Club Statement

Finally a reserve team again.  For too long we've expected youngsters to dive straight into (most likely) relegation dog fits as their debut.

Injured players come back in with no match fitness and get set back further. Helps players in bad form get games without the pressure of the fans.

Feels like we are moving on the pitch again.

20 minutes ago, stott182 said:

Finally a reserve team again.  For too long we've expected youngsters to dive straight into (most likely) relegation dog fits as their debut.

Injured players come back in with no match fitness and get set back further. Helps players in bad form get games without the pressure of the fans.

Feels like we are moving on the pitch again.

A major plus from today in my eyes aswell

The importance of reinstating the ressies cannot be underestimated...it was ridiculous for Corney to (cost) cut this years ago. Finally the kids will have a proper route from youth to first team again. And the first team won’t be hindered with unfit players when returning from injuries etc. 

Feels like the first real step to getting back to a professionally run club!

Thanks Abdullah!

I find it interesting that the statement says Corney has approached the EFL over it, yet has still not advised the clubs board? his inner circle as some would say (exception being Trust rep).

To quote some the "yes men", granted they don't have a stake so to speak. Now off the top of my head I am unsure how many are on the board poss about 5 now.

The main one that you would have thought should have been told is your Trust rep who looks after the fans 3% stake and as of last night. We had not been advised

33 minutes ago, underdog said:

I find it interesting that the statement says Corney has approached the EFL over it, yet has still not advised the clubs board? his inner circle as some would say (exception being Trust rep).

To quote some the "yes men", granted they don't have a stake so to speak. Now off the top of my head I am unsure how many are on the board poss about 5 now.

The main one that you would have thought should have been told is your Trust rep who looks after the fans 3% stake and as of last night. We had not been advised

Don't disagree with the thrust of what you say but has the Trust rep contacted SC asking for an update? Proactively looking for information may be more productive. 

1 hour ago, underdog said:

Your recent posts have advised that the relationship between the Chairman and the Trust has broken down so not surprising that any confidential information is not being discussed with the Trust

I would also suggest that holding a 3% stake in the Club would only warrant a courtesy advance notification when any significant change to the Club structure is imminent.

3% certainly would not warrant active involvement in any detailed discussions

Just being realistic

2 minutes ago, tGWB said:

Your recent posts have advised that the relationship between the Chairman and the Trust has broken down so not surprising that any confidential information is not being discussed with the Trust

I would also suggest that holding a 3% stake in the Club would only warrant a courtesy advance notification when any significant change to the Club structure is imminent.

3% certainly would not warrant active involvement in any detailed discussions

Just being realistic

Unless there was an agreement covering the purchase of that 3% stake which stated otherwise.

If not, then you're right; it would be unrealistic to expect Corney to communicate with the Trust if he doesn't have to, especially with a Trust rep who has the gall to question him.  That would never happened on Barry's watch.

To be fair, if the Trust will (rightly) want to know the in's and out's of a ducks arse about what's going to happen, maybe Corney doesn't see any point in giving half a story now (which might be time consuming) when what ultimately happens hinges on what the League say and Abdallahs people's (I'm convinced he's fronting this for another party(s)) due diligence...? 

That said, it seems off not to have given the Trust a brief overview of where we're up to...

Just now, Stevie_J said:

Unless there was an agreement covering the purchase of that 3% stake which stated otherwise.

If not, then you're right; it would be unrealistic to expect Corney to communicate with the Trust if he doesn't have to, especially with a Trust rep who has the gall to question him.  That would never happened on Barry's watch.

I would suggest that a 3% stake in any business gives you little other than the option to comment about who is buying the remaining 97%  shares, certainly not the option to prevent any majority shareholder shares purchase

Its easy to think 'cloak and dagger' dealings by the Chairman but realistically, why would anyone discuss Club intimate dealings with a 3% stakeholder especially if the relationship is all but broken down

Honestly. I really don't care if the trust knows.  If some bloke wants to sell his majority share and the efl deem the buyer fit and proper then nobody else on the board, particularly a body with a tiny 3% is going to stop him and not should they. 

1 minute ago, tGWB said:

I would suggest that a 3% stake in any business gives you little other than the option to comment about who is buying the remaining 97%  shares, certainly not the option to prevent any majority shareholder shares purchase

Its easy to think 'cloak and dagger' dealings by the Chairman but realistically, why would anyone discuss Club intimate dealings with a 3% stakeholder especially if the relationship is all but broken down

Absolutely.

We have all been informed Corney is down the track aways with selling the club and a drawnout affair is not expected. If the fans rep had been included in an inner circle he would have been sworn to secrecy anyway.  No doubt a few tidbits will materialise over the coming months. 

With the three loanees on 4 month ccontracts January could be very interesting. 

1 hour ago, tGWB said:

It's not quite the same as buying 3% of a listed company though, is it?  The principle of the Trust's purchase was that it would offer a seat on the board, transparency and allow for better flow of information to fans, following Moore's sudden exit - at least, that's how it was sold to people.

Of course I don't expect the Trust to have any sort of veto.

2 hours ago, Hands on said:

I'm happy about a reserve team.  Think we should have kept it going.  My only thought is who are these reserves, our players plus trialists we don't own, going to play.  Where out there are even half a dozen suitable teams waiting for a game?

The Central League still exists and has teams from our division playing in it regularly.