Ex players and that

6 hours ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Not strictly on topic but ex-Latics groundsman Harry Wood has recently passed away.

Was assistant groundsman in the 70's I think, then groundsman until the plastic pitch was installed.

RIP Harry.  

There were quite a few mentions on twitter recently from people who knew Harry - you're right he was assistant to our late dad in the late 60s early 70s before taking over the head groundsman job.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, mick26 said:

There were quite a few mentions on twitter recently from people who knew Harry - you're right he was assistant to our late dad in the late 60s early 70s before taking over the head groundsman job.

Sorry, don't do twitter ! 😶

What was your Dad's name as we were trying to remember who Harry was assistant to ?

Charlie Cooper has signed an 18 month contract at Yeovil following his release by Oldham. His dad's manager there but tbf he has a proven track record in the NL. I thought there was a player in there while he was with us but he seemed to lose confidence over the months, perhaps unsurprising. What I would say is he never lacked for effort and he never hid on the pitch, even when things weren't going well for him or us.

Guest Stanley30
37 minutes ago, Hemel latic said:

Charlie Cooper has signed an 18 month contract at Yeovil following his release by Oldham. His dad's manager there but tbf he has a proven track record in the NL. I thought there was a player in there while he was with us but he seemed to lose confidence over the months, perhaps unsurprising. What I would say is he never lacked for effort and he never hid on the pitch, even when things weren't going well for him or us.

Having watched "this country" , I never once thought he'd make a footballer. Although tbf Yeovil is nearer to his nans for him so who knows. 

4 hours ago, Hemel latic said:

I’ve seen him hide. He stood on opposition players toes instead of showing for the ball, literally watched him do it. 
Fraud, next. 

On 1/12/2023 at 10:21 AM, Bobledgersheart said:

Not strictly on topic but ex-Latics groundsman Harry Wood has recently passed away.

Was assistant groundsman in the 70's I think, then groundsman until the plastic pitch was installed.

RIP Harry.  

For anyone interested there is a funding page for Harry:

• Thanks 1