understandable at first.  If anyone tries to ask questions them or even just mentions the lack of information  they get shut down... “thanks Barry” “is that you Barry”, or they point to the owners behaviour, ‘whataboutery’

It’s been a while now and they need to improve their communication and behaviour dramatically and rapidly in my opinion.  This will surely score them points with the fans. The longer the current approach continues the less support they will have. 

3 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Just because the owner has acted a certain way doesn’t give a free pass for the FLG and those associated to act the same way... which, whatever you want to see, they have and are. 

They have has the opportunity to be transparent, professional and inclusive.  They have been none of those so far. They are behaving in exactly the same way as what you are accusing the owner of. It’s mostly cloak and dagger and it’s mostly provocative. 

Nobody actively defends the owner for his behaviour, he rightly gets criticism for it.  The FLG, on the other hand, get a free pass, which was understandable at first.  If anyone tries to ask questions them or even just mentions the lack of information  they get shut down... “thanks Barry” “is that you Barry”, or they point to the owners behaviour, ‘whataboutery’

It’s been a while now and they need to improve their communication and behaviour dramatically and rapidly in my opinion.  This will surely score them points with the fans. The longer the current approach continues the less support they will have. 

The FLG don't own anything yet.  Their crimes in your eyes appear to be not fully disclosing every member involved, their full financial situation and their full intentions.

And you're saying that is equivalent to AL and his team who have steered our club to the bottom end of the football league and have consistently treated fans, players and staff like shit.

Utterly, utterly bizarre.

Sorry I missed another one off the FLG charge sheet - maybe being a little bit unprofessional on social media.

That's probably comparable with the treatment of Peter Clarke.  Or maybe the disastrous recruitment of this summer.  Definitely the same.

2 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

The FLG don't own anything yet.  Their crimes in your eyes appear to be not fully disclosing every member involved, their full financial situation and their full intentions.

And you're saying that is equivalent to AL and his team who have steered our club to the bottom end of the football league and have consistently treated fans, players and staff like shit.

Utterly, utterly bizarre.

I am saying their approach is similar, not the implications of their actions. 

The FLG have the opportunity to be better... you don’t agree?  Ok. 

3 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Sorry I missed another one off the FLG charge sheet - maybe being a little bit unprofessional on social media.

That's probably comparable with the treatment of Peter Clarke.  Or maybe the disastrous recruitment of this summer.  Definitely the same.

In your two posts, and plenty previously, you have done exactly what I described.  “FLG can start off shit.... because AL is shit”

Thank you. 

19 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

I’d leave it Kow.

People are to entrenched in their view. Their ability to look at things in a balanced and fair way is completely beyond them. 

17 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

In your two posts, and plenty previously, you have done exactly what I described.  “FLG can start off shit.... because AL is shit”

Thank you. 

😂

Incredible opinion you have of yourself. 

On disclosure - I personally don’t care that they haven’t fully revealed themselves (other than that massive open invite presentation they did). When they are further along with buying something I’ll be more interested. 

On social media professionalism - yes it could be a bit better. But it’s hardly a red flag as to how they might go about running the OEC and north stand. 

5 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I’d leave it Kow.

People are to entrenched in their view. Their ability to look at things in a balanced and fair way is completely beyond them. 

I’m all for fairness and balance. As AL and team get a lot of criticism for what has happened over the last 18 months, are you able to provide some successes of their tenure to balance that out?

All this shit is not helping anybody  I wish Flg show their hand soon. I’m probably at  my lowest as A latics fan after today’s mauling at Mansfield  I hope the Flg. Have lots of money behind them.  ive had enough of the current circus. BO and ML  are a complete embarrassment to the club. And annoy the shit out of me  please Flg don’t be a false dawn. 

7 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

I’m all for fairness and balance. As AL and team get a lot of criticism for what has happened over the last 18 months, are you able to provide some successes of their tenure to balance that out?

😂

Your making my point for me. Again. 

You have chosen to take a conversation about the FLG and ask me a smart arse question implying I’m defending AL. Which is a shame, but entirely predictable.

Kow doesn’t need me to speak for him, but what he asking for is completely reasonable. However we’re not allowed to talk about the FLG without being accused of somehow defending the owner. People’s thirst to conflate the issue is frankly laughable. 

They. Are. Two. Separate. Issues. 

The FLG stated ‘we only want 4% more’ it has since been proven the terms are vastly different than last season. But we’re not allowed to suggest the FLG could be at fault, because they are knights in shining armour, and wouldn’t dream of fucking AL over. No chance. . .

They deserve a level of scruinty when they run one of our stands, can’t agree on a deal with the owner, are buying up shares, and have made noises to want to buy the ground. 

31 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

I personally don’t care that they haven’t fully revealed themselves (other than that massive open invite presentation they did). When they are further along with buying something I’ll be more interested. 

They didn't fully reveal themselves. Half we don't know who they are

6 minutes ago, League one forever said:

😂

Your making my point for me. Again. 

You have chosen to take a conversation about the FLG and ask me a smart arse question implying I’m defending AL. Which is a shame, but entirely predictable.

Kow doesn’t need me to speak for him, but what he asking for is completely reasonable. However we’re not allowed to talk about the FLG without being accused of somehow defending the owner. People’s thirst to conflate the issue is frankly laughable. 

They. Are. Two. Separate. Issues. 

