Ex players and that

How do I know.... budget, no vacancies available.... he's taken him to Brizzle, his spiritual home - with budget to spend given they have a backer - which indicates he values his input.... and suggests he can't be a poor coach.

Perhaps Johnson is showing poor judgement by appointing Holden. He has history of poor judgement (I give you Ched Evans).

There's 3/4 1st team coaches and LJ at Brizzle..... are you telling me Holden has that much sway over the team's performances?

Is that 3 or four coaches or more our sort of situation where the best we can hope for is three-quarters of a coach? Have we got a first team coach? I genuinely don't know.

Guest nonaenever

NNN, with what qualification do you judge Dean Holden a coach with whom you felt the emotion of suicide?

Lee Johnson was - in recent times (i.e. When we are operating under severe financial restrictions) - a successful manager/coach, and he seems to deem Mr Holden worthy of a job coaching his championship players. It makes me consider Dean must have some of qualified and respectible qualities!?!

Yes - I accept "suicidal" was the wrong word. I have no qualifications on that front, merely my own observations. I thought Holden was a very ordinary player when he was here - and I thought he was a poor coach - and then assistant - and temporary manager. His record is poor wherever he has been. So, an evidence based assessment. It's my opinion - yours is clearly different. I never subscribed to him being a particularly "nice guy" either. Quite arrogant the only time I ever had chance to hear him talk extensively (he was chatting about Latics to another member of the coaching staff in a pub/restaurant).

Yes - I accept "suicidal" was the wrong word. I have no qualifications on that front, merely my own observations. I thought Holden was a very ordinary player when he was here - and I thought he was a poor coach - and then assistant - and temporary manager. His record is poor wherever he has been. So, an evidence based assessment. It's my opinion - yours is clearly different. I never subscribed to him being a particularly "nice guy" either. Quite arrogant the only time I ever had chance to hear him talk extensively (he was chatting about Latics to another member of the coaching staff in a pub/restaurant).

I don't have a particularly strong opinion about whether he is or is not a good coach.... I understand the Latics based evidence would suggest he's far from the best.... however the fact that LJ has given him a job, suggests to me he can't be all that bad. We Latics fans often suffer from the blinkeredness of circumstance.

Is Adam Rooney a sh1t centre forward, or is it the fact we were trying to get him to play with his back to goal - instead of on the shoulder of lump - where he likes to run in behind the reason we think he's sh1t.

Ditto Poleon.... albeit I'm less aware of what it is that Ardley is doing with him at Wimbledon that we appeared unable to do.

Is Dean Holden a sh1t coach, or is it the fact he was made to manage when he wasn't ready after LJ was sold to Barnsley / then presented with Darren Kelly as his boss, the reason we think he's sh1t.

Basically, through non-Latics based evidence, I'm trying to keep an open mind and applying that to our current crop.

Could SR be a decent manager with more than just 2 weeks of a window and 4 senior pros to start with? Could Billy McKay be a 15 goal a season man with an Aaron Holloway/Curtis Main type alongside him..... and so on.

Edited by lookersstandandy

Johnson/Holdens Bristol City have 3 points from 24 since Holden returned mid November, lost again today to out of sorts Ipswich Town.

Think they could be lucky this year because the bottom 3 in that league are shocking......the 50/1 odds I got on them to be relegated when Holden joined was well worth a couple of quid though