Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

1 hour ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Does the trust know the amount of shares and when the shareholding changed from 97% and 3% to something else?

March is when i am sure it was reported in the friday night meeting and confirmed a rumour we heard earlier in the year

It is the business responsibility i believe to register the shares correctly, and i believe an EFL.requirement to put them on club website too.

Maybe an oversight

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Or someone has managed to convince the FLG that they own shares in Oldham Athletic 2004 and the FLG has bought them?

If there has been a transfer of shares without the proper filing of paperwork I'd guess someone is up a creek without a paddle. 

There was a question asked about this last night by someone well known to be pally with the builder. I doubt that was a coincidence, but IIRC it was answered by Barry who I doubt has the full information. AL and AM didn't respond, which could be telling. 

There had just been a board meeting, how would there be something that Barry didn’t know about? 

Even if Barry didn’t know, the legal director had lots of opportunity to correct him...

37 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

There had just been a board meeting, how would there be something that Barry didn’t know about? 

Even if Barry didn’t know, the legal director had lots of opportunity to correct him...

The same way Barry didn't know about the transfer of ownership of the stand... 

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

So who was the man in the white shirt asking for confirmation of the 97% shareholding? 

He clearly 'knew' that isn't the case. 

I believe some of the FLG where there (And they had every right to as fans)  lingering at the bar feeding some questions to people. 

Shame in some respects they didn’t have the balls to stand up, make themselves known and reveal this revelation ref shares etc on the night. 

9 hours ago, rudemedic said:

The same way Barry didn't know about the transfer of ownership of the stand... 

Unbelievable he claimed not to know or at least figure it out himself. Virtually everybody on this message board knew. It was self evident as soon as the OEC was formed and started employing people in its own right, including former club employees.

4 minutes ago, super_blue said:

I believe some of the FLG where there (And they had every right to as fans)  lingering at the bar feeding some questions to people. 

Shame in some respects they didn’t have the balls to stand up, make themselves known and reveal this revelation ref shares etc on the night. 

Yes, agreed.  Whatever the reasons are for the cloak and dagger stuff it needs to become evident sooner rather than later.

Feel like the FLG could make things a lot worse than better in the short term. Even if they have good intentions could ruin the short term stability of the club, leading to more fans running away. But the ground, leave the club to AL until he is ready to leave, pissing him off is not going to work. 

20 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Feel like the FLG could make things a lot worse than better in the short term. Even if they have good intentions could ruin the short term stability of the club, leading to more fans running away. But the ground, leave the club to AL until he is ready to leave, pissing him off is not going to work. 

What stability? None now.
If you wait till he is ready to leave we could be in the Conf North, his pride is getting in the way. The ground is more secure with fans, than an absent landlord who the owner could fall out with at the drop of a hat, I think he has already.  One minutes he is on the pitch at Fulham with them, the next he is selling to the FLG.

12 minutes ago, singe said:

What stability? None now.
If you wait till he is ready to leave we could be in the Conf North, his pride is getting in the way. The ground is more secure with fans, than an absent landlord who the owner could fall out with at the drop of a hat, I think he has already.  One minutes he is on the pitch at Fulham with them, the next he is selling to the FLG.

This is probably true. 

People will be uncomfortable with a nameless group supposedly buying around 10% of the club as this could escalate very quickly. 

Now is definitely the time to actually do something and reveal who they are. So, who are they and how much have they paid for the 10%?   If they are a fan group who wants to change the way the club is run and perceived then this is a minimum level of disclosure that needs to come as soon as it can. 

1 hour ago, ghostofcecere said:

Unbelievable he claimed not to know or at least figure it out himself. Virtually everybody on this message board knew. It was self evident as soon as the OEC was formed and started employing people in its own right, including former club employees.

He knew alright.

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

This is probably true. 

People will be uncomfortable with a nameless group supposedly buying around 10% of the club as this could escalate very quickly. 

Now is definitely the time to actually do something and reveal who they are. So, who are they and how much have they paid for the 10%?   If they are a fan group who wants to change the way the club is run and perceived then this is a minimum level of disclosure that needs to come as soon as it can. 

Why? 

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

He knew alright.

Quite possibly.  My understanding was that the board at the time would have to have viewed and voted on the terms of sale from Corney to Al. So it could have been part of that and likely to be confidential.

Alternatively, maybe Al sold some and has to advise the board yet. Bearing in mind they only had their second board meeting on Thurs..hmmm

27 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Why? 

Why not?  I think it would do them good to do so.  Its only an opinion. 

They agree they aren’t a formal constituted group (whitehead response to forum comment by lawyer), yet the leak says the group has bought shares.  Who has? The ‘group’ jointly or an individual, or a collection of individuals? I’m a little surprised people don’t want to know who has bought what as soon as possible.  If some wealthy individual is bankrolling this and bought the shares... great, I’d be delighted... so would others, so share it. 

3 hours ago, super_blue said:

3 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Yes, agreed.  Whatever the reasons are for the cloak and dagger stuff it needs to become evident sooner rather than later.

Paul Whitehead was there, I really don't believe they would have given him the microphone.

So someone else asked the question, the answer was the most telling, not the person asking. 

23 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Why not?  I think it would do them good to do so.  Its only an opinion. 

They agree they aren’t a formal constituted group (whitehead response to forum comment by lawyer), yet the leak says the group has bought shares.  Who has? The ‘group’ jointly or an individual, or a collection of individuals? I’m a little surprised people don’t want to know who has bought what as soon as possible.  If some wealthy individual is bankrolling this and bought the shares... great, I’d be delighted... so would others, so share it. 

I would have thought once the shares are bought, it will be clearer.Of course we want to know. We, including you, understand business transaction confidentiality.

4 minutes ago, singe said:

I would have thought once the shares are bought, it will be clearer.Of course we want to know. We, including you, understand business transaction confidentiality.

Yes, it will.  Well... we’ll possibly know the name(s) of the shareholders of this particular minority shareholding as a legal minimum.  We need much more than that. 

Archived