The FLG stated ‘we only want 4% more’ it has since been proven the terms are vastly different than last season. But we’re not allowed to suggest the FLG could be at fault, because they are knights in shining armour, and wouldn’t dream of fucking AL over. No chance. . .

They deserve a level of scruinty when they run one of our stands, can’t agree on a deal with the owner, are buying up shares, and have made noises to want to buy the ground. 

To ask for full transparency from the FLG then say they’re getting a free pass from others when not providing it, suggests that most people’s complaints about AL is a lack of transparency. Which isn’t the case. AL and his team are getting a hammering for their actions of the last 18 months or so and the clear and obvious results of those actions. And lack of transparency is quite low down the list for most I would guess. 

FLG have bought zero to date and no one knows who they are (apart from Paul, simon & simon) or what their true intentions are. What's in the deal mix up etc. So given that, how can anyone with certainty back it whole heartedly ? other than blind faith. Time they showed their hand in return for support.

What's that got to do with Al and the club?

13 minutes ago, Lags said:

FLG have bought zero to date and no one knows who they are (apart from Paul, simon & simon) or what their true intentions are. What's in the deal mix up etc. So given that, how can anyone with certainty back it whole heartedly ? other than blind faith. Time they showed their hand in return for support.

Spot on. 

17 hours ago, Lags said:

Because AL is running the club so so badly its an appalling state of affairs. As a result people are looking for an alternative to pin there hopes on.

We don't know everything about them but if it was a choice now between a group of 3 well known fans and an anonymous group behind them and the current utter shitshow that is our football clubs current hierarchy then I'd rather role the dice and hope that the annoymous people in the FLG have the money and the brains to just make us even look like a normal football club right now.

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

I think others have said similar to what I would say.

I don't think I have given them a free pass, in fact I  found a message yesterday I sent to Paul when the North stand was being built saying don;t respond every criticism but they are not in the same position as the owner. When they are they will be subject to the same expectations. The woner, a man renowned for spitting his dummy out has refused to meet them since May.

But yes I want them to be more transparent, but this is again deflecting from the fact it was the FLG that revealed the reasons for arbitrarily decided to chuck the toys out of the pram, not the owner. Adn lets not forget the Director told everyone that the club owned 97% it was the FLG that revelaed it might not be the case. not only that, but gung ho attack too.

I think there is a lot of defence of the owner, when any criticism occurs, up pops a defence. I see people saying he deserves criticism whilst not actually criticising themselves. Some of the defence is sycophantic, we are 89th in the Football League and some are in denial of that.

I'l bow to the master in whataboutism's, I'm an amateur compared to you.

Its not been a while, it's been 2 years 2 months, and he was around before that. Lots of the same old same old

But I agree they need to improve. Thursday was a golden chance, but it's a golden chance to review that car crash of a fans forum, get some professional advice on engagement and communication, and work with other parties. 
I think the odds of that happening are slim though, these leopards are not for changing their spots.

58 minutes ago, League one forever said:

😂

It simply hasn't.
A Board member has seen both, and says it has ambiguity and has called for both to be published.

Why not?

1 minute ago, singe said:

I think others have said similar to what I would say.

I don't think I have given them a free pass, in fact I  found a message yesterday I sent to Paul when the North stand was being built saying don;t respond every criticism but they are not in the same position as the owner. When they are they will be subject to the same expectations. The woner, a man renowned for spitting his dummy out has refused to meet them since May.

But yes I want them to be more transparent, but this is again deflecting from the fact it was the FLG that revealed the reasons for arbitrarily decided to chuck the toys out of the pram, not the owner. Adn lets not forget the Director told everyone that the club owned 97% it was the FLG that revelaed it might not be the case. not only that, but gung ho attack too.

I think there is a lot of defence of the owner, when any criticism occurs, up pops a defence. I see people saying he deserves criticism whilst not actually criticising themselves. Some of the defence is sycophantic, we are 89th in the Football League and some are in denial of that.

I'l bow to the master in whataboutism's, I'm an amateur compared to you.

Its not been a while, it's been 2 years 2 months, and he was around before that. Lots of the same old same old

But I agree they need to improve. Thursday was a golden chance, but it's a golden chance to review that car crash of a fans forum, get some professional advice on engagement and communication, and work with other parties. 
I think the odds of that happening are slim though, these leopards are not for changing their spots.

Nobody on this forum is sycophantic in their support of the owner. That’s just not true. 

Just now, singe said:

It simply hasn't.
A Board member has seen both, and says it has ambiguity and has called for both to be published.

Why not?

He said there are “several differences“ and “some ambiguity” 

FLG said it “had the same terms as 2018/19 season”.

27 minutes ago, singe said:

It simply hasn't.

Why not?

It simply has. Hence they can’t agree, and FLG lied when they said the only difference is a small percentage rise. 

It hasn’t been published because yet again it’s non of your business. We only know because the club brought the document ‘to the car crash forum’  and told us. . but let’s pretend that didn’t happen. 

29 minutes ago, League one forever said:

It simply has. Hence they can’t agree, and FLG lied when they said the only difference is a small percentage rise. 

It hasn’t been published because yet again it’s non of your business. We only know because the club brought the document ‘to the car crash forum’  and told us. . but let’s pretend that didn’t happen. 

I think it’s been proved beyond any doubt on Thursday that the current board are particularly bad at reading / understanding pretty much any legal document.  

Archived