Ex players and that

11 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I see Connor Ripley is still without a club, would he be an upgrade on Norman?

It’s hard to say, he had a cracking season here but that was a long time ago. He’s 30 now and has spent almost of his career on loan…..there’s probably a very good reason the only permanent club he’s had apart from Middlesbrough is Morecambe.

Last season was Norman’s 1st playing regular football and he’ll have come on leaps and bounds. For me it’s the very last position we should be concerned about!

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I see Connor Ripley is still without a club, would he be an upgrade on Norman?

yes but we just can't. ignoring the Football reasons we can't have four pro keepers signed on that would be bonkers!

LootBagger loves it dunt he!! Keepers are weird.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Winchester to Shrewsbury puts that one to bed, also hopefully soon to be ex players Leutwiler as No 2 I presume to Ripley at Vale and Macclesfield in for Rooney in the NLN.

Rooney would enjoy it a Macc, a footballing free scoring team.

2 hours ago, OldhamAthlete said:

According to the Carlisle United website Paul Gerrard is moving on from his position as their Goalkeeping coach.

Presumably stopping the 2 hour commute from Heywood will have been a factor.

On 2/25/2023 at 8:42 PM, Punce said:

IIRC Reg Blore was one of the players that came with the first flush of spending when Ken Bates took over the club.  I think others could have been Bill Asprey, Ian Towers. Albert Quixall and the manager Jimmy Mcilroy himself.

At one point we had about 7 expensive new signings in and around the team - with no immediate success. 🙂

Reg was popular,  he always looked like he was bursting out of his skin, every fan likes to see someone working for the team.

I was watching a YouTube video about a reunion of former Southport players in 2011, and wondered whether the guy at the bottom left of the picture might be Reg Blore. Certainly could be, IMO.

Southport1960s(3).png.d4ce343ef1b02567cf336b7b10bc278a.png

13 hours ago, Summerdeep said:

I was watching a YouTube video about a reunion of former Southport players in 2011, and wondered whether the guy at the bottom left of the picture might be Reg Blore. Certainly could be, IMO.

Southport1960s(3).png.d4ce343ef1b02567cf336b7b10bc278a.png

Looks like him to me. He'd be about 70 around that time.

• Like 2