Ex players and that

16 minutes ago, JoeP said:

There's been a series of fuck-ups there at Latics - not just by Unsworth.  Why was he never involved??

I don’t understand why he was sent to Radcliffe on loan called back then 8 weeks later starting at Blackburn for Hull.

The Vaughan situation tells you all you need to know about Dullsworth, way he was treated was a disgrace and we still have a team crying out for someone with his ability to play through but he couldn't even make it into a matchday squad when we've had to watch through games with a succession of absolute duffers in midfield this season, it's as if Dullsworth doesn't even recognise a decent footballer, Rooney today being pulled would be another example of how clueless he is.

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

The Vaughan situation tells you all you need to know about Dullsworth, way he was treated was a disgrace and we still have a team crying out for someone with his ability to play through but he couldn't even make it into a matchday squad when we've had to watch through games with a succession of absolute duffers in midfield this season, it's as if Dullsworth doesn't even recognise a decent footballer, Rooney today being pulled would be another example of how clueless he is.

And the other managers who didn't favour him that you keep forgetting about

9 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

There were many fans who could see the quality that Vaughan has  - he needed to get stronger and maybe work more on the defensive side of his game but he has talent.

Yet, as you say, successive managers didn’t favour him either.

Hah! We were right!

9 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Lads just played  in the Championship, it isn't strengthening your argument in any way, Shez at least admitted he should of played him, Dullsworth tried to ruin him and then left him out altogether after singling him out at Altrincham for a minor error when Dullsworth himself couldn't even be arsed to attempt to look interested. I'm not sure if he ever played again despite us having by far the worst midfield in the clubs history.

Dullsworth was happy to bring in the likes of Peck who was awful but continuously overlooked Vaughan, I'm not saying he should of started every week but he should of been making matchday squads at least.

• Like 3

Hull City fans very impressed with his debut. Didn’t look out of place 3 levels higher!!

Having better players round him probably helps.

We sent him out to play in the 7th tier!!!

Perhaps we valued the money more than the player?

From Hull Forum……..

I guess the big play of the night was Harry Vaughan's performance, particularly after the break. For such a young player, he certainly didn't look out of his depth and was excellent on the ball, he has a really bright future and I can see him being a regular next season.

Credit to all, but extra mention to Vaughan, an incredible debut, his parents must be so proud. 

Impressive debut from genial Harry Vaughan. When he was on the ball, with a bit of space, he was oozing natural ability, at one with the football.

Really promising start though. Looks to have a great attitude and a lot of determination.
File under 'excellent prospect'.

Where is that love button when you need it…
That is one very chilled and confident young man, also for such an inexperienced lad talks with such a confidence… mad. This lad will go far, remember you heard it here…..

On another matter. .Harry Vaughan sounds like a City ledge in the making....
Genuine Q...What took so long?

Edited by oafc1955

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

Hull City fans very impressed with his debut. Didn’t look out of place 3 levels higher!!

Having better players round him probably helps.

We sent him out to play in the 7th tier!!!

Perhaps we valued the money more than the player?

From Hull Forum……..

I guess the big play of the night was Harry Vaughan's performance, particularly after the break. For such a young player, he certainly didn't look out of his depth and was excellent on the ball, he has a really bright future and I can see him being a regular next season.

Credit to all, but extra mention to Vaughan, an incredible debut, his parents must be so proud. 

Impressive debut from genial Harry Vaughan. When he was on the ball, with a bit of space, he was oozing natural ability, at one with the football.

Really promising start though. Looks to have a great attitude and a lot of determination.
File under 'excellent prospect'.

Where is that love button when you need it…
That is one very chilled and confident young man, also for such an inexperienced lad talks with such a confidence… mad. This lad will go far, remember you heard it here…..

On another matter. .Harry Vaughan sounds like a City ledge in the making....
Genuine Q...What took so long?

And the fella who wouldn't give him a chance is in charge of next seasons transfer budget, wouldn't trust him with ten bob of anyones money. 

It just reaffirms my belief that Dullsworth coaches football ability out of players in favour of ultra defensive turgid shite, makes me laugh reading Dullsworth claim we are going to be playing total football next season, totally shite football more like.

Edited by yarddog73
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

And the fella who wouldn't give him a chance is in charge of next seasons transfer budget, wouldn't trust him with ten bob of anyones money. 

It just reaffirms my belief that Dullsworth coaches football ability out of players in favour of ultra defensive turgid shite, makes me laugh reading Dullsworth claim we are going to be playing total football next season, totally shite football more like.

I am not a Unsworth fan. But I am going to have to correct you on this. The board and the recruitment team will be in charge of the budget, such is the modern game. The main contribution Unsworth will have is identifying the positions that we need better players for. It's like this at a lot of clubs now a days. That's what Mo should of been doing in his role as sporting director instead of destroying the club. Unsworth will get the final say on whether a player can join, once recruitment team have identified those players that fit the position and budget.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Canada_latic said:

I am not a Unsworth fan. But I am going to have to correct you on this. The board and the recruitment team will be in charge of the budget, such is the modern game. The main contribution Unsworth will have is identifying the positions that we need better players for. It's like this at a lot of clubs now a days. That's what Mo should have been doing in his role as sporting director instead of destroying the club. Unsworth will get the final say on whether a player can join, once recruitment team have identified those players that fit the position and budget.

As well as this, the board and recruitment team will have made the collective decision to sell Vaughan. 

It’s looking like a good one, the lad is flourishing which is great for him and will also be great for the club as various milestone payments will presumably be triggered the more he plays. 

If he’d stayed there’s no guarantee he would have made much of a difference having lumps kicked out of him in scrappy matches on cow fields. And as soon as he had a bad game he’d probably get a slagging from some fans (see Benny Couto).

• Like 4

We’ve never benefited from young players being let go by other clubs and going to have rather good careers have we?

Goram, Warhurst, Milligan, les Chapman…..

It’s football, some youngsters go on to better things for a range of reasons. 
If Harry makes it, then congratulations to him and those who help him. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Canada_latic said:

I am not a Unsworth fan. But I am going to have to correct you on this. The board and the recruitment team will be in charge of the budget, such is the modern game. The main contribution Unsworth will have is identifying the positions that we need better players for. It's like this at a lot of clubs now a days. That's what Mo should have been doing in his role as sporting director instead of destroying the club. Unsworth will get the final say on whether a player can join, once recruitment team have identified those players that fit the position and budget.

Does he get the final say though? Apparently it’s a joint decision from the recruitment department, of which Unsworth is just a part of and holds no more sway than anyone else. That’s what that guy off the podcast who knows everything keeps telling us anyway.

1 hour ago, Steve_R said:

Does he get the final say though? Apparently it’s a joint decision from the recruitment department, of which Unsworth is just a part of and holds no more sway than anyone else. That’s what that guy off the podcast who knows everything keeps telling us anyway.

That could be the case. But my point was that the days of the manager overseeing everything regarding the playing side are in the past at a lot of football clubs in the UK. Including ours. They either go with the continental model of running a football club or use a lot of ideas from North American sports